Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinita AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Kindly suggest about my non-continuous bleeding with some abdominal pain after taking Gestapro (combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablets) taken on 2nd January night. Unfortunately next day I miss to keep 2 tablets to keep in mouth for half an hour and had taken it with water and repeated the same on next day too. Brief information in this matter is due to no growth of fetus earlier, doctor successfully surgically abort it on 12 October and since than once I completed menstrual cycle and next time on being unintended pregnant, tried Gestapro (combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablets) taken on 2nd January night. Kindly suggest. I don’t wish to visit doctor.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD is a hormonal system disorder occurring in women of reproductive age. It is also known as Stein-Leventhal syndrome. PCOD refers a unique set of symptoms, which occur when there is a hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. The symptoms include late or no periods, pain in the pelvic region, heavy bleeding during periods, weight gain, growth of facial hair, acne and difficulty in conception or getting pregnant.
Cysts develop in the ovaries, which cause hormonal imbalances like the levels of androgen get raised more than the normal limits. Although androgens are the hormones for male, they are present in minor quantities in normal females. With the increase of androgen levels, it creates a disturbance in normal ovulation cycle leading to disturbance in menses.
All PCOD patients are advised to lose weight and do regular exercise. The common symptoms includes irregular menses, growth of facial hair and other parts of the body like arms, abdomen, chest, legs and fingers. An ultrasound examination can confirm the ovarian cysts. PCOD can lead to complications like type 2 diabetes, raised cholesterol levels, infertility, depression, cancer of uterus.
The conventional system of medicine has no cure for PCOD. Homeopathy however, offers the best alternative as it concentrates on treating and curing the root cause of the problem. Homeopathy believes that the human body is designed by nature to keep itself disease free and when its own internal vitality is unbalanced, the body becomes prone to disease. Once the vitality regains its original balance, the human body is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid.
1. Apis Mellifica is best homeopathic medicine for the treatment of PCOD with stinging pains in the ovarian region coupled with tenderness over abdomen and uterine region.
2. Pulsatilla works great for patients of PCOD who suffer from scanty and late menses. It is suited for young girls in whom the PCOD starts at puberty.
3. If a person suffering from PCOD with bearing down pains from the back and abdomen, then Sepia works like magic. The menses are irregular with too late and scanty or early and profuse. The patient is irritable and indifferent.
4. Lachesis is for patients with aversion to tight clothes. The menses are short and flow is feeble accompanied with pains in the abdomen which get relieved after the flow starts.
5. Graphite work great for patients of PCOD suffering from constipation. The patient has intolerance to cold and often feels tearing pain in the stomach coupled with hardness in the ovarian region. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Periods problem from past 5 months not getting correctly lots of pain with very low bleeding this month date over before one week still iam not getting iam very confused with this problem.
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi initiated the Swachh Bharat Mission in 2014, it marked the beginning of the world’s largest ever sanitation drive.
Three years down the line, nearly 2.5 crore toilets were constructed in a bid to make India free of open defecation - PM Modi’s government cleanliness drive proved a tremendous success. Also, in the upcoming year, 1.5 crore more toilets will be constructed in rural areas.
However, a staggering 355 million women and girls are still waiting for a toilet; if they were all to stand in a queue, it would stretch around the Earth more than four times!” It also says that approx. 732 million Indians have no access to toilets and are thus forced to pass in the open. Still so far to go!
- Approx. 732 million Indians have no access to toilets.
- India is lagged behind by China where 343 million people are living without decent toilet and sanitation facilities.
So, Why Toilets Are Important?
- Lack of sanitation can lead to diseases which are transmitted through human waste.
- Lack of sanitation can lead to contaminated drinking water, which is again extremely dangerous.
- Lack of sanitation is costing global economic losses in developing countries.
- Unsafe sanitation carries additional risks for many women - they are more vulnerable to sexual attacks.
- Not having access to safe sanitation is also one of the top reasons why girls do not go on with schooling once they hit puberty.
What Should Be Done?
Creating awareness about basic sanitation requires a well-organised campaign with government agencies in association with NGOs, media, and many others working in tandem at the grassroots. These awareness campaigns should be intended for making a behavioural shift in the attitudes of the people at the ground level.
On World Toilet Day, let us reaffirm our commitment towards improving sanitation facilities across our planet! Let's spread the awareness about improved access to basic sanitation...
I have take a anal sex yesterday. Should I get pregnant for this? I am 19 years old. Please tell me what to do?
Main me apni girl friend se sex Kia hai air condom fatt gya so pregnet ho gai hai and usse mensis nai aye 5 din ho gaye abhi to pregnancy ko khatam karne ki koi medicine btaye ?
Today employees working in rotating shift duty at different services across 24 hrs in each week (24/7)is a common work culture phenomena. Being a consultant I found that shift duty as a major cause of some common but persistent health problems. Shift rotating duties may lead to increased degeneration process of the body. If we consider increasing age as a factor along with this, it can lead to serious health problems in some individuals. In addition to this employees take a meal in canteens but its food quality, making methods and nutritional value are different from home. All these factors lead to health problems commonly related to the digestive system and other systems of the body.
