Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Vinit GuptaYour feedback matters!
I frequently get back pain and I can't walk much because my heart starts beating fast. What's the matter with me?
Hi, I am planning to study in Australia in few more months, but, according to reports. Australia has the highest chances of getting skin cancer due to UV rays, what are the precautions 1 can take to be safe from skin cancer & what are the symptoms of skin cancer?
My wife has enlarged heart like dilated cardiomyopathy with ef 35 to 40 percent. Can the heart come back to shape.
Hello Doc. I am 30years old. My BP stays in the range 140/85-150/88 most of time. Do I need to start medication immediately or lifestyle change should help. I have lowered RICE and sodium intake.
Shortness of breathing at night *I wake up several times in night to take breath in open air *Feels memory loss ,instability to fix attention to study ,poor learning ability *when I take any any anxiety or sleeping tablet ,symptoms are more aggravated. *feels morning weakness *X-ray of chest is normal, showing not any negative thing *feels unable to do any Brain activity or any mental work *At daytime, not feeling so much trouble in breathing *Blood Glucose is 102.
Sir I am 44 year old, from last one yera I feel sudden weakness in legs and I fell I am going to fall. Bp 115 155, 90 to 93 pulse rate. Ifell dizziness also because of this.
Hello doctor, Its me Deepa. 1. My mind s overloading my heart nd nt making me to listen to my heart. 2. My mind s always thinking something continuously nd making me to b silent fr few mins lso. 3. My mind & heart r operating together. 4. I want to follow my heart bt my mind s nt leaving me. 5. Sometimes this leads to over stress to me nd I getting depressed sometime. 6. Bcaz of this I can not able to concentrate on my studies too. 7. Pls suggest me & help me to overcome frm this doctor.
My bp is 160/80 I take olmezest 40 and prolomet xl 25 diabetic metformin500 od hb1ac 6.1 lipid profile normal advice.
My wife is 31 year old. My wife is having tingling sensation all over body. And saying heartbeat is fast. But the bp is normal as 120-80. Please tell me what can I do in that situation and any test is required. Please guide.
My grandfather is 79 years old and has been diagnosed with coronary heart disease with multiple blocked arteries. He has been recommended a bypass surgery. To put on record he is also suffering from diabetes. Considering the Age his condition and other ailments is it safe to go for a surgery? What are the other options?
Hello sir, I am suffering from serious constipation which causes pain in my left side of stomach and also cause serious burning sensation in my chest. Please suggest me.
Hypertension is a condition where the blood has to exert extra pressure to flow through the blood vessels. While there is a genetic component to it, the more strong contributing factors are modified lifestyle and dietary changes. There are also a lot of environmental changes that have contributed to this new epidemic. While earlier people in their 50s and 60s would be diagnosed with hypertension, now there are people in 30s and 40s taking hypertension pills. Excess fat accumulation is the major cause of hypertension in younger patients.
There begins the complexity of the issue. Hypertension which requires medications to control it, they lead to side effects and bring in a host of other diseases like diabetes, and obesity which in turn bring in a whole lot of complications. A more easy way to manage would be to prevent and of course, after onset, look at how naturally it can be managed.
Ayurveda has numerous substances that have been proven to have beneficial effects in controlling blood pressure over the past 1000s of years.
- Celery or ajwain helps blood vessels to dilate and reduces concentration of stress hormones in the blood.
- Ashwagandha has a wide range of actions and improves the body's ability to handle physical and mental stress. This in turn improves blood pressure, obesity, and depression.
- Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C which prevents fragility of the capillaries (thinner blood vessels).
- Cow's urine prevents hardening of blood vessels and is of curative value in those who have blood pressure due to hardening of blood vessels.
- Triphala which is a combination of amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki helps reduce inflammation that leads to blood pressure, thereby helping to control it.
- Jatamansi - By helping the free radical damage on the arteries, it protects the arteries and prevents cholesterol accumulation. It also is a very well-proven stress reliever and has additional benefits on hypertension.
- Arjuna - By helping the metabolism of the bad cholesterol in the liver, this protects the inner lining of the heart and thereby helps control hypertension.
- Calcium and potassium containing substances help remove sodium and thereby improve blood pressure.
- Natural herbs like Brahmi, Sarpagandha, Shankhpushpi, and Chandana are effective Ayurvedic cure and treatment for hypertension.
- Rasayana treatment from ayurveda is having excellent results, however everyone requires unique rasayan as per their body types.
- Watermelon helps in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Aloe gel, barberry, calamus, valerian, skullcap, gotu kola cayenne, myrrh, motherwort, hawthorn and jatamansi have all been shown to help manage hypertension over thousands of years.
- A glass of warm milk mixed with saraswat powder is also helpful for patients with high blood pressure.
These are natural remedies which were a part of diet since times immemorial. Including them in the diet, reducing processed foods, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol and smoking can be some natural ways to prevent and if required control hypertension. Stress is here to stay, but can definitely be managed with a little conscious effort.