Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas MenonYour feedback matters!
I have to work 8-10 Hours on laptop, but I am bothering whether my eye sight will not go weak, Please advice to keep my eyes better forever? Any good Health TIps?
I am asking this question for my mother, before cataract surgery for my mother some tests have been done, in that she got all results normal except HBSAG positive, what should I do now,
I am from Chennai today I gone out in sun when I came home home my right eye got burning and water is coming it's burning in a gap time.
My eye side is too down. I am wearing glasses but after evening it too hard to see. I am very fearful for this. What can I do?
Mai ye janna chahta hu ki chasme ka no. Thoda jyada ho to kya faraq pdta h? Jese mera no. -0.25 D h jbki chsme ka -0.50 D h to kya use kr skte?
Headache occurs overall globally. I have spectacles. I wear that only due to headache not vision problem. Eventhough I wear spectacles, headache problem occurs.
I have done lashik surgery on my left eye about 1month ago. But I did not see clearly. How much time to be taken for clearly vision?
Laser operation is best for our eyes or not please advise me how it useful for our eyes or not I need advice from specialist doctors.
My left is suffering from glaucoma (expected as per eye specialist0, what should be the remedy for this ?
Treatment of colour blindness is possible in INDIA? My one friend is suffering from this diseases and he is very disappointed. Please suggest me proper guidance.
I want to have laser surgery done, but heard it's has risk of losing eye sight, hence I am now in doubt to go ahead with laser surgery, also please let me know how much cost is involved to get surgery done from good eye specialist.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.