Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hello mera period 14th ko ata h but abhi tak nai aaya muje back me pain hota h morning me or vagina me halka pain kabi kabi hota h kya pregnancy ho sakti h?
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.
Hi, I got negative in my report - unit- 0.46 / negative <1.0 equ 1.0-1.2 positive > 1.2 soo tell me I am out of danger and tell me some point so I save my life to HIV. Sir tell me one thing I got 0.46 and I do unprotrct sex I think 8 month passed so it a chance the unit is increase in future if I not do any unprotected sex.
We are friends and you had sex 1 week ago. I used condom for precautions. But she is worried Now because her date of menstruation is 26th last month and it doesn't happen till now. What to do? Is there anything to worried about?
I am 33 years old. And we are searching a baby. I have been married for 9 yrs. We took long time to have baby as for settlement. My period is irregular. What should I do for get a soon pregnant? thank you.
I gained 10 kgs during pregnancy. Most of it is thigh weight. I have undergone. C section and am still healing. To reduce my thigh muscles wat kind of exercise should I follow.
Hy Dr. My pre-ejaculation fluid touches my wife's vagina and it happen on 27/Nov/2016 how I know that she is pregnant or not? And if she pregnant how I stop it bcoz we don't want bby now.
After a normal delivery whether the vegina will be same as like before delivery. Please solve my doubt.
I am asking this question for one of my friend. The question is while have intercourse the sucking of vagina is injurious for health or not?
I was on the birth control shot for a year and because of that I did not get my period, I switched on the 8th of september, so im only my second week in, I should be getting my period eventually or not for a while because of the shot. Me and my boyfriend were having sex and we used a condom, but it broke and we did not know, until after, he told me we need to get the "morning after pill" so there are no risks I looked up the plan b step one pill and I do not want to risk anything either but I also think I will be okay because of the shot and the pill. I take my pills everyday and on time. I have not missed any, I make sure to take them. Should I buy the plan b step one pill or will I be okay?
My sister , she is going for a holiday trip and she have her periods date in that duration. She want to stop her period for that time. She want to delay her date of periods. So what medicine she will take for this?
Going for a mini vacation and worried as to how you would be able to stick to your diet and fitness regimen?
Don't fret Here are a couple of tips that will help u stay as near as your meal plan specially designed by your Registered Dietician, for your lifestyle
Firstly do not consider diet/ meal plan and exercise regimen as a burden. the key is to incorporate healthy eating and exercise as a part of normal living patterns.
Be well informed about the local foods available at the places that you would be visiting.
Choose wisely the low-fat options available.
Simultaneously, be also aware that low-fat foods are not necessarily low calorie, especially coz then you tend to eat them in larger quantities. The extra carbohydrates proportion created due to the reduction in fat percentage will eventually get converted into fat
Leave your dining table with a feeling that you could have eaten more. Do not stuff your stomach to its fullest capacity
Keep handy snacks like roasted chana, dry fruits (preferably the unsalted ones), fresh fruits, roasted makhanas, khajoor, etc
Avoid loading onto bakery foods in your food luggage bag. even the seemingly low calorie healthy/ whole grain bread and biscuits would do more harm than good coz of the trans-fatty acids or the saturated fats used as leavening agents
Remember the motto 'from farm to plate- no machinery in between'
Instead of popping in peppermints and accumulating sugar and hence fat, the healthy idea would be to keep a stock of natural mouth fresheners like cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, etc. these will up your antioxidant quota too.
Do not neglect your protein intakes. Carry packets of skim milk powder with you and enjoy fat-free milk, anytime, anywhere.
Carry sufficient water bottles along. do not tank up on carbonated beverages, just because you feel lazy to carry the extra weight in your handbags.
The extra weight that you put on while consuming these on your memorable trip, would be a disaster to health and lead to guilt later on
Lastly, do not forget your exercise regimen. Remember, muscle mass tends to be lost within 7 days of physical inactivity. Loss of muscle mass leads to reduction in basal metabolic rate and more of fat accumulation and the famous 'yo-yo syndrome.' which makes fat loss difficult later
Physical activity can be any forms like avoiding the elevator and using the staircases only of the hotel. walking as much as possible for short distances, especially when the sight seeing distances are shorter.Asana like Surya namaskar, chakki asanas, etc can be done an early morning in the hotel room itself. Mantra is to keep walking (it will help you burn the extra calories consumed and also keep your metabolic rate elevated.
