Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas SinghalYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, I smoke 10- 15 cigarettes daily. Now I am feeling throat soreness or discomfort while swallowing meal or liquid. Pain is left inside of throat. Kindly help me on this. please suggest any tablets etc for relief.
I used to forget things so quickly even the small things which I do just hours before.. So now i'm becoming absent minded day by day.. Is there any clue for this how can my mind works normally or how to get rid out of theses disease?
I have depression problem, I am taking medicine daxid50 last 40 days, in between I have skipped medicine 4 days, now I am suffering from neck stiffness and backside knees joint stiffness and little pain, is this medicine side effect or something else please plz guide.
My Son Age 1.2 years suffering from Mild Stage of down Syndrome and have effect of growing late is dere any treatment homeopathic or alopathic which make his life very near to normal growth.
Month of Ramzan starting today and every muslims will be in fasting for 14 hours a day. What type of foods should be consumed at the breaking of fasting and what items should be also selected for drinking. What diet should I follow for these 30 days for good health and as we know fasting is even good for health.
I remain unhappy everyday. My mind remains busy in thinking everyday. I want to be happy please help. I feel shyness. I am ambitious. I feel I am introvert. What is matter with me? More negative thinking in everything. Please help?
Is the 'Qutan 25 Mg tablet used for the treatment of schizophrenia or is it used for some other purpose as well?
Sir/Mam, I am a student and pursuing B.tech.I want to quit smoking as I wanted to make a career in bodybuilding, but the reason why I continuously fail to quit this habit after making commitment is mainly due to the following reasons:- 1.**Smoker friends say that smoking 1-2 cigrate in a weekly basis or smoking socially has negligible effect on health.** 2.**When I concentrate on bodybuilding and think smoking could effect my stamina and strength. But on the contrary I see famous personalities like ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, SYLVESTER STALLONE ,etc are smoking and still have such good physique .by all these thinking my mind gets confused and I think. It's fine to smoke as many people who smoke are yet successful in various fields.** ##SO SERIOUSLY HELP ME OUT WHAT TO DO I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHETHER IT IS GOOD TO RELY ON SUCH FACTS AND DO SMOKE#. HOPING AND EAGERLY WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY.
Worrying is a natural tendency among children. While some of it helps children excel, too much worrying can lead to anxiety related disorders. From friendship woes to homework to fear of failure, there could be a lot of factors that can lead to anxiousness in a kid. This problem is mostly witnessed in school going, children. Some of the common symptoms that are portrayed include the need to be perfectionists, seeking of constant reassurance, getting sick worrying too much, scared of participating in a group event etc.
How to prepare your child to overcome anxiety?
- Help them prepare: One major cause of anxiousness in a child is ill preparation. Be it tests or essays, if a child has not prepared well, he tends to get nervous and suffer from anxiousness. The solution is to teach them various study techniques such as flashcards and quizzes. If this is done regularly and reviewed meticulously, your child will get over the fear of failing and perform better.
- Teach them to focus: Losing focus is a major tendency among kids who tend to suffer from anxiety related disorders. Keeping the concentration going is a major skill that needs to be taught by parents. Kids often sit blankly during tests thinking others are far smarter than they are. Some good method to teach focus is to teach them reverse counting, slow breathing technique, frequent consumption of water etc.
- Pass on the anxiety: Anxiousness has to be passed in form of something. Certain activities, therefore play great strokes in addressing anxiousness. Teach your kids to distress in the form of TV or teach them to write when they are anxious. This not only takes off anxiety from the equation, it helps a kid to relax without the fear of failure.
- Reassurance: Kids suffering from anxiousness often need repeated reassurance about the task in hand. The task here for a parent is to make their kid understand that failure will not impact their relationship with their parents. Often the failure of letting someone down makes a kid anxious. Constant reassurance will curtail the tendency. This being said, parents should ensure that this doesn’t become a habit for the kid. The idea is to make them comfortable and make them less dependent on you.
- Relaxation techniques: A study published by the Journal of School Counselling argued that kids who practised relaxation techniques are far less likely to suffer from anxiety and stress related disorders as compared to their peers. Some of the relaxation techniques that can be easily learned and practised include breathing exercises, meditation, yoga and so on. This exercise helps children to focus and concentrate more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
My mother is in a problem. She suffers Whole body pain, specially hand, leg,fingers knee etc. please help me.
Please help. I can't concentrate on my study. I'm always losing focus while studying. My confidence level is very low. I got tensed and disturbed. I want increase my memory power. I want to stay calm and sharpminded.
I am 30 years old. I am observing depression and anxiety symptoms. Kindly help with medicine which is easily available.
I am a boy. My age is 20 years and my problem is that whenever I go outside, after sometime or on when I returned to home my head start paining and it is a problem of almost everyday. So please suggest me what to do and how to overcome this problem in such a studying age.
My uncle is of 40 years old. He is an advocate. He don't trust any one. He always thought that every one is looking at him, talking about him. If we want to take him to hospital ,he refused to go. 12 years back he had a heart surgery. His mood changes minute to minute. He always think that every one is going to kill him.
Hi Dr. Am 30years old male married last yr. My prblm is wth my Penis size. Its abt only 6 inches wen its hardened. My wife is nt satisfied with tht size. So pls can you let me know what can I do 2 increase my Penis Size so tht I can save my Marriage. Even I dnt hd any bad habits like Drinking nor Smoking. Without any operation n Vaccums help hw I can improve. Am working in Saudi Arabia. So pls let me soon.
We all have those days when we seem to have hit an all time low. We feel bad, sad, mad, and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. However, this is a temporary, passing phase for most of us. But for people with depression, this is not the case.
Chronic depression, which is more common in women than men, can arise due to different reasons. Major life changes, marital issues, relationship issues, financial problems, chronic medical problems, death of loved ones, life stressors, weather changes, etc. can lead to depression.
This leads to prolonged periods of sadness, feeling of emptiness, loss of interest in activities which were normally pleasurable, irritability, sleeplessness, loss of appetite, weight gain, worthless and hopeless feeling, and feeling of doom. This can result in dejection, social withdrawal, poor performance at work/school, and an overall declining quality of life.
In most cases, there is usually a past, unpleasant experience which leads to depression. This could be different for different people, depending on their tolerance. While some may go into depression over minor relationship issues, for others, it could be as severe as sexual abuse in the past.
Ayurveda recognizes “sadhaka agni” as a fire that helps a person to digest trauma. People with a strong sadhaka agni have a higher tolerance and take more time to get depressed compared to people who have a weak fire in them.
The following are some simple changes that can be very useful in overcoming depression.
- Meditate for about 20 minutes every day.
- Realize and practice detachment. Most people with depression have a loss of something they were closely attached to. Realizing that nothing in life is permanent and letting it go will play a major role in feeling better.
- Get a sound, restful sleep. Stick to a routine by going to bed and getting up at the same time every day.
- Walk out in the sun and get a good dose of sunlight. Add exercise to sun exposure to feel elated and upbeat about life in general.
- Exercises such as yoga, walking, and cycling also are useful in improving overall balance and health. A healthy and fitter body definitely leaves one in a better mood.
- Eat healthy food. Avoid packaged, canned, and processed food. Include a lot of nuts and seeds in your diet, be it roasted or soaked.
- Try mood uplifting food items like black pepper, dry ginger, turmeric, amla, cloves, and cardamom.
- Herbs like ashwagandha, shatavari, brahmi are highly useful in curing depression. They also treat fluid balance, govern energy and creativity in the body, improve metabolism, and clear toxins.
Ayurveda believes in not just making one feel better, but improving his/her overall well-being by getting to the root of the issue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.