Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikram Katoch
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram KatochYour feedback matters!
Dear dr, my son 10 years old was diagnosed with adhd at 3. He is under counseling of a homeopathic psychiatrist since then. Along with counseling he has also done art and play therapy with him. I was separated from my husband. Wen he was 5. There was a lot of aggression frustration loneliness in him. Which is overcome to some extent. But his impulsivity, exploring wrong things and adult words, heard bad words, fearlessness, hyperactivity is a matter of concern. Lot of issues with school children. Also complaints. Kindly help.
In most instances it has been found that the habits we inculcate during childhood are carried to adulthood, so, it becomes all the more important in parenting to nurture good eating habits and expose toddlers to healthy foods. Being a parent we can inculcate healthy eating habits in our children. For this you can try these:
- Check the refrigrator: Try your best to keep only healthy snacks/foods so that even if the child opens the fridge his choice is healthy .Avoid keeping excess cold drinks, chocolates etc.
- Be a role model: Always set a good eating example for your child to copy ,share the meal time and eat the same healthy food. Try to avoid foods in front of children that you don’t intend to give them.
- Make boring food interesting: Try to make daily routine food interesting for the toddlers ,for example one can make a cute smiley on the vegetable sandwich you intend to serve to your child.
- Awareness: Parents must be aware about the food available in market. You must be in habit to read labels before buying. Take your child to grocery shopping and inculcate habit of reading labels in them also, make them aware of importance of these labels.
- Involvement of child: Involve your child in preparing meals as they may be more willing to eat or try foods that they help to prepare.
- Food as reward or punishment: Try not to use food as reward or punishment for your child. Like sending your child to bed without dinner as a punishment may make them to eat whenever they get a chance, similarly sweets or dessert should not be used as reward for finishing vegetables as child may assume that these foods are more valuable and this will unknowingly sent wrong message .
- Eat meals together often: Make meal times pleasant with conversation and sharing, not a time for scolding or arguing.
- Encourage: Encourage your child to eat slowly this will give brain time to register fullness.
- Free your child: Sometimes or on occasions,festivities as you are restricting them on a daily basis, you only worry about daily routine and not holidays.