Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vineet Narang
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Vineet NarangYour feedback matters!
Today I got my urine culture report. The result shows staphylococcus aureus isolated. I have a surgery tomorrow for removal of urethra stent and kidney stone. What does the report mean. Colony count: 1000.
I'm married. 21 years old. I'm suffering from urinary infection. Using condom is the reason of urinary infection?
- Kidney disease can affect children in various ways, ranging from treatable disorders without long-term consequences to life-threatening conditions.
- Acute kidney disease develops suddenly, lasts a short time, and can be serious with long-lasting consequences, or may go away completely once the underlying cause has been treated.
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD) does not go away with treatment and tends to get worse over time.
Kidney disease in children can be caused by
- birth defects
- hereditary diseases
- nephrotic syndrome
- systemic diseases
- urine blockage or reflux
A health care provider diagnoses kidney disease in children by completing a physical exam, asking for a medical history, and reviewing signs and symptoms. To confirm diagnosis, the health care provider may order one or more of the following tests:
- urine tests
- blood test
- imaging studies
- kidney biopsy
Treatment for kidney disease in children depends on the cause of the illness.
- Children with a kidney disease that is causing high blood pressure may need to take medications to lower their blood pressure. Improving blood pressure can significantly slow the progression of kidney disease. As kidney function declines, children may need treatment for anemia and growth failure.
- Children with kidney disease that leads to kidney failure must receive treatment to replace the work the kidneys do. The two types of treatment are dialysis and transplantation.
- For children with CKD, learning about nutrition is vital because their diet can affect how well their kidneys work. Parents or guardians should always consult with their child’s health care team before making any dietary changes.
What are the Symptoms Associated with Pediatric Kidney Disease?
Kidney disease often goes undetected in the general population, but children and adolescents are at an even greater risk due to the nature of the causes of the diseases and the ambiguity of the symptoms.
Children might not be aware of some of the changes that are impacting their body and will not always let their parents know of potential issues.
Common symptoms for children are:
- Swelling (even mild) of the hands and feet and/or puffiness around the eyes caused by excess fluid build-up, to the point where the child’s ability to move around normally is compromised
- After initial swelling, socks or a belt can leave an indentation in the skin that will persist
- Lack of or decrease in appetite.
- In children with ESRD it is especially important to keep their appetite up because transplant eligibility is based partially on growth.
- Decreased or increased frequency of urination. Children who can normally use the toilet without assistance may suddenly begin to wet the bed at night
- Long-lasting changes in the color of the urine such as unusually dark or red, which can indicate blood, and changes in appearance of urine such as extra foam that can indicate protein
- Headaches resulting from high blood pressure
- Flu-like Symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite
- Stunted or poor growth as compared to similar age group peers
- Difficulty concentrating and poor school performance
Another potential indicator of pediatric kidney disease is family history of kidney disease. Genetic related disease is much more common in children than in adults. If there is family history, it is a good idea to get a check-up.
Looking at the list of common symptoms it is easy to see how CKD can go undiagnosed. As a parent or caregiver, it is important to have conversations with your children to understand the severity and duration of the symptoms and follow up with pediatric nephrologist.
I have a anal fissure or internal. Piles it never bleeds but sometimes I feel itchiness and burning sensation there, also I have problem while sitting It's ongoing from last 6 months I am. Using shield ointment for now Wat else I could do any ayurveda or homeopathic medicine In case it's a fissure.
I have done my urine test my pus cell 4-5/hpf. I feel pain during urination and after urination in my urethra. What should I do now? Please suggest me.
I have kidney stone measuring 3.7 mm and 3.5 mm in right kidney and 2 mm size found in left kidney after sonography. What will I do?
I had got kidney stone just 2 days back Nw when I masturbate sperms don't come outside I was really tensed can you please answer to me.
I was got to know that I have one rt kidney working (with hypertrophy) and not functioning while scanning for other purposes. Doctors say it is the congenital problem as I have other congenital problems too (cataract cleft palate lowest ears. Doctor said blood urea n serum creatinine levels are pretty normal no special diet is needed. I want to be safe. Are there any imp changes to be made in diet and whqt should be the daily protein intake. I do moderate push ups.
Many theories and as many reasons are given, but in most of the cases, the cause of stone formation in the kidneys is not clear. Biochemical dysfunction seems to be the only possible explanation. Stones generally develop very slowly.
The tendency to the stone formation may be hereditary. Stones may vary in size from sand particles to large stone. Urinary stones may be present for many years and may give rise to no symptoms. When a stone obstructs the urinary passage, mild pain to severe renal colic occurs. There may be restlessness, sweating, pallor, vomiting, frequent urination, blood in urine etc during pain. Attack of pain may last few hours to few days, varying in severity time to time. In many cases, urinary infection is a common occurrence.
Homeopathic treatment plan comprises of:
- Ultrasonography at regular interval of three to four months to monitor
- The size of the stone
- Movement of the stone along the urinary passage.
- Kidney function tests should be done to evaluate the function of kidneys.
- Urine examination may be helpful to treat the accompanying urinary infections.
- Parathyroid hormone and serum calcium level should be considered if the stone formation is recurrent.
- It is a well-known fact that some stones can pass naturally. But often they may cause severe pain and at times obstruction. But with homeopathic treatment even moderate-sized stone can pass absolutely painlessly.
- Though the use of painkillers and antispasmodics can relieve the pain and spasm, in the process can actually hamper or suspend the onward and outward movement of the stone. With homeopathic treatment, body's natural reactions are stimulated that helps throw out the stone without much discomfort.
- At times, it is seen that with homeopathic treatment stones gradually dissolve into sand particles and get eliminated from the urinary system without being aware of it. This can be monitored by subsequent Ultrasonograms watching the gradual reduction in the size of the stones.
- As stone formation is just a by-product of body's biochemical dysfunction at deeper levels, only removal of the stone by natural or surgical means is not enough. Homeopathic treatment not only removes the stone, but can also modify the tendency to form stones by improving body's natural balance in general, and biochemical dysfunction in particular.
- In bilateral, multiple and recurrent stones, constitutional homeopathic treatment is far more superior than surgery or any other therapy as it has the potential to help the body, not only throw the stone out but also improve the biochemical dysfunction to check the recurrence of stone formation.
- Surgery can be helpful only when the size of the stone is very large, causing damage to the kidney by back- pressure. Even then, homeopathic treatment is of significant importance to improve the basic biochemical defects.
- Constitutional Homeopathic treatment can also help avert the complication of surgery. With constitutional homeopathic treatment, accompanying urinary infections are also relieved.
- AND, the added advantage is that with constitutional homeopathic treatment, general health also improves.
- Large number of dietary "take and avoid" is known to the masses, but their role is doubtful. With good constitutional homeopathic treatment and proper monitoring by ultrasography, dietary restrictions are not mandatory.
- Increased amounts of fluid intake are advisable.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!