Hello, I am Dr Vikas Khanna and today I will be talking about Breakups and how to move on from Breakups.
This has been surveyed that people who find difficult to move on from breakups are those who have typical memories call bias. They just recall all the good memories of their past relationship. They get stuck in that happiness and that is why it gets difficult for them to move on.
Relationships and breakups are equally common. You move in a relationship and you move out of a relationship.
Today, I will be telling you a simple NLP exercise through which you can move on very quickly, very easily within few days.
Every breakup has a reason, has an issue due to which you and your partner move out of a relationship. But the memory we call bias prevents you from moving on as your subconscious mind is fed with only positive memories and it is considered as something valuable, something missing.
I will tell you a simple exercise. Just recall all the bad memories including the reason for the breakup that could be a verbal abuse, a partner cheating on you and so many other arguments as well. Just compile them in a sequence. Close your eyes and play a movie in the sequence in your mind, one after the other. Just feel the emotions that you had at the time of an argument, at the time your partner cheated. Just visualise that, play it like a movie. The time it is done, just freeze the last scene and paint it white. You should remember that you should be focusing on all the bad memories you had in your past relationship. After you are done, just repeat it 3 times with a complete feeling of emotions which you had, you have "enough is enough" kind of feeling and your subconscious is trained to move on to happiness elsewhere which you did not get in your past relationship.
I wish you a good luck.
If you want to contact me, you can do so through Lybrate, you can even call me or send me a mail.
Thank you,read more
Hello! My name is DR. Vikas Khanna and today I’ll be talking very briefly about how to live and cope up with problems like Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder. It is especially for the people and family members of the patients who are suffering from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder in which the patient lives in his own reality, he has his own imagined reality. His behaviors and his actions are totally disassociated with what we call our normal reality. We all have our own set of realities, we perceive the world in through our colored glasses but the reality of schizophrenic patient has no common ground with the world reality. The disease has a very strong genetic disposition and sadly its prognosis is poor.
So how to cope up with it? How to live up with it? Normally we force the patient to fit himself or herself into the reality of the world which is very disturbing for the patient. We are basically perpetuating the conflict by forcing the reality. They cannot change the reality, for them, that’s the real world. Can we leave them in their own reality and at least do not aggravate the conflict? Similarly, in bipolar disorder, patients normally have episodes of high and episodes of low but we try to fit their highs into what we call normal. Can we let them enjoy their highs and not struggle with their loss?
If there is any further query, you can approach the platform lybrate and you can pose your question through email or call.read more
Hello, I am Dr Vikass Khanna. I’m working as a counsellor and hypnotist in Gurgaon Delhi. Today I will be talking about depression.
What is depression?
We have all been depressed sometimes in our lives. We’ve all been through ups and downs.
What is clinical depression?
CD is a very vague and broad clubbing of thought patterns. But does depression have a substance, absence of a state you want to be in. Let’s go to the roots of drips. You never visited the roots. The value system of our society which tells us to be someone to be happy to be kind, to be successful is the root of depression. We are always in a state of being someone, be somewhere, we have to be kind, to be more religious, be somewhere. Somewhere where one is not. There lies the conflict of what you are and what you want to be. Life is paly of polar opposites. You have expectations. You will have frustrations. They are eternally linked. If you don’t know the definition of happiness there’s no unhappiness. So why does one want to be in a futuristic state always, all the time, to be someone. As per the culture happiness, expecting something or the other all the time.
Now how do you manage depression?
Either pop a pill, take anti-depressants, which are 3 basically serotonin reuptake inhibitors. They inhibit the serotonin uptake. The chemicals they act till your taking them. In the brain circuits, a lot of adverse effects associated.
What is the other kind of motivation?
Diversion, meditation, which are again suppressions. This suppressing kind of thought, Will you get rid of depression by that? Can you stop struggling to be free of depression? It is your mind which tells that you’re not happy. you’re sad. You should be somewhere. You should be like this. The same mind tells you to be free of depression. It is a moment, a mental moment, a though moment. Both the things can bring about that change.
Can you be depression free by struggling?
To get rid of it. Or increasing the depression like falling into the trap of depression. Can u let go of this struggle? Can you revisit the roots of depression? Expectations that ideal state, you want to be in. ideal state.
For any help enquiry, you can either come through the platform of lybrate or you can contact me directly on my mobile no. I’m available in Gurgaon and Delhi on appointments.
