Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas KohliYour feedback matters!
I'm pregnant 22 weeks now. My bp is 130/80. I reduced salt and oil. But it is in the same. What I have to do for normal bp level. Without using medicine how to decrease?
Sir. I am 32 year old. My heart beat was very fast due to some weakness and lack of exercise. It almost continue for six month. But after exercise its became normal but it create big effect to the heart surrounding muscle. I think it create gap between hrt muscle. I can see looseness of muscle from outside the body. However I have no problem but I become tired. Kindly prescribed medicine.
I am 50 years of age male. I feel sleepy always at any point of time. It is a problem with me since my child hood. While driving or travelling or talking or studying I feel sleepy and feel embarrassed among others. I am a normal human being, non-diabetic, no blood pressure, cholesterol level is almost normal excepting LDL i.e.129 (as per last report 15 days back ). I am very active, go for regular exercise, yoga to keep me fit. Pl. Suggest me to over come this problem. I also want to add that I never face sleeplessness during night even after drowzing hours of 3 to 4 every day. Is it a neurological disorder? Pl. Suggest.
My brother is of 25years oldHe has habit of smoking. Sometimes he feels pain in chest How to take care of this?
I am 28 years old. My HDL remains on lower side i. E. 28-30. Please suggest what to do to increase the HDL level.
Dear Doctor, I am suffering from high blood pressure and my family doctor prescribed Zilos 25mg tablet. I am using it last 2 years. Now BP is under control. I can continue using this tablet no? Doctor please advise?
I am 32 years old and suffering from Diabetic last two years and doctor prescribed me a Azulix 2 MF tab. Twice a day. But My sugar range approx. 120/160 after taking tablet. Suggest me a complete diet plan and need to change tab. Give the name of medicine.
I am ahigh bp patient,diabetic type2,high cholestrol level,gout patient,male,48 yrs age Taking metformin 500 mg bd,losartin 50 mg,od,atenol 50 mg,allopurinol 300 mg per day, I snore heavily, the present situstion is such thst i breathe heavily and any beside me consider i am sleeping please advise
My mother is 60 years old. She have sugar, cholesterol and high blood pressure problem. She was suffering since 5 year last. We do various type of treatment but not get permanent solutions. What we do now?
I am suffering from cold from a week and now my chest is paining little. Pls suggest any kind of remedy.
A heart attack does not always have obvious symptoms, such as pain in your chest, shortness of breath and cold sweats. In fact, a heart attack can actually happen without a person knowing it. This condition is known as a ‘silent heart attack’, medically known as ‘silent ischemia’, occurring due to the shortage of oxygen supply to the heart muscle. The causes of a silent heart attack are similar to that of a heart attack.
Obesity or excess weight
Lack of exercise
Age, usually above 65
Consumption of tobacco or smoking
A silent cardiac arrest makes one more vulnerable to another heart attack that could be fatal. Diagnosis: The only method to diagnose if you had a silent heart attack is through imaging tests, such as echocardiogram, electrocardiogram, Holter Monitoring or others. These tests can show certain changes which might be indicative of a heart attack. An analysis of one’s overall health and the symptoms can aid in deciding whether few more tests are required.
How would you prevent a silent heart attack?
1. Get your cholesterol and blood pressure count tested regularly.
2. Refrain from smoking.
3. Get your VO2 max checked regularly.
4. Live a healthy lifestyle: Refrain from smoking and excessive alcohol consumption; exercise daily, eat healthy.
5. Control high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes
6. Be aware of your body and call on a doctor if you feel there’s anything which is bothering you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
I am 67 years old male. My sugar and cholesterol levels are within border. But my blood pressure is 175/90. I take inderal 40 two times a day. But the bp does not reduce. I intake less salt in veg. Foods. Daily I walk in the morning. I am a non smoker and non drinker. Pure vegetarian. I take Oats gravy that too without salt. Please advise me. Thanks.
Hello sir, I am 40 years old. I was using mintop 10 for my hair loss problem. After using four months I have seen some side effects fast heartbeat, redness and irritation on skin. I have stopped using it for last two months. Kindly suggest me some remedies still I am facing side effects fast heartbeat, redness and irritation on skin.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.