Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pain Management Specialists in India. You will find Pain Management Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pain Management Specialists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Chronic Pain Management
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Spinal Diseases
Submit a review for Dr. Vikky JaiswalYour feedback matters!
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.
Hello Doctor, It is regarding my wife's spinal back pain from 2008 till today, have done MRI in 2010 & find out that its slip disc, she is taking medicines since 2008 Homeo+Ayur+Pain killers, but did not get relief, kindly suggest further, she had irregular menses after delivery till today.
I am male 42 years old. Slight pain at the back just above the hips. This pain persists all the time creating slight uncomfortable status. Also feel slight uncomfortable sensations in the knees. All blood parameters are satisfactory and within range. Please advice.
What are the remedies to get rid of sciatica pain arising from hip muscles and then radiating to knee join as well as ankle?
Is it right to tie cloth tightly on stomach after delivery to keep tummy trim it is just a myth, or is there any other solution to keep stomach flat after delivery.
Why my headache is becoming more an more painful day by day suggests me some medicine before it get more painful.
Hi Start stomach pain after that went to washroom. This is continue 8-10 times in a day. Problem is started from yesterday. What can I do?
My back hands legs always when I sleep when I work I feel ok. I had one daughter born by operation. Get tiredfast seen on my face.
Hay doc (s), My mother's foot sole got hard at some places and it hurts. It is painful. How can it be cured, Is there any natural way or home remedy to heal it, or something else. Please help.
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) is a highly effective and innovative treatment option in a variety of fields, from urology to cosmetology as well as orthopedics. This is a non-invasive method that employs high-energy shockwaves to bring about the healing of the affected tissues. It has been found to provide good results for recalcitrant orthopaedic problems like frozen shoulder to certain chronic degenerative or tendon conditions such as Achilles tendinitis (injury of the Achilles' tendon due to overuse) and plantar fasciitis in the heel pain.
How does it work?
The procedure is basically an outpatient or day care job. It involves an application of a non-invasive probe to the affected tissue. This is followed by the external generation of shockwaves focused on the target area. The shockwaves cause a force to be created that brings about healing. Although it's still not clear as to why this kind of therapy works, the dominant understanding is that shockwaves render an improvement in the flow of blood so as to promote the body to fix and heal itself.
Depending on individual cases, high or low energy waves may be employed. While pain may occur during the transmission of high energy waves and would require short general anaesthesia, low-energy ESWT is carried out without anesthesia.
What problems can this form of therapy effectively tackle?
ESWT can be used to treat a number of musculoskeletal disorders. From plantar fasciitis (heel pain), tennis elbow, shoulder rotator cuff, degenerated tendons (Achilles' tendon) to hip and knee pain, the therapy has been found to reduce pain as well as accelerate healing in individuals.
Complications are very rare, with this therapy. Individuals who suffer from hypersensitivity or poor sensation in the affected area are usually not recommended this procedure. Even individuals with heart conditions, seizures and open sores need to consult a doctor before going forward with the therapy.
The therapy has also been found to be very effective in bone healing as well as treatment of bone necrosis (a disease that occurs due to permanent or temporary loss of blood flow to the bones). Additionally in place of surgery, ESWT may also be a valuable option for non-healing fractures. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.