Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vineet SehgalYour feedback matters!
My daughter 2.5 months old is taking out milk almost after every feed and also cries and feels uneasy until she takes out the milk. Daily in evening she cries a lot Please suggest the possible reasons behind it.
My baby is 7 months old. He fell off from bed 5 days ago and from then he is not shouting that much he does before. What is the reason for that and what to do for that?
All diabetic patients who fast should be aware of certain facts if they fast during Ramzan, he further added.
All patients with diabetes should consult with their family physician regarding the Ramzan fast and learn the warning symptoms.
Type 2 diabetes will be controlled by diet and may require no special precautions.
Patients at risk of diabetes should avoid overeating to prevent post meal high blood pressure, after the predawn and/or sunset meal.
The exercise program for patients with diabetes on diet control should be modified to avoid lower blood sugar level. Exercise should be done 2 hours after the sunset meal.
Food restriction and dehydration may cause some cardiac risk in the elderly.
The choice of drugs in diabetes may require consultation with a doctor. Drugs that act by increasing the production of insulin are to be preferred. Some patients on metformin may fast safely with minimal complications. However, two-thirds of the total daily dose should be given just before the sunset meal and rest one-third before the predawn meal. Patients on pioglitazone may require no change in dose. Patients on sulfonylureas may require medical clearance before commencing fast.
Insulin dose also needs to be modified during the fast. Usually two doses of insulin, one before each meal, are sufficient.
If the blood sugar falls below 60, then the fast should be immediately broken.
Fast should also be broken if blood sugar rises to more than 300.
Patients should avoid fasting on sick days.
My nephew 1 month 12 days old. He is suffering from rubella syndrome. Heart eye and ear effected. Your advice in this regard is highly applicable.
My baby is 11 month old now . I give him. Formula milk when he was 6 months old. Lactodex 2 . Should I change it or other effective milk would use .
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations
6. You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.
How is Homoeopathy beneficial for your child during exams and result time?
Some Kids take tests with no tension at all, some get a bit nervous and tense, while others suffer with tummy aches, restlessness, headaches, nerves, mental dullness and an inability to focus. Just as some bodies overreact to allergens or toxins, others overreact to stresses like tests, public speaking or performing.
Fortunately homeopathy does not discriminate. Its applications include mental, emotional and physical symptoms equally. Without slowing, accelerating, depressing or stimulating mental function, our safe natural homeopathic remedies help the body steady its responses and maintain a healthier balance.
One gets the first bitter taste of stress in the adolescent years. There is pressure to perform well in exams, an anxiety whether one will be accepted by peers and to add to it all, difference in generations cause many arguments. All these lead to stress in susceptible youngsters. It is important to deal with stress at this stage because it lays foundations of the mental make up of individual for the years to come.
The most common form of student stress is exam anxiety. Marked by a feeling of panic, the student feels upper pared for the exams, almost every student experience exam stress. To some extend exam anxiety functions as stress and motivates students to put in greater efforts while studying However, at times it gets it gets out of hand and the inevitable result is distress.
Initial symptoms of exam anxiety are:
rapid heart beating.
However when full-blow distress, then the following symptoms are observed:
Inability to focus and understand.
Difficulty in retrieving key words and concepts.
A ‘blank feeling when one tries to remember the answers.
Remembering the answers after the exam is over.
The unfortunate result of excess exam stress is that the student fares badly in exams in spite of having worked hard.
The other common stressors faced by a student are…
Failure in examinations
The first year’s college, requiring adjustment to new study material and people.
Transfer to another college/educational institutions.
Economic burden of higher studies.
Problem with teachers.
Being expelled or having to quit college.
Since this form of distress spoils the performance of even the brightest of students, it becomes a matter of concern and requires treatment at the right point of time we treat distress forms of exam anxiety through a group of specific homeopathic medications. These medications function by controlling and reducing the extent of exam anxieties as perceived by the human body. These in turn work by controlling stress levels and preventing symptoms of distress from setting in, thus giving the student a chance to perform at his/her best potential.
