Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vimal GroverYour feedback matters!
I got pregnancy test positive on 11-9-17 my last period on 9-8-17. On 21-9-17 I got only gestational sac no yolk sac. Light spotting from 15-9-17. On 21-9-17 bleeding and spotting 5 to 6 times. On 22-9-17 big maroon dark spot and period like big bleeding in black colour. What does it mean. Why it happens. Either there is any chance of pregnancy chances. I have irritation in vagina also.
I'm female, 30 years old me n my husband are at same age ,we are eagerly waiting for kids ,last year I got abortion In my 8 month of pregnancy due to iugri in kid doctor told me that it's seen in 7th month due to high bp ok now I'm pregnant after 1 years instead of that incident doctor told me there30,% of chance may be happened like last time I'm very much afraid for that now I'm pregnant of nearly 5th month please suggest me some thing Good that not to be happened in my past because I'm have no patience to listen any kind of bad news regarding this mentally n physically I'm very weak in this please suggest me Good food. Good medicine something please now I'm using folic acid tablet n iron tablet n escorpin 75 mg tablet anything else doctor please suggest me.
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a precarious treatment, which is filled with hope and despair in equal measures. While you cannot wait to have a baby through IVF and you are terribly excited when the IVF cycle starts with some success, you still need to be prepared to face disappointment at any stage in the cycle.
There are certain reasons why an IVF cycle can be cancelled. Some of the reasons include:
- Ovarian cysts: As an important part of pre-treatment in IVF, a screening is done to check for ovarian cysts. If you do have a cyst in your ovary, the date for the commencement of IVF will be pushed back. Medicines will be prescribed to reduce the cysts in such a case.
- Poor stimulation responses: Usually, more than three follicles in the ovaries are needed to produce eggs. Fertility drugs are given to stimulate the growth of the follicles. But sometimes, there is poor response to the drugs and the needed number of follicles might not grow. In this case, either the IVF cycle is cancelled or different medication is used.
- Hyperstimulation: On one hand, there is poor or under active response to fertility drugs and then there is hyperstimulation; which is an overactive response to the drugs. This leads to excessive growth of follicles, which causes ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHS). The cycle is cancelled as OHS might cause serious problems in the womb.
- Decline in estradiol levels: The ovaries produce a type of estrogen called estradiol. When egg follicles grow, estradiol is secreted, which triggers the rest of the cycle. If the levels of estradiol drop, follicular development is hindered. In this case, the IVF cycle will be cancelled.
- Poor egg retrieval: Usually, an ultrasound is done to check the amount of mature eggs before the retrieval. Sometimes, fewer eggs are collected than what were expected. If egg retrieval is poor, the cycle will not move any further.
- Poor fertilization: Poor sperm or egg equality might hamper the process of fertilization, which will thus impact the development of the embryo. If the embryo does not form at all, the cycle will obviously be cancelled.
- Illness: If you or your partner has high fever or fall ill anytime during the process, the IVF cycle may be abandoned.
Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 7 months pregnant and I had been suffering from fever and cough since 3 days but I am ok now little cough was their in my nose when I blew it .away it was red in color I had my checkups yesterday it was normal and baby is also moving .but today in morning my cough was red why this happened with me .it was only one time in morning is it ok it will harm my baby pls tell.
At the time of a surgical procedure, while making an incision a doctor has to take care of a number of factors before making an incision. Considering a number of factors, different types of incisions have come into fore, such as
- Midline Incision: It’s the commonest incision and is done along the linea alba (fibrous structure running through the mid of the abdomen). These are preferred, especially in diagnostic laparotomy as it permits a wide access to the abdomen.
- Pfannenstiel Incision: It is transverse in nature, extending from the umbilicus to the pubic-symphysis. It is generally employed for abdominal hysterectomy of benign nature and cesarean section (c-section).
- Chevron Incision: It is an incision under the rib-cage and is done on the abdomen. It starts from beneath the ribs on the right abdomen and extends till the other mid axillary line. Thus, the entire abdominal width is incised for proper reach into the liver. The incision can be up to 2 feet.
