Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Vinit GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 44 yrs male suffering from dibetics, cholesterol and high bp. Now taking medicines as follows 1. Dianorm total 60 1. 5 - 0 - 1 2. Eritel 40 1 - 0 -0 3. Rosavel a 0 - 0 - 1 for the last 9 yrs I have been taking these medicines. Prescribe me best medicines having no side effects.
Women, who have been thinking that cardiac diseases are something that doesn’t need much attention, then you have tragically mistaken. As a matter of fact, these are the diseases which most women aren’t too aware of. However, it is affecting a lot of women all over the world. The most common issue in cardiology, particularly among women is a heart attack. The first thing that we should know is that Cardiovascular diseases like heart attack are killing as many women as men.
Almost more than 25,000 women are dying all over India every year from a heart attack or other coronary heart diseases. The ratio results show that women are suffering from heart attack three times more than that of breast cancer. The main reason that creates this higher toll is that the disease may be different in women. However, in the case of men, it stays more localised. In the case of women, the disease is diffused and spread out, but it can be treated.
You cannot seek immunity only through pills:
We should be aware of the fact that pills will help you to curb the chance of having a heart attack, but again doctors claim that the risk does hike quite significantly after the menopause in women. The pills in such case can create various side effects and eventually trigger more cardiac diseases. The formation of clots in blood are created by different kinds of hormonal contraception, which is the main reason for a potential heart attack in women.
Heart attack symptoms in women:
We all know that the classic heart attack symptoms include severe pressure on the chest and extreme chest pain. However, these symptoms can be quite subtle in case of women. So, here we are listing down 4 of the most common symptoms of heart attack for women and those are:
- Shortness of breath
- Throat pain and jaw pain
- Pain in arms may be in one or both
If you experience any one of these symptoms even, make sure that you go for a check immediately. Take quicker action as each minute that goes on during a heart attack is creating the death of a heart muscle.
Smoking doubles the risk of a heart attack in women
According to experts in cardiology, the most important fact that triggers a heart attack in women is smoking, which increases the blood pressure and causes the blood to pile up in your blood vessels, reducing the good HDL cholesterol which clots the blood and eventually results in a heart attack.
You must be wondering about the favourable chances of having a heart attack for women. The fifth and final thing to know about a heart attack is that women who are weighing thirty pounds or more have more chances of heart attack. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
I am 46 years old and was pressure free so far. Last week I had 90/140 pressure check up reading. I am diabetic- type 2. Is it beginning of high blood pressure? And how dangerous is it for me? What precautions should I take?
I am 25 years old . Few days ago first time I was suffered from chest pain. It was too horrible pain I went too local doctor .he gave me some medicine i'm ok. Now should I go further treatment for it ?
Hello sir, am 30 years old house wife having problem of high heartbeat at night times and same time upper back ache along with uncomfortable burps all the day. Dr. has suggested medicine for gas problems but after using them also no improvement seen. Kindly suggest me some guidance and refer me good Dr. in KPHB Hyderabad.
I have pain in my right side of chest at night but I smoke everyday what should I do I have a problem quiting smoking.
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
My mother's heartbeat suddenly increases and she is also feeling some heaviness around her chest area. Actually, her hemoglobin was 6 around one month ago and doctor advised her 7 cycles of 300 mg iron injections (3 ENCIFER or OROFER S) in 200 ml normal saline. Since then, she has had five injection cycles in hospital. The last four iron injection cycles took around 2 to 2.5 hrs per cycle but fifth injection cycle was completed in approximately one hour by nurse. Also at the time of fifth injection, the canola was fixed on her wrist (since both the hands were paining as they were used for the last four cycles) and she was also told by nurse to hold the canola so that the same could not come out (but it was not the case in the last four cycles in which the canolas were fixed on hands i.e. On back side of palm). Since the application of fifth injection cycle, she was feeling heaviness in chest and now after 5 days of application of fifth injection cycle, she is saying that the heaviness has moved slightly above chest. The phenomenon of sudden increase in her pulse rate is also taking place. Today, I measure her BLOOD PRESSURE which was 135 and 62 and pulse was 98. She takes TELMIKIND40 for blood pressure daily and thyroid tablet of 75 mg daily for thyroid. Please explain, if the heaviness or sudden increase in pulse rate may be due to the fact that the fifth injection cycle was completed within one hour as compared to the last four injections (which took at least two hour each time) or is there something related to BLOOD PRESSURE which is causing heaviness and sudden increase of pulse or there may be different reasons for sudden increase in pulse and heaviness around chest area and about her present condition (can fifth iron injection given be harmful) and also what treatment should be given. I shall be extremely thankful to you.