A further advantage of the treatment that homeopathy has no side effects, like drowsiness, insomnia or trembling, unlike conventional treatment. And also we guide to our patient yoga, prename and meditations under our treatment, improved his mental ability and patient free from his mental disease.
Few of the problems where homoeopathy improves your child are-
Staying focused and sharp – common situations, such as jitters before an exam or job interview, poor concentration, exhaustion from overwork, and eyestrain from prolonged computer use.
Exam apprehension and stomach upset before exams.
Nervous before public speaking ,orals,viva or exams .
Poor Concentration, Stress, and Overwork.
Inability to relax and over-stimulated mind.
Eyestrain and muscle stiffness.
Humiliation,shame and Failure.
Reprimand/Criticism and Bullying.
Worry and Fear of failure.
Depression,anger,irritability and agitation.
2016, Naina Homoeo Care by Dr Sameer
Hi my baby is 2 months old. He is on top feed and breast feed both. Inspite of burf he is vomiting, which medicine should I give him please suggest.
Baby is 14 month old still he is not talking in which age he is talking properly? He has tough tied problem also.
Hi a 18 day old baby not getting mother milk due insufficient flow of milk. Henceforth baby drinking cow milk. Can you please suggest any supplement for baby to make them healthy and any medicine to their mother to flow of milk.
Hello sir/mam. My baby is 15 months old and doesn't want to drink plain milk. Can I use Hershey's syrup in her milk. Does it have any side affects. Thank you My second question is am 5 months pregnant and doesn't observe any movement in my tummy. Some Orthodox people use to say that if it starts moving after 5 to 6 months it may be a baby boy. Is that so? Please let me know. thanks.
I'm 29, I have one and half year baby, after delivery my weight is normal but now before 7 months onwards my weight is decreasing, wat the Reason, why I'm getting less weight, nw my weight is 37. Please help me I'm looking very very thin.
My son is 3 yrs. He has lactose intolerance. So we give him nusobee. He has bad digestion. Since birth. Early he never gets fever. 2 times in a year. But always stomach upset problem. Nw from feb he gets fever every month like on 16 feb then 16 march reason was urine infection. Then 16 april after that he gets fever on 4 thjune almost after 1 and half months later. He has cold. He complaints of legs pain in night. For this I started giving him ayurvedic medical after prescription medicine name is pedent for vitamins. Nw he do not say legs are pain. I notice that when ever he has fever there is black pin dot comes in his eye. I did his culture urine test. That was normal. So I want to ask is it common that child get fever in 1 and half months. Or something else.
My younger daughter is 10 years old. She is not gaining her weight please suggest some diet for her.
Tonsillitis, in the easiest terms, is the swelling of tonsils in our throat that is accompanied by symptoms like throat pain, difficulty in swallowing/ drinking, altered voice and fever etc.
As in the case of most infections, the occurrence of tonsillitis is more common in children due to relatively lower immunity and habits that invite infections. Let's take a look at the first line of defence when you have a cranky child with swollen tonsils.
1. Make your child gargle with salty warm water: This treatment is most helpful in any infection in the mouth. Add half teaspoonful of salt to a glass of warm water and make the child gargle with the mixture as many times in the day as possible (to a maximum of 5 times). Continue till the condition prevails.
Make sure the child spits out the water and not drinks it.
2. Antibiotics: Consult the ent specialist and have the antibiotics if it is a bacterial cause as per the doctor. Take the alternative treatment prescribed in case of other causes. The entire course of medication should be completed even if the kid gets better sooner to eliminate all traces of bacteria.
3. Painkiller/numbing lozenges: Painkillers that are prescribed by the doctor can be given to ease the pain. Same is the case with lozenges but care should be taken that he/she should not have too many of these.
4. Allow him/her to take rest: It does help in a betterment of the condition!
5. Give warm (not hot) soothing food: Soup, ginger honey mixture, ginger tea can help soothe the inflamed tonsils in most cases. The condition, more often than not, gets better within 7-10 days.