Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram YadavYour feedback matters!
Sir my dog has got canine parvo virus and it has been cured now total 1 month has been over after treatment today I have taken it for first time vaccination they have given rakshab and something like meg---- is there any need to go for deworming of puppy which was just 5- 6 months old.
My dog is not eating or drinking anything. Its dosent even have the strength to move properly. What may have happened and what can be done?
My female Lab is 13 years old and has not been mated. Every year in the month of February she lactates and milk flows out of her rear tw breasts which she keeps sucking and self feeds. What is the remedy for this as due to her sucking the breasts have enlarged.Please advise.
Hey please any doctor help me my dog has eaten a frog and he is vomiting. please suggests me any fast treatment.
My dog is not eating and her activeness has also decreased to a considerable level.What should I do?
I have one german shepherd dog. 4 years old. my dog health good. but last 4 month every 15 days get conversion. i give tablet gardenal 60 mg but not effect please give good salutation.
My dog is having some kind of invection on his ear.Like its kind of spoiled or anything.What shall i do?
My pup is 1 year old. let me know the vaccination schedule for him. He is a pug . Also let me know deworming schedule too.
Hello dr my dog barks at everyone and mostly bites evryone.How can we control its anger.It is 2 years of age and a female Pomeranian breed.
Talking to your dog like he/she is a person.
Treating your dog like he/she is a person.
Allowing dogs to do what they want because it will hurt their "feelings"
Dressing them up in little doggie clothes.
Remember, humanizing your dog is fulfilling your own human needs, not your dogs. Humanizing dogs does more harm than good.
My 6 month old lab pup has been limping randomly from past a month. At the beginning it was his rear left limb but since yesterday I'm seeing him hesitating in place his front right leg down. He is on RC feeding. Has gained good height and weighs roughly 31 kgs. I have got done his x-ray & blood test and my vet has ruled out HD (left hip slightly affected) but his phosphorus level is slightly high. I have been giving him neuroqik n pet joint as supplements but have been quite effective. Is there anything I can do to help my pup walk normal. Also how can I share x-ray n blood report?
I have Saint Bernard, he is not eating since last 6 months properly & goes slim & slim I have tried every thing Please help me Please I beg u
- leptospirosis is around and can cause lethal liver and kidney disease in dogs.
- water logging in metro cities can be a source of such fatal infections. Transmitted via urine of rats/dead rats --> Dogs can readily become infected despite vaccinations.
- common in farms too, wherever there is rat population.
- leptospirosis is a contagious to humans as well, and infected dogs, their urine becomes an important carrier for humans.
- initial signs include vomiting, jaundice, reduced urination, kidney failure.
- if not identified and treated early, it can become fatal.
- early diagnosis and specific treatment can save your pet.
- proper precautions and hygiene can save your family from exposure.
- do not let your pets walk through, or drink from water puddles.
Please speak to us for more information on this.
Have a safe monsoon!
I have a parrot, its feathers are of red color. Bt it is unable to speak. What should I give this parrot to eat so that it start speaking.
I have a female labra of 1 year from her startng she is eatng cow dunk .I wnt to knw the reason nd how to cure it
My dog is 5 years old she is not eating from last 3 days whatever she eats she vomit back. What to do? Went to a Dr. he said that she's is suffering from gastrointestinal infection today he provided drip and don't know which medicine but my pet is not eating anything and she is very lethargic right now. I'm worried. Yesterday she had a fever of 104°C but today no fever was there.
My 3 year old female lab has caught some kind of infection, she is having hairfall and her skin is visible i consulted a vet but it keeps happening again , she keeps scratching herself all day, vet consulted to use pet derm's shampoo and spray, should i continue using it, how will her hair grow back?
Like human beings, dogs along with other mammals too suffer from arthritis, particularly when they are aging. Younger dogs can also suffer from arthritic changes which can be painful and uncomfortable for the dog. This pain is caused by different signs and symptoms of arthritis and being aware of those signs can help you access early treatment and recovery.
- Limping on the legs: This is the first sign of arthritis when you see your dog limp on one or more of his legs. Under certain circumstances, the limp is seen to be in its severe state when the dog first rises and then it gradually becomes unnoticeable when the dog warms up.
- Difficulty in moving: The dog may be reluctant in moving or taking part in its favorite activities. It could be something like playing in the backyard or getting inside the car or going up and down the stairs. If this is the case with your dog, then you should not ignore it and look for medical assistance.
- Discomfort in the spinal region: Arthritic alterations may not only occur in the legs of the dog, but also in the several parts of its body. These alterations may result in abnormal posture, sore and swelling of the neck or lameness in the hind legs.
- Tiredness and fatigue: You may have known your dog to be very active, but these days, you see it become tired too easily. For your dogs, this could mean that the walks have shortened and even painful. When plagued by these conditions, your dog would want to spend most of its time resting and sleeping.
- Easily irritated: Arthritic animals, be it a cat or a dog is definite to be irritated very easily. Some of them may even bite or scratch when handled or approached. The condition is even worsened when the pet is handled in a way that triggers its arthritic pain.
- Dying off of the tissues in the muscle: When a dog suffers from arthritis, it may also cause muscle atrophy or dying off of the muscle owing to decreased movement of the muscle and inactivity. When the dog has muscle atrophy, the legs would become thinner than normal legs.
- Licking the affected area: Dogs who are suffering from arthritic pain may develop a habit of biting, chewing and licking the affected area. Even though it is normal to indulge in such activities, it may reach an extent where the area becomes inflamed or there is a loss of hair in those areas in the body.
It is not that your dog would all of these signs if it has arthritis and therefore, you must consult with a reputed veterinarian if you see any of these signs without further delay.
Finally osteoarthritis is a multifactorial disease. Genetic predisposition, inherited skeletal disorders like hip dysplasia, pollution factors inducing free radical damage may make your dog prone to oasteoarthiris. Obesity is a common factor which aggravates the sufferings. Dietary management, physical managements like controlled exercise & swimming, physiotherapy and feed supplements that protect joints & bone structures along with available commercial diets for nourishing those delicate structures may be a good gateway tovprovide your beloved pet a quality life. Consult your Vet.