One would not like to come back from a memorable trip outstation and be bogged down with the guilt of fat tires and love handles accumulated. prevention is better than cure.
Most importantly, even if you have failed to follow any of these tips, pl do not forget to go to your Registered Dietician for your regular scheduled follow-up visit
Stay healthy, stay blessed
20 week pregnant now currently suffering severe cold and sneezing problem since last three days. What to do as antibiotics cud be harmful for baby As of only iron, calcium and folic acid supplements are taking.
My wife is 39 years and having menstrual cycle sometime at 21 days/ 25days/ 23 days for last one year. In some cases it is associated with high bleeding and pain and some time only for 2/3 days. All of a certain she missed her menstrual date and it is almost 32 days. Doctor advised to wait for 2/3 days more. She is having the early symptoms of pains but no bleeding. Is it the onset of Menopause or something else.
• Stay Slimmer With Water--Replace calorie-filled beverages with water, and drink a glass before meals to help you feel fuller.
Drinking more water helps in metabolism .
• Water Boosts Your Energy - The right amount of water will help your heart pump your blood more effectively. And water can help your blood transport oxygen and other essential nutrients to your cells.
• Lower Stress With Water - About 70% to 80% of your brain tissue is water. If you're dehydrated, your body and your mind are stressed. To keep stress levels down, drink water.
• Build Muscle Tone With Water - Drinking water helps prevent muscle cramping and lubricates joints in the body.
• Nourish Your Skin - Fine lines and wrinkles are deeper when you're dehydrated. Water is nature's own beauty cream.
Drinking water hydrates skin cells and plumps them up, making your face look younger. It also flushes out impurities and improves circulation and blood flow, helping your skin glow.
• Stay Regular With Water - Along with fiber, water is important for good digestion.
Water helps dissolve waste particles and passes them smoothly through your digestive tract.
• Water Reduces Kidney Stones- Water dilutes the salts and minerals in your urine that form the solid crystals known as kidney stones.
Decreased Libido and vaginal dryness of mine. Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation with my partner.
I am 27 years old and have pcos for 6 years please suggest next steps (had undergone laparoscopy also but still pcos remains we are planning for our fist child please help).
In simple language, Hemorrhage is when the blood escapes from veins or blood vessels. This escape may happen because of various reasons like, for example, injury, low platelet count, threatened abortion, piles (Hemorrhoids), cancer, surgery, liver disease, brain trauma, acute bronchitis, menstrual problem and so on.
Types of Hemorrhage:
As a matter of fact, Hemorrhage is grouped into several categories. Hemorrhage can occur post surgery, and such a Hemorrhage is called as postoperative Hemorrhage. Similarly, for various reasons Hemorrhage can occur from the artery (Arterial Hemorrhage), vein (Venous Hemorrhage) or capillary (Capillary Hemorrhage). If Hemorrhage happens because of an injury, it is called primary Hemorrhage.
Other types of Hemorrhage are delayed bleeding post injury (Reactionary Hemorrhage), bleeding following childbirth (Postpartum Hemorrhage), delay in bleeding following Sepsis popularly called as septic (Secondary Hemorrhage), bleeding from urine (Haematuria), bleeding while coughing (Hemoptysis) and bleeding caused in the stomach (Hematemesis).
Further, Hemorrhage can be broadly classified into two namely internal and external:
- It would be needless to mention that excessive bleeding may lead to several complications. It can result in organ failure and there are instances that excessive bleeding can be fatal. On the other hand, blood loss can be external or visible Hemorrhage like those caused during an injury. There are also instances of blood loss occurring internally in which case the patient may notice blood either in the urine or stools, vagina or while coughing or through the nostrils or even from the mouth. In such cases, the patient should be rushed to a doctor who after careful examination, and tests would be able to identify the causes of the internal bleeding.
- In case of external bleeding or external Hemorrhage like those caused due to an injury, you may provide the necessary first aid. When the bleeding is noticed, do not get alarmed and also try to keep the patient calm. Hemorrhage caused due to external injury would normally stop within one or two minutes. However, if the bleeding persists even after two or three minutes, such cases would require medical attention, and therefore, you should rush the patient to the doctor at the earliest.
There are several remedies to tackle the problem of Hemorrhage. Some of the normal procedures followed are IV fluid, oxygen, administering medicines like vitamin B12 and so on. In complicated cases, the physician may suggest bone marrow surgical procedure, Endogenous EPO or such other procedures. If Hemorrhage is left unattended, it can result in several complications. Therefore, you should rush the patient to the physician urgently.