Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikram Sharma
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from erectile dysfunction premature ejaculation & loss of libido. I was treated by psychiatrist one year. For some time I feels good but in present I have low confidence. All sexual test like penile Doppler testosterone are normal. Last year I was also suffering with chronic HBV, panic symptoms, anxiety disorder. I feel some fatigue in body.
HIV-Human Immune Deficiency Virus is a virus known all around the world and has contributed to a large number of deaths over the years. As its name suggests, HIV is a virus that attacks an individual’s immune system by destroying the white blood cells and reproducing itself inside the same cells. This slowly weakens the immune system of the affected person and eventually, without treatment the body finds it difficult to fight any disease. A person with HIV, and taking no treatment, is estimated to survive for ten to fifteen years. However, this also depends on the health, background, and age of the patient.
The treatment for HIV has been a huge challenge for the medical fraternity, ever since the virus was identified some years ago. The difficulty with this particular virus is that it spreads itself or multiplies, and this poses a different kind of challenge for physicians. In the process of multiplying, this virus can alter its form, which is medically known as mutation and the newly formed or mutated virus can be resistant to the drug being administered. The doctor will then have to recommend a second line of treatment and prescribe another set of drugs. In some HIV patients, a third line may also have to be resorted to after observing the progress with the second line of drugs.
Drug Resistance Tests Used
When a person is under HIV treatment, it may emerge that the drugs are not yielding the results expected from that line of treatment. It is then that the doctor will advise a drug resistance treatment to determine the resistance level of the virus, and therefore, a new set of drugs will then be prescribed. With experience, doctors have now started advising drug resistance tests on new HIV patients also. This is to check which drugs the virus is resistant to. This is similar to the culture analysis conducted in the conventional system.
Second and Third Line of Drug Resistance
A lot of research has already been done to find the cause of failure for the first line of treatment of HIV and how the second line can then be started. But there are cases, where about 3% of patients develop resistance to the second line of drugs being administered as well. It may not be practically feasible for the medical team to detect the level of drug resistance at the time of starting one level. This is because the multiplication and mutation of the virus might start to occur after some time. Doctors will therefore have to wait for a while before the drug resistance test can be done. This holds equally good for the subsequent levels as well.
Choosing an Optimal Path Essential
After studying the impact of the virus mutation and the difficulties posed in the treatment of HIV, doctors have now turned to planning the treatment in an optimized manner. The patient is put through tests to identify the virus and then the appropriate combination of drugs is prescribed. Subsequently, a close surveillance is maintained to monitor the outcomes and progress of the treatment. If any new mutations occur, then the treatment course is modified to ensure that the effect of the mutations doesn’t cause any further damage to the patient. Ensuring the patient follows the treatment regimen stringently is a challenge and patients have to cooperate with the medical team to see that they don’t miss a dose of medication even once.
The progress from line one to third line regimen shows development in treatment options. While reports show that more patients die when the second regimen is being undertaken, a lot of value and research are being put towards the third dline. Increasing access to first line of treatment in some countries are constrained and it would be difficult for patients to get third line treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have maser problem so please help My penis is not proper tight and sex timing very poor so help me I regular hath mithun approx 10 year But before 3 year stop hath mithun.
I have a fever since last three days and I have little bite headache. I didn't like to eat anything in foods. please suggest.
My age is 26 and I want to enjoy longer erection, which viagra tablet I should use at this age and how to use.
Masturbation is a phenomenon that is encountered by people of all age. While it gives momentary pleasure, the long-term effect of the act is not healthy. Often teens try this before getting into a relationship. This is done to enjoy the thrill of sex. Needless to mention, a person quickly gets addicted to masturbation, if it is done daily. This article will reflect on 10 ways to overcome this unhealthy practice and lead a healthier life.
- Use time efficiently: It is critical to engage in a hobby, which an individual loves doing. Certain things such as painting, outdoor sports, playing an instrument, writing etc. not only keeps one engaged, but also help you focus your brain. The thought of masturbation can surely be curtailed by doing this.
- Connect with people: People often masturbate when they are lonely and seek company. It is, therefore, necessary to connect with people to get away with masturbation. It makes sense to join a dating site and engage with a prospective partner rather than masturbating.
- Stay away from pornography: Pornography is the number one reason for masturbating. Some solutions to get away from porn sites are moving the computer to a public place to reduce the temptation of watching porn, cancelling subscription of porn sites, porn magazines etc.
- Urinate: Often the temptation to masturbate goes away as soon as one urinates. Urination helps to deflate the penis and the lower the body heat. This not only reminds a person to use the organ effectively, but also keeps the thought of masturbation away.
- Yoga: Yoga is an ancient relaxing mechanism, which has multiple benefits for the body. It relaxes the muscles, normalizes breathing and brings the body in shape. Yoga is a great way to keep the mind engaged and stay away from masturbation.
- Use a rubber band: Rubber band is a punishing mechanism. As soon as the thought of masturbation strikes the mind, it can be used to hit a part of the body. Mild hurt will help the mind to focus and take away the random thought that might be leading to masturbation.
- Take a shower: Often taking a shower helps the body to relax and bring down body heat. A cold shower also energizes the body and brings the scrotum temperature down. This, in turn, greatly helps a person to refrain from masturbation.
- Say no to sex toys: It has been seen that girls get addicted to sex toys quickly. It, therefore, makes sense to get rid of all sex toys. The sheer thought of sex toys can urge a person to masturbate.
- Make a plan: There should always be a plan to counter the most vulnerable moments. When the body and the mind are on the verge of giving it away to masturbation, one should have a final thought or action to bypass masturbation.
- Listen to music: Often listening to music can drive away the thought of masturbation. The choice of music can be slow to fast, depending on the preference of music one has. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.