Thank youread more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikas Khanna
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas KhannaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Initially the symptoms of mood disorder were not that severe but then it became worse. But after consulting Dr Vikas, I am hopeful again that I will be fine. He is very professional and is a really patient listener. I am really grateful as his mood disorder treatment has give me a ray of hope. In the very first sitting,he clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
Amazing experience! I had burned my hand and no painkiller was helping relieve my pain. With less faith in hypnotherapy, I approached Dr Vikas Khanna. And wow - Within an hr my hand freezed and Pain was gone!! It was unbelievable but I experienced it myself! Thanks! He is the doctor who can do miracles!
I decided to quit smoking but was not able to. As one of friends referred Dr Vikas . I consulted him and I am quite benefitted with her treatment. Even I am hoping for further improvement. He treated me with full patience and I had a wonderfull experience. Now , I am finally able to get back to my normal self.
My father was getting mentally ill for which I chose to consult Dr Vikas, he has broad knowldege in the field of psychiatry. His treatment and guidance to stay healthy helped me alot to deal with this problem. I owe him a big thank for treating my father so patiently. He is perfectly fine now.
I was in too much stress due to financial crisis at home. I consulted Dr Vikas , he traeted me very patiently. He asked me number of questions in order to know the major cause and started the traetment. Thanks to him for helping me resolve the problem. i am perfectly fine now.
A good professional and great human being. Impressed by his work and patience. His analysis hits the issue at core. Please approach him without doubt. You will be not dissapointed.
Very Good Doctor in Delhi and Gurgaon area. I could not eat and had no medical issues and three hypnotherapy sessions with him and i am absolutely fine now ! Thanks Doctor!
Went for a spiritual counselling. The doctor removed everything under my feet and I was left with myself, removed of all that was hampering my inner peace.
I had gone for smoking cessation, and by two weeks and threes sessions, I had quit smoking. The doctor is good natured and very skillful
The doctor is very incisive and insightful. He understands your personal problems very well. I would definetely recommend him.
I went for counseling for claustrophobia and after taking two sessions , It was gone!! Above my expectation!
Dr. Vikas Khanna provides answers that are very helpful and knowledgeable. Control My weight
He is the best counselor in the city for sure.He uses subtle methods to leave a deep impact
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vikas Khanna to be very helpful. Thank you doc
This worked for me. The best things was he didnt give stress relieving pills. Thx
T K Manoj Nair
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vikas Khanna to be knowledgeable. Good
amazing. out of the box treatment. highly recommend
I am a teen. I have been scoring well. But in last few months. I am just stressed too much. I have lots of fatigue increment. Weight is constant. But I neither feel happy nor I feel sad. I have lost my interest in most of the things. I think it's depression. What can I do?
I have been suffering from depression & anxiety since ages. I have been on & off meds over the years. From past 1 years I have been consulting a psychiatrist and taking following meds Melzap 0.25 mg 1 0 1 Oliramp 2.5 0 0 1/2 Fluvoxin 50 1/2 1/2 1/2 I have been kept on low doses of anti depressants bcoz I get skin allergies otherwise. The doc has tried other drugs too earlier but it caused allergies. Do you think I'm put on the right medication? I see no change in myself, I still feel very low and anxious and have trouble concentrating, feel blank, get frequent anxiety attacks, don't feel like doing anything. Kindly guide me. Also taking high bp med Amlong A 1 at night.
I had protected sex but before using condom my boyfriend had pre ejaculation which he rubbed in my vagina surface after that he used condom. From next day I am not feeling well I had vomited many times and getting cramps in lower abdomen. What is the reason of having these symptoms?
Laughter is the best medicine, we have all heard this numerous number of times. It is a well known fact that laughter releases healthy hormones like endorphins and send good signals through the neurotransmitters even as it oxygenates your blood with the huge gulps of air that you take in which also strengthens the immune system. Yet, for many us, not being able to laugh has become a chronic problem as we are so caught up in our day to day struggle, that we forget to smile and laugh or rather, we do not believe that we deserve to be happy. For many people, this is a lost art that they do not know how to bring back. So follow these five tips on bringing more laughter back into your life.
- Laughter Club: Join those early morning laughter clubs and get your funny bone working with a session. These sessions usually take place at the park and are a ton of fun to be in. Take a friend or two along and laugh with someone you know. These laughter clubs can be enjoyed by all ages and groups of people.
- Intent: Get into the mood with the right intention. Intent can make or break even the most trying situations and there is nothing the body will not do once the mind has decided to do it. So wake up and go to sleep with the intent to laugh more every day, no matter what the situation, so that you spread happiness within and outside and get some company for laughing even more.
