Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Vikrant BharadwajYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am suffering from lower back ache. According to my mri reports, some problem arised in l4, l5 and s1. I can submitting the respective mri reports Thanks
I have pain and swelling in knees. I can only use western toilets. Not able to sit in floor and immediately stand up from floor. I am 46 years old. I have undergone hysterectomy 7 years back. Kindly advise for a remedy.
How to solve my pimple and how to solve my pimple and i have pain in my back please help me for that
What ayurvedic medicines can be taKen for severe joint pains of neck shoulders elbow finger joints and foot and heel.
Hi doctor i am suffering from lower back pain in which I did mri and came to knw that in between of l4 l5 the disc is bulged out and pressing d nearby nerve due to which the pain is there which is not bearable. I am using lumbar sacro belt with an ointment(nano gel) and a capsule mysopisis th its been now almost 4 days d pain is same. Can you please help me out of it?
Hello doctor, actually my father was suffering from knee pain since 6 years many doctors were suggested to him and some what little bit pain was vanished. So far its running and he unable to go on steps and he unable to stand more hours at some areas can you please give tell me what should he do.
I am a woman of about 51 years, having diabetes treatment regularly. Once a year, when the season changes from winter to summer in the months of March-April, I get pain in the back followed by acute pain in the lower back side, abdomen, corner of thighs and neck. With time, the pain increases and becomes so acute that I couldn't even move out of my bed without any help. For relief, I take painkillers and hot fomentation regularly but the pain eases a little bit and then again increases. I also get constipation with backache, say I go to pass stools after two days often. It usually happened to me during my young age also but that time, pain remains for two- three days only and after taking lot of bed rest and fomentation, I am relieved. But not the condition is becoming worse day by day. After my periods are stopped in the beginning of 2014, the pain is critical. I regularly take shelcal and calcijoint (once a week) along with diabetes tablet. Kindly guide me what precautions to take and which tablets to continue so that the worse situation doesn't come in the next changing season. Thanks in advance!
I am 21 year old man. From last 3 year I have back pain and pain relief spray do not work too well. Please help me.
Muscle contusion is a condition that is characterized by bruising in the muscles. It generally tends to occur in athletes who play a lot of contact sports. Repetitive blows in any part of the body may cause damage to the underlying muscle tissues. These blows may lead to internal bleeding, resulting in blood clot formation. The most common site where it occurs are the quadriceps.
The various causes of this condition are:
- Direct repetitive blows to a part of the muscle in contact sports such as football
- If you fall on a hard surface
- It may also occur if the muscle comes in contact real hard with sports equipment like soccer balls
The symptoms of a muscle contusion are:
- You may experience swelling of the muscle
- Excessive pain
- Decrease in range of motion in the concerned body part
- It may lead to leaking of blood vessels
- You may also experience hematoma where a lump is formed over the affected spot
- Symptoms of broken bones, dislocations and fractures may also occur
Complications: This disorder may also lead to various complications such as compartment syndrome, which leads to compression of blood vessels resulting in pain.
Treatment: The basic treatment for this condition is the RICE protocol which is rest, ice, compression and elevation. You should rest the muscle, then apply ice to the affected area to reduce the pain. You can also take NSAIDs (non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) to reduce the pain. In severe cases, the doctor may drain the lump surgically.
It is advisable to not return to your normal sports routine in order to allow the muscle to recover. If you carry on with your regular routine, it may result in further complications like the formation of scar tissue. You may undergo various stretching exercises to relieve the pain and make a gradual return to your normal sporting activities.
She was delivered 9 months back and her feet and below feet is fully cracked and pain ful for her she does every work of kitchen and she often cleans utensils staying in water so her feet is getting worst day by day please suggest any solution for her problem.
Hi, I am 20 years old my weight is 39kg. I want to gain weight and and I always feel sick. And my legs start paining because of weakness and I always have cough and cold.
I am getting severe pain in both my ankles and it is very severe during night time. Sometimes it is pricking.
Hi sir in my left shoulder supraspinatus myotendinouse junction alternative signal could restrain in rotatory cuff.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS A SIMPLIFIED VERSION FOR PATIENTS UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGE:
Knee replacement surgery- which is also known as knee arthroplasty, helps to relieve the pain in the knee thereby restoring the knee function. During this procedure, a surgeon cuts the damaged cartilage and bone from the kneecap, thighbone, and shinbone and replaces the same with an artificial joint comprising of high-grade plastics, alloys, and polymers. A patient/surgeon has the liberty to choose the type of knee joint he/she prefers based on factors such as weight, age, overall health etc.
Signs that might indicate a knee replacement surgery
- The pain in the knee keeps coming back all the time.
- The knee aches after a brisk walk or during an ongoing exercise session.
- The mobility of a person has gradually decreased over time as compared to last few years.
- A supporting cane or medication isn’t delivering the desired support or pain relief.
- The knee tends to stiffen when a person sits for a long time. Example- witting through a movie or sitting in the car for too long proves to be a major hurdle.
- The pain proves to be a major problem that intervenes with sleep.
- The knee motion significantly decreases once a person tries to bend the knee.
- Climbing stairs turns out to be a major hurdle.
- Getting out of bathtubs becomes a major challenge.
- The knee becomes and stays stiff or at least half an hour after getting up from bed in the morning. If the stiffness lasts for more than 60 minutes, it is a sign of inflammatory disease.
How is a knee replacement surgery performed?
- Knee replacement surgery requires overnight stay in the hospital.
- It involves a general or spinal anesthesia.
- Once the skin over the surgical site is cleansed with an antiseptic, the doctor makes an incision and takes out the damaged surface of the knee joint.
- The knee joint is then resurfaced with a prosthesis made up of plastic and metal.
A cemented prosthesis is most commonly used during these days. The prosthesis contains 3 components
- Tibial component
- Femoral component
- Patellar component
What are the advantages of knee replacement surgery?
- The biggest advantage of this surgery is the freedom from constant and throbbing pain.
- The fact that surgery can increase the mobility also proves to be a blessing for the general condition of the patient.
- Knee replacement also helps a patient to get rid of supporting device such as a cane, wheelchair, pain medications etc.
- The feeling of stiffness also goes away after the surgery.