- Kustner Incision: It is transverse in nature and extends from the symphysis pubis till the iliac spine (anterior). This type of incision takes time to perform. A Pfannenstiel incision offers more exposure than a Kustner incision.
- Lanz Incision: It is a variation of the more common mcburney-incision (also known as Gridiron’s incision). It is generally used for open appendectomies. There are quite a few variations for this type of an incision.
- Gridiron’s incision: It is done for appendectomies. It is an oblique short incision which is done in the lower right quadrant in the abdomen.
- Kocher’s Incision: It is oblique in nature, extending from the abdominal upper right quadrant and is generally used for performing an open cholecystectomy. Gallbladder, biliary tract and certain liver operations can be suited for a Kocher’s incision. This however is different from the same named incision used for the thyroid gland surgery.
- Cherney Incision: It is transverse in nature. It allows a great range of exposure for the pelvic sidewall. It is less painful than a midline incision. It allows for the greatest pelvic exposure and hence is a widely preferred and practiced incision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
I found yesterday that I am pregnant, it will me maximum 30 days over, my husband and I decided to terminate the pregnancy as we are unprepared for it, what will be the minimum cost of medicinal abortion and where can I do this?
One of the most common scenarios that most people are faced with is a constant feeling of tiredness and lethargy even after you have had a full night’s sleep. The questions popping in your mind right about now is, why is this happening? Why does the lethargic feeling fail to leave you even after you had a proper 8 hours sleep? Why is your sleep getting into the way of your professional productivity? Though there are a number of different explanations to this constant feeling of cloudiness throughout the day, hence, experts in the field have listed down some of the factors that prove to be the major causes behind this condition.
Some of these most common and powerful reasons are listed below.
- Thyroid: The moment your thyroid levels start soaring, you will automatically find it difficult to keep up with the pace that your day to day life demands. The thyroid gland, which is placed right in front of the throat, is the size of the knot on your tie. This gland produces a hormone. When the activity of the thyroid gland, it starts secreting more and more of the hormones, leading to a condition termed as hyperthyroidism. The same gland when underperforms, it starts holding back the hormone secretion, leading to a condition called hypothyroidism. In both the cases the metabolism of the body slows down, leading to an increased level of tiredness even after proper sleep.
- Anaemia: Another leading cause of that nagging feeling of sleepiness and draining energy is Anaemia. Anaemia causes a certain amount of fatigue in an individual. The main cause influencing this situation is the lack of presence of enough red blood cells. The main function of these red blood cells is to transfer oxygen constantly from the long to the cells and tissues. A break in this process leads to you feeling weak and also short of breath.
- Diabetes: Diabetes poses a serious threat to the all over functioning of your body. It is termed as the slow killer and constantly works towards undermining the level of energy a normal individual can hold. This adversely affects your day to day life, including your performance at work and also performing your daily chores at home. The glucose in your body serves as a fuel for your daily activities. Since patients with type 2 diabetes cannot use this rising glucose in their blood properly, they end up being more tired than they ought to be.
Other conditions that lead to the same draining feeling and constant tiredness even after lot of sleep are depression, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, sleep inertia, periodic limb movement disorder, constant exposure to computer screens, tv screen, monitors, etc. There are a whole bag of other factors that lead to the constant feeling of tiredness that you are feeling. Before the end of the day, you are drained, your productivity drops and you cannot wait to hit the bed, and the same is the condition when you get out of bed. Consulting a general physician will not only help you put a finger on the cause, but also cure it with proper treatment.
The human body never fails to amaze us. Every day you discover something new, something mesmerizing about your body. Many of the interesting facts about the human body will leave you astounded and open-mouthed in awe.
If you think you know your body well, think again! The following body health facts are sure to swipe you off your feet.
- When it comes to blinking the eyes, women unanimously steal the show. Yes, you heard it right! Women are known to blink their eyes just double the number of times than their male counterparts.
