Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Ayurvedas online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinayak Abbot
Submit a review for Dr. Vinayak AbbotYour feedback matters!
Low or reduced libido has been a point of concern for many years and if left neglected it can negatively impact your love life. Read on to know how you can boost your libido with these ornamental tips.
- Have a positive mental attitude and keep your stress level low: If you feel good and self confident you may feel more sexual and attractive to your partner.
- Consider, but do not overly rely on supplements that claim to increase your libido.Take a bite out of a forbidden fruit: Figs, bananas and avocados, for example, are considered libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. And they are provide certain vitamins smooths the blood flow..
- Be a poser: Yoga does more than just get you limber, it may boost your libido, too. Yoga may also improve your orgasms by increasing blood flow down there.
- Indulge in all things chocolate: Throughout history, chocolate has been a symbol of desire. Not just because of its delicious taste, but because of its power to improve sexual pleasure.
- Find out which scenarios spark magic for you and your partner: You do not need to recreate every detail from those scenes. With a little imagination, improvisational role-playing, you can incorporate one or two key elements from the scene, such as a costume or a prop - and create a scenario that is likely to liven the mood.
- Take your daily herbs: Ginkgo biloba, an extract derived from the leaf of the Chinese ginkgo tree, is another herb found to treat antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction.
- Seek the help of a sex therapist, if necessary: If you are experiencing sexual problems that prevent you from desiring, initiating, or enjoying sex, consider whether these issues may be psychological in origin.
- Be patient: If you have a partner who is being treated for lost interest in and enjoyment in sex, or for issues relating to sexual performance, be patient and realize that treatment can take several months or more to be effective.
- Take a whiff: Whiffing can also work for you. But the scent of your man postworkout might do just that. Sniffing his sweat can increase your level of the stress hormone cortisol, which may boost arousal.
The pelvic area has a number of muscles which need to be maintained healthy for optimal urinary and reproductive functions. From being able to start and maintain a good flow of urine to erections that last long, these muscles play a significant role.
These exercises were developed by Dr. Arnold Kegel in the 1940s, originally used to tighten the vagina after vaginal birth. Soon, their benefits in men were discovered and so they are today widely advised for both men and women.
How does it work?
The main idea of the Kegel exercise is to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. It runs from the tailbone up to the pelvic bone and is shaped like a hammock. Strengthening this muscle allows for better functioning of the sphincters, giving better control over urination as well as ejaculation.
There are 4 simple steps to doing the Kegel exercise that is find, contract, hold, and release; and repeat. Read on to know more.
Find: The pelvic floor muscles control the urine stream and the anal opening, so the next time you are urinating, try to stop midstream and locate the muscle. Without any tension on the legs or the abdomen, try to lift the pelvic floor upward.
Contract: The first step is to contract the pelvic floor muscle, while continuing to breathe.
Hold: When you start doing it, it might be difficult to hold it for more than a few seconds. This will gradually increase with time. Make a mental note of it to track progress.
Release and repeat: Release the muscle and repeat for up to 10 times, each contraction lasting for 10 seconds
This simple exercise is advised by doctors to men will manage a variety of issues. The fact that it can be done anywhere, requires no equipment and is so simple, but so effective have added to its popularity.
The stronger pelvic floor muscles improve blood flow to the penis, providing harder, longer lasting erections.
The volume and force of ejaculation will also be improved greatly with repeated Kegels, leading to stronger orgasms
Improved control over the muscles improves sexual stamina, thereby allowing you to control your orgasm
Used in managing urinary incontinence
Nocturnal urination can be managed by regular Kegel exercises
Prolapse of pelvic organs can be prevented
Because of these varied benefits, it is widely used by doctors and sexual experts in a number of patients.