Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikas Verma
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas VermaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor Am a mother of 3 month old baby n now have started top feed for baby. Can you please guide me on diet for me how to loose post pregnancy weight n maintain d same.
I have a daughter who is a month Old and She is too hairy specially hair on her upper lip on ears as well as forehead. i'm too worried about it. What can be Done to solve this problem. N cos of this she looks a little dark as well.
Hello friends, my name is Dr Aishna Sharma, today I am going to discuss about the topic that is very common and in general everyone suffers from it and that is, tooth sensitivity.
Tooth sensitivity is basically any kind of pain due to extremes (hot and cold) food or drinks or even with a blow of air. Now first of all going deep into this topic you musyt understand the tooth structure, that is a tooth it consists of three layers;
- The outermost layer enamel, that is considered to be the hardest substance on the eart, other than the diamond.
- Now, after enamel comes dentin. Dentin is considered to be the softer substance.
- It has tubules in it. Tubules that starts from the outer layer of the dentin and ends up to the pulp.
This dentin and inside dentin is the pulp. The pulp or the nerve tissue, this nerve tissue consist if sensations, and with whatever we eat whatever we have all the sensation is passed through the nerves and it reaches through the dentin and then it reaches to the enamel. Now whenever we have sensitivity it means that the tooth structure is lost because of many reasons. Now first and foremost reason is the loss of gum tissue. The loss of gum tissue can occur when we take some very acidic things like pepsi, coke or any aerated drink. So in that case our gum tissues are soft in nature, that gets lost. So when it gets lost the lower part of the tooth that is the root of the tooth, it gets exposed and it is sensitive in nature so obviously you will have sensitivity in that area. The sensitivity is not in the tooth structure it is in the root area. Now, other reason of sensitivity is decay. Decay is the most common.
When you will have decay?
First and foremost you will get to know about decay when your food will get lost when the food will get lost only in the outer surface of the tooth, that is the enamel, you won’t have any sensitivity you will just have the complain of getting the food lost, but when it reaches the dentin, you will definitely have sensitivity. The first sensitivity you are going to have is cold, after that hot and after that when it is very near to the nerves, you will have sensitivity to sweets. Now, this is how this process of decay stats from sensitivity and ends up in pain because when you reach the nerve, you will experience pain. Other reason of sensitivity is fracture, when the tooth gets fractured, so obviously in fractured case also the dentin is getting exposed and even at times the pulp or the nerve tissue gets exposed. So all the sensation, whatever you eat or drink gets passed on to the tooth directly to the inside of the tooth directly and you will have sensation of hot and cold, even to sweets.
Now, what is the treatment line for tooth sensitivity?
The first and foremost line and the most common treatment line people do at home is the desensitizing paste, nowadays there are so many advertisements coming on national television. So, desensitizing paste is something that you have to use regularly and slowly you will attain the result. But, ya if you don’t get results with the desensitizing paste, you have to come to the clinic. To the doctor’s place and you have to get the treated by the fluorited toothpaste that the doctor will recommend. Even after that if you are not getting relieved, then you haveto go for the filling that filling is medicated filling. Even at times if it is your bad luck that you don’t even get relief with the filling then you have to go for the root canal only after that the sensitive tooth will be relieved.
For further detail on this topic, you can call me and chat with me. There is live chat option also on librate.com and you can visit our clinic that is Rohini Dental Care and it is in sector 31 Gurgaon. Rest, you can get from the Lybrate.
My baby girl is 3 month old and she is green potty, I was test with SRL and having some infection it was at lest 1 month counseling with doctor is going on. Please suggest what should I do and will impact my baby.
M having body pain specially on hands n legs n cervical bone pains. I used to take pain killer n it goes.. But I wanna know wt could be the diagnosis. As I was born on seven month. N my mom says it's bcz of it my bones are not strong. N since one month M having white colour discharge from vagina.. Is it bcz of my bones. Kindly suggest me something. Wt should I do.
Sir, meri beti 11 saal ki hai uska weight 26 kg hai morning breakfast nahi kar pati hai early morning school ke karan lekin 24 hours me she takes only two chapati or one small ball of rice or dalia only please give me a proper diet. Chart for her.
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations
6. You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.