- Here is an interesting fact about your bundle of joy. A newborn baby can swallow and breathe in tandem (for up to 7 months of age). Strange but true!
- Does getting rid of those stubborn extra pounds give you sleepless nights? Men are known to burn the extra calories much rapidly (by almost 50 calories per day) than their female counterparts. A fact not many ladies will relish.
- A smile can win hearts! Here is a reason for you to smile even more. It requires 17 facial muscles for that lovely smile of yours while crying requires nearly 43 muscles.
- The facts about a human brain can leave you baffled. With a memory capacity which is greater than a 4 TB (terabyte) hard drive, there are nearly 1,00,000 chemical reactions taking place in your brain per second.
- Can you believe it? Your ear grows throughout your lifetime and that too, at a speed which is almost a quarter of a millimeter per year. Reasons enough to have your ears ringing!
- Hold your heart tight! This fact is sure to make your heart skip a beat. Do you know the number of times a healthy human heart beats in a year? It is nothing less than 35 million times a year. The surprise doesn't end here. On an average, the amount of blood the heart pumps in one's lifetime is nearly 182 million liters of blood.
- You think the earth is overpopulated? Time for some reality check. The bacterial population that thrives on a person's mouth is close to, or even greater than the total human population on the earth.
- The saliva produced during a person's entire lifetime is enough to fill up almost two swimming pools. A salivating fact indeed!
- This fact is as crazy as it can get. A person is believed to be about 1 cm shorter in the evenings than in the mornings. Now you know when to get yourself clicked full length.
- The sperm is known to be the smallest cell in the human body, while the largest cell is the female egg.
- Another interesting fact states that the cornea of the eye is the only body part that gets oxygen from the air directly. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Hello doc. I am 21 years old. I had my period on 13 march. Today i.e. On 17 march I had an unprotected sex with my bf. Today was my 5th day of period. But their is negligible leakage. I had my last period on 8th of February and it ended on 11 feb. We did sex twice today. On the second time my bf left his semen inside me. According to him only 4-5 drops came out. Because usually on second time of sex, very less semen comes out. We had did sex earlier on 3rd march. I am worried if I would get pregnant. Are there any chance of getting pregnant. If there is any chance then what should I do to stop it. Pls help me. Thank you.
I had sex on 26 december then period on 4 jan than again sex 27 january around then period start 3 feb. But my stomach is paining very hard. So Dr. Told me your wife got pregnant. But I use protection still how is this possible that c got pregnant and period was happening. Now she z saying bleeding so much and also Dr. Told your wife weight is increased. I can not understand she is pregnant or not. nd also do pregnancy test in morning. Result came out negative but still bleeding. please suggest me what we do.
Me and my wife is planning for a baby from one month but till now there is not any result when ever I ejaculate in her vagina my sperm come out. So is there any problem how much time it take get pregnant.
Dear Doctor, 4 months before was my marriage. Our sex life also enjoyed. Actually we planned for the baby but 1st and 2nd month there was -ve result for conceiving. After that my husbands leave finished and went to gulf. My last four periods dates are 31st, 4th, 1st and currently july 8th, any problem for this. Hope the date difference is caused for not conceive! Kindly reply.
It's been 3 months my mother diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Now planning for surgery, before it what test should be done and can we also look for immunotherapy for it.
I get blood drops sometimes with urine in between periods. I got treatment for it and get it treated but after that when blood drops stopped coming with urine ;l start getting pimples burst which were very severe on my chin from last 4 years. Ab apne app phir se pimples stopped and blood drops start. So what should I do for those blood drops that appear sometimes with urine.
Married 24 years old. I have some itching problem in labia minor. There is papilla like projection onto it. They are not painful. Non irritating for micturition. What is the problem. Its also not due to fungal infection. My problem has gone 5 years. N non continuous. After 2 month or 4 month or 6 month I experience this problem..
Indulging in the regular intercourse routine starts getting monotonous and might take a toll on your love life in a big way. Thus, it is absolutely necessary to add spice to your regular diet, it is also important to spice up your sex life by adding more variation.
