Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vimla MenonYour feedback matters!
I have a headache every time. My eyes getting pain when I see any type of lights. I don't know what happened with me. I am in problem. Please give me any solution of this problem. My family also angry on me due to my this conditions.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
Dr, am a 61 year old retired professional, was in a Thermal power plant for about 35 years. I have no problem of Dandruff but my eyes do itch for about 3 to 7 days, when I take Alcohol, which is once in a month or 2 months, but I take it at a stretch for 3 to 4 days, without eating properly. I don" t have any chronic illness, just Blood pressure which is controlled-taking Nicardia retard 10 mg Aten 25 in the morning, and one Nicardia, after dinner. Am not an Alcoholic nor like it, just give company to friends. Can you please suggest something, to put in my eyes, if and when it itches--any Drops or Medicine, whatever.
At Last night.in my right eye tears and wastes are come out. So I want to know it is due to cold or anything else.
I have a stye on upper eyelid last 20 days. I have already checked by eye specialist and he prescribed some drop and medicine but still now stye in upper eyelid. Any good medicine for stye?
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.