Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram BlagnaYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years male. Suffering from dental pain at left upper m1 and m2. The dentist took the xray and explained as m2 is completely infected and m1 is infected but in the outermost layer of enamel.
There is a mouth ulcer that's not getting cured. Have used a medicated gel and also took medicines but still no relief.
I have tooth problem. Which is like when ve ice cream or cold water or cool drink my tooth ache I tried changing paste also but still I have the same problem if you can provide me some solution tgat ll be very helpful..
My mother has cavities in the teeth she left it like that resulting formed large holes in many teeth and if I look hole on the teeth black color is present what should we do immediately.
Hi, I had severe teeth pain and have undergone root canal treatment. After cleaning the teeth I got rid of the pain and I didn't go for next visit to complete the treatment. Now its root is open and again the pain started. What should I do now, if I start treatment will it get cured or its more serious?
Sir my teeth have pain during 10 to 15 days and it is also problem in eating foods so I m request I to please answer my question in next 24 hours.
I am 21 year old male having a problem of bad breath in my mouth. I brush my teeth two time in a day. I have used many brand but no solution. I don't smoke but occasionally drink please reply what should I do.
Dental cavities, often the result of tooth decay is a natural factor that occurs in all humans. However, depending upon the amount of care that you give to your teeth, dental cavities usually occur at different time periods for different people. For children who eat a lot of sweets, dental cavities are likely to arise at an early age if they do not protect their teeth by brushing them in the morning and at night. Similarly, dental cavities can also arise in young people, and is one of the prime reasons for loss of teeth. In order to understand how to take care of dental activities, it is important to first understand what causes them.
Bacteria usually lives within a person's mouth. The bacteria are responsible for converting the food in to acids. The food pieces, mixed with the acids, the bacteria and the saliva all combine, resulting in the formation of a sticky substance known as plaque. As a person chews his food, the plaque tends to get stuck to the teeth. Over the passage of time, as the plaque is not removed from the teeth, it turns in to a substance which is known as tartar. The tartar begins to irritate the gums, which results in diseases such as gingivitis or periodontitis.
Tooth decay begins to take place if the plaque is not removed from the teeth. For an average person, plaque begins to set in 20 minutes after eating, ultimately damaging the enamel on your teeth, and creating holes in your teeth, which in dental terminology, are regarded as dental cavities. Caring for dental cavities is not an overnight procedure; a person needs to be consistent in cleaning their teeth. However, once dental cavities, or the holes, have been formed in a person's teeth, they can only be rectified by a professional dentist.
Filling is one of the most common treatments chosen by individuals who have dental cavities. Dentists usually fill the teeth by first removing the decayed material with the help of a drill, and then use another material, often being porcelain or composite resin, in order to fill it up. In some instances, gold, silver and platinum are also used. For frontal teeth, porcelain and composite resin are usually preferred, as they both match the appearance of natural teeth in a person.
The second method is 'crowning. If the tooth structure is significantly limited and the dental cavities are extensive, this might be the preferred option. The first step is the removal of the decayed or damaged area. Once the damaged part has been removed, a crown is placed over the top of the tooth, hence covering the area. Often times, the crown is made out of metal or composite resin or porcelain, and is affixed with a metallic structure.
I am a oral cancer patient. My surgery was done in July2013, at Vadodara. I had undergoan for Radiation treatment for 31 sessions in August, Sept'13. It was 2nd stage cancer. Recently i had under goan for CT scan. According to CT scan report my treating Dr. Said It is not abnormal. I am afraid with Dr. Statement.If it is not abnormal means it is also not normal. I am afraid to consult even other Dr. Pl help me & guide, How my CT report can be sent to your panel Dr. For further advise. Or suggest alternative if any. .
There is always the constant attempt to look better and more appealing. To this effect, smile designing is one particular specialty of cosmetic dentistry with the sole aim of improving a person's smile.
Photographs of various angles, jaw tracing analysis, and simulation of images on the computer are all used to arrive at an optimal size, shape, contour of the jaw and the teeth that can produce the best smile for a given patient. These changes are then replicated on paper and tooth models if required and detailed discussion happen with the patient. Thorough patient counseling is done before initiating work at smile designing.
Some parameters that are manipulated to produce a good smile designing are as follows - first the tooth per se followed by the soft tissues:
- Tooth color: In most cases, the tooth color is changed using tooth whitening material or laser. Trust the dentist to achieve a balance between whiteness of the tooth and natural look. In some cases, silver amalgam fillings may be replaced with composite restorations to improve the appearance. Bridges with metal backup may be replaced with complete ceramic crowns too.
- Tooth alignment: Crooked or misshaped teeth can be corrected using veneers in minor cases and by orthodontic braces in severe cases. Again, if the patient is very conscious, aesthetic ceramic braces (read more about braces) can be used.
- Tooth length: If too much or too less of a tooth is showing during a smile, that needs to be corrected too. Longer teeth are considered to produce a younger appearance than short teeth, which usually is associated with old age and wear and tear. The gums can be reshaped as a part of crown lengthening.
- Missing teeth: Teeth that are missing produce a very bad smile and need to be replaced at the earliest for a better smile. Depending on various factors including age and bone health, the choice could be a crown or a bridge or an implant.
- Tooth ratio: When a person smiles, the front tooth are the most obvious and should have a ratio of length to width as 4 to 5. This produces a balanced smile.
- Tooth texture: Mottling or rough edges on the tooth surface can be corrected by veneers or small composite restorations. As regards the soft tissues.
- Gum line: The smile is reproduced on tracing and corrections are made to produce a better smile, even if it requires gum corrections.
- Fuller lips and cheeks: Surgical procedures or chemicals may be used to produce fuller lips and cheeks that improve a person's smile.
The next time you are not happy with your smile, visit a dentist. With so many parameters that affect your smile, a little correction could produce a better smile! If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.