My blood pressure frequently goes up every evening After 4: 00 pm. It crosses 160/100. I am taking some pill still it doesn't work after 4: 00 pm it rises frequently. Here are the medicines I take: Stamlo 5 mg. 1---0----1 Betacap tr 40 1----------- Losar 25 1----0---1 Ecosprin 75. 0----1---0.
I'm suffering from heart and left arm pain I undergone 2d echo and ecg 1 month back do I need to worry I'm suffering from severe acidity problem my pain is very severe please help me out suggest me any Medicine for instant relief from heart pain and left arm pain please.
Hello Doctors. I have so much cold and sneezing continuously. It's been since 14 days I am having cold. Feeling so much down and having little pain in my chest too. Please help me doctors. Give me the best suggestion what should I want to do? Due to sneeze I totally losing my hopes.
I feel dizziness and unbalance during when walked. My BP is also increase. But it is contemporary. I also feel blurr vision sometimes. My HB is 8.9.
Heart disease or cardiovascular disease is an umbrella term that encompasses a variety of heart related ailments including Angina, coronary artery disease, pulmonary stenosis, irregular heartbeat as well as heart failure and cardiac attacks, among many others. Training the heart to pump blood in a better fashion when one is suffering from such conditions, is the cornerstone of managing cardiovascular ailments. The exercises for this usually revolve around strengthening the heart and its various parts.
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese form of energy flow exercises that can help patients suffering from heart or cardiovascular diseases. Let us see how.
- Non Vigorous: It is a medically proven fact that non vigorous exercises form an important part of managing the heart in such ailments. This is one of the most important rehabilitation elements for such patients. This kind of exercise usually involves movements like walking and even other mild forms of exercise. Tai Chi is one such form of breathing and motion.
- Muscular Strength: This mind body exercise is a traditional one that can benefit the aerobic capacity of the patient and create a basis for building the muscular strength in the area.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure is one of the most common problems experienced by patients who are suffering from any cardiovascular ailment. With the help of Tai Chi, the systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels have shown marked improvement. This is due to the uptake of oxygen in this resistance based, mild exercise which does not put undue pressure on the heart.
- Diabetes: Diabetes mellitus is another common side effect or even cause of cardiovascular diseases. For many patients, both the ailments go hand in hand. With the help of Tai Chi, the patient can show remarkable improvement in the blood sugar level as well. This also helps in losing some amount of weight even as the Tai Chi practitioners are encouraged to make dietary changes.
- Balance: Tai Chi helps in attaining a certain balance and poise that is required for the constant cleansing of toxins from the body and its various organs. In this way, Tai Chi actually works as a wholesome lifestyle moderator as well.
- Breathing: In Tai Chi, the practitioner is asked to focus on one's breath. This will deeply enhance the way we take and use oxygen within the system, which in turn has a highly beneficial effect as far as heart diseases go. This effect is also known as meditation in motion.
You can also take the package for Improving Heart Health.
Practicing Tai Chi is beneficial for good health and potentially fatal ailments like heart disease. Remember to ask your doctor whether or not you can try out a new form of exercise before you start. If you wish to discuss about any specific cardio or heart problem, you can consult a specilized cardiologist and ask a free question.