Here are seven ways in which you can work up the spice levels in your sex life:
- Indulge in foreplay: Foreplay is like warming up before the real run. Adding more variations of foreplay to your sex routine will help spice it up. You could opt for oral sex and more fingering and caressing before the actual intercourse which will help in heightening your orgasm as well.
- Diverse sex positions: Instead of sticking to the same old missionary position, try and spice up your sex life by trying out more positions like doggie, 69,G-whiz etc. Exploring new positions add variation to your sex life and help in arousing the different stimulation points in your body for maximum pleasure.
- Don’t restrict yourself to the bed: Go beyond the bed and explore newer areas to have sex in such as the kitchen slab or in the shower. This change in location will add more thrill to your sex life.
- Talk dirty: Moan and talk dirty to your partner occasionally during sex. This will arouse them as well as you and make things more exciting. You could also address your partner as master/sir/mistress/ma’am during sex for an exciting role-play.
- Incorporate food into your sex routine: You could smear chocolate sauce or whipped cream all over your partner’s body and lick it off. This will add a fresh element to your foreplay. Also, invest in aphrodisiac foods such as chocolate, strawberries and bananas during sex.
- Feel sexy: You can only appear to be sexy when you feel sexy and confident internally. Pamper yourself with sexy lingerie and aromatherapy oils which will make you feel like a sex Goddess instantaneously.
- Invest in sex toys: With a huge range of sex toys available in the market, it would only make sense to invest in them in order to spice up your sex life. You could go for vibrators and penis rings for starters and if you and your partner are the experimental kind, the sky is your limit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
Drinking water is advantageous in every way. It assists metabolism & digestion, prevents constipation & accumulation of waste products(aam) in the body & keeps away diseases & even helps in keeping the skin clear of acne & pimples.
The menstrual cycle is a natural part of a woman’s life. Most of the times, it has been seen that women have periods that have a standard or perfect timing. However, some women may have extremely unpredictable or irregular periods. There are numerous reasons that can cause these irregular periods. In such cases, there are some that are more serious than the others.
At the point when a woman stops getting her period, it is called amenorrhea. It is a strong sign that something is not right. Primary amenorrhea is the point at which a teenager never got her period in the first place during adolescence. Secondary amenorrhea on the other hand, is when a woman has had her period in the past, yet stops getting her monthly period for at least three months.
Irregular periods, missed periods, or exceptionally painful and serious PMS (post menstrual syndrome) symptoms are an indication that the levels of one or more hormones are either missing or are too high. Whether it is a basic health condition, constant stress levels, a bad eating routine, an excess of exercise or less body weight, frequently missed periods is not something that should be ignored, especially when you are sure that you are not pregnant.
- In case your irregular periods are consistent, you need to be assessed for PCOS. PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome influences up to 10 percent of the women who are in their conceiving age. Apart from causing infertility, PCOS can expand the danger of diabetes and many heart diseases.
- You need to likewise be screened for thyroid problems and other diseases and conditions that might be connected to irregular periods. For example, an overactive or an underactive thyroid can aggravate ovulation, which may cause a lot of hormone imbalance in your body.
- An irregular cycle can also make it more difficult to get pregnant naturally, particularly in case you are not ovulating each month. Your specialist can run tests to check whether you are ovulating. Women with sporadic periods who are attempting to have a child are at times prescribed fertility medications to improve ovulation.
- Women with irregular menstrual cycles may have a double danger of ovarian cancer as compared to the women who have standard month-to-month period cycles.
- Untimely ovarian failure (otherwise called untimely menopause) is the point at which a woman’s ovaries quit working before she turns 40, making her stop ovulating.
- Irregular periods can result in a thick coating of the uterus, which can be a hazard for creating uterine cancer.
- Irregular periods that are very heavy can result in issues like a low blood count, weakness or anemia.
Hence, if you feel your periods might not be regular and are causing you a lot of problems along with being untimely, you need to consult a gynaecologist immediately.