Shift duties as risk factors to diseases
1) Cardiovascular disease (heart diseases)
2) Stress, depression
3) Insomnia (no sleep), headache
5) Gastrointestinal disorders -acidity, bloating, IBS etc.
6) Musculoskeletal disorders - joint pain, back pain etc.
7) Diabetes, asthma...
It's not just about shift duty; our body is well adjustable to any situation. It just needs time to adjust .As the body and circadian clock trying to adjust; your duty shift rotates again. In this cycle of the rotation, body tends to have more wear and tear resulting in health problems as it affects body metabolism and immunity. Research shows that injuries and accidents have been estimated to increase by 15% in evening shifts and 28% in night shifts. U S - NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY and HEALTH recommends employers to avoid quick shift changes and should rotating shifts schedules should rotate forward.
A Recent study shows that 12am to 3 am is the natural time of healing and detoxification of the body. This period is essential to maintain an equilibrium of body as well as of mind.
Ayurveda says that constituents of the human body should be in SAMYA AVASTHA (BALANCED) to maintain body health and mind health. That becomes hard to achieve due to shifting duties nowadays. Ayurveda will help you in this regard by
1) Suggesting lifestyle changes
2) Diet plan
3) Exercise and yoga
4) Detoxification therapies
5) Medicines -if needed to treat health problems.
Which types of injection, homiology powder and tablet is very important of a pregnancy women on delivery condition? Please tell me.
M 27 years old. I was in live in relationship with someone almost 1 year. Now he is not with me and m going to marry with some one else. I want my virginity back. What should I do? please advice. Need your support.
Hi I am male got married before 2 years my wife not conceiving as per doctor instructions I have done with serum test it is 80 billions and wife got done with folical test but not use I have a doubt Tht egg is not releasing Doctors please help me out.
I want to cure piles, because I am having some disorder while going urine, I feel very itchy and sometime blood came out with urine.
I had urine test to check pregnancy after 3 and half hour when I checked it I saw it contain 5-6 white particles floating in the urine neither on the surface nor at the base please tell me I am pregnant?
I got cesarean delivery on December 4th my doctor advised me to wash the incision with soap and apply mega heal cream after getting dry and wear belt. Can I wash incision with dettol soap?
To build a good marriage, you need love and acceptance. To build a bad one, you need dumb rules and unreal expectations.
We had protected sex on 5 Dec we are sure nothing went wrong even the guy is sure n now period were due on 26 as in Nov I got it on 26 n now it's 28 m worried about it what to do. Please help me.
I am 25 years old and recently got married. From last 3 days I am feeling dizzy, have an urge of vomit but no actual vomit, mouth tastes bitter/ metallic. What may be the possible reason for this? (Took pregnancy test yesterday, all 3 came out to be negative). My menstrual cycle is of 25-28 days. I had got my last period on 14 Dec. And today morning I got my period. Now is it concern of pregnancy or is it related to something else?
I am 3 month pregnant so can I travel from Aurangabad to udgir by sleeper travels .is it safe for baby. please answer in detail.
Hello doctor, I have irregular cycle and I have 5 years old baby. I want to get pregnant now what can I do? Please tell me.
Unexpected or abnormal vaginal bleeding usually refers to the kind of bleeding that occurs any time outside of the normal time of menstruation. Also termed as spotting, inter-menstrual bleeding or metrorrhagia, bleeding between periods always calls for extra measures to be taken against it, and is a matter of serious concern. The primary causes for unexpected vaginal bleeding generally are:
- An imbalance of progesterone and estrogen levels triggered by a variety of causes like thyroid gland problems, dysfunctional ovaries and irregular doses of birth control pills, which may eventually lead to spotting. However, one must take note of the fact that hormonal contraceptives, in many cases, may cause abnormal bleeding for the first few months, after which it always subsides.
- Noncancerous growth such as uterine fibroids are also potential causes of spotting or abnormal bleeding.
- Miscarriages, ectopic pregnancy, and other kinds of complications involved during childbirth can cause abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Infection of reproductive organs caused due to intercourse, vaginal douching, pelvic inflammatory disease, or STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) may lead to bleeding and inflammation.
- Cancer of the vagina, uterus, cervix, or ovaries, albeit extremely rare in nature, may cause abnormal bleeding of the vagina.
While in most cases, this type of bleeding is naturally corrected, some women might need to undergo treatments when the case is severe. Overlooking an otherwise minor issue might thrust you in the face of life-threatening circumstances, if it develops into a case of cancer, infection, or any other type of disorder.
‘Prevention’ of vaginal bleeding, as such, is indeed a narrow possibility and the measures will almost always vary since the factors that cause intermenstrual bleeding aren’t the same in all cases. However, what your doctor will always advise you in this regard will be to ensure that your diet is balanced, your weight under control and your lifestyle is essentially healthy. If you happen to be on birth control medications, be so while adhering to medical instructions. Resorting to taking aspirin doses often might also influence the incidence of such abnormal conditions. If your pain still persists after you experience unexpected bleeding, you must consult a doctor without any further delay.