- Morning Routine: Apart from the laughter club right in the morning, you can make laughing a part of your daily routine from the time you wake up. If you are in the habit of switching on the news or reading the newspaper as you get ready to face the world, chances are that you will less than happy and even slightly morose, by the time you step out of the house. So read the comic strip of your newspaper and enjoy a hearty laugh that will shape the way you look at things the entire day.
- Friends: No matter how busy you are, make time for family and friends beyond the routine greetings and meal times. Spend time with the people you love and find things to smile and laugh about.
- Comedy Nights: Reserve a special place for comedy nights in your weekly calendar and watch reruns of your favourite episodes from start to finish. Identify a favourite stand up comic and follow him or her! So laugh your troubles away and laugh your way towards a healthier lifestyle!
Am suffering from premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction for last one month. Even sometime there is no erection of the time of sexual activity and semen come out before start of sexual activity or without sexual activity. I think this all is happening due to some serious family problems /dispute with wife. Due to which I am in anxiety and tension. Before this all is normal and there is no problem in sexual intercourse. Presently I am taking T. Clonotril MD-0.25 mg (clonazepam) Please advice some treatment/medicines to treat this problem.
Hello Dr. I'm suffering from Premature Ejaculation. So Recently I shared my experiences to one of the doctors from this aap. And got answer to take neurobion forte twice a day for one month. I just wanted to confirm if the suggested medicine is actually for Premature Ejaculation or not? Is there any side effects? What else should I do to control this Premature Ejaculation? I'm also ready to visit your clinic if the clinic is near by any of these stn (Thane or Dombiwali or Mulund or Ghatkopar)
Myself is justin am working in the ship. My married already fix next month am getting married bt am worried abut my sex life I want long time do the sex bt with in 5 Min everything wil finished can you please help me out Wht I have to do next.
Your mental and emotional health impacts how you think, feel, and carry on in everyday life. It additionally influences your capacity to adapt to stress, defeat challenges, construct connections, and recover from life's difficulties and hardships. Whether you are hoping to adapt to a particular psychological wellness issue, better manage disagreeable feelings, or essentially need to feel more confident, enthusiastic, and adjusted, there are a lot of things you can do to take control of your emotional health.
Regardless of how sad or defenseless you feel as of now, these systems can help your state of mind, fabricate versatility, and increase your general pleasure in life:
- Remain active: The psyche and the body are naturally connected. When you enhance your physical wellbeing, you will naturally encounter more mental and emotional happiness. Physical movement additionally discharges endorphins, effective chemicals that lift your state of mind and give you energy. Customary practice or action can majorly affect mental and enthusiastic medical issues, mitigate stress, enhance memory, and help you to rest better.
- Oversee stress: At the point when stress gets to be distinctly overpowering, it can harm your state of mind, trigger mental and physical medical issues, and influence your personal satisfaction. As examined above, face-to-face social association and physical action are both instinctual approaches to get rid of stress. In any case, when stress hits, it is not generally practical to have a companion close by to incline toward or to have the capacity to go out for a walk or run.
- Eat a solid eating routine: Unless you have tried to change your eating regimen before, you may not know exactly how much you eat or not eat. This influences the way you think and feel. An unfortunate eating regimen can inflict significant damage on your brain and mindset, disturb your rest, decrease your energy, and weaken your immune system.
- Get enough quality rest: Reducing sleep may appear like a good move when you have a very busy life. However, with regards to your mental and emotional wellbeing, getting enough quality sleep is a need, not a luxury. Skipping even a couple of hours here and there can inflict significant damage on your mind, energy, mental sharpness, and capacity to handle stress. Long-term unending work can wreak destruction on your health.
- Discover reason and importance in life: Everybody determines significance and reason in various ways that include doing things that benefit others, and also yourself. You may consider it an approach to feel required, like yourself, a reason that drives you on, or essentially motivation to get up in the morning. In natural terms, discovering importance and objective is fundamental to mental wellbeing as it can produce new cells and make new neural pathways in the brain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Life is constant game of changes and people who can adapt to it and move on generally tend to find their pockets of happiness. From bad finances to lack of love to a near ones loss, each of us constantly face struggles that can leave us drained and depressed. People often work on these external factors to find their happiness. Those who suffer from depression as an illness though find it taking over multiple spheres of their lives disabling them from doing routine tasks with ease. Depression, like other diseases, can also have a biological origin.
Several theories concerning the biologically based cause of depression have been suggested over the years. Simply put, chemical imbalance in the brain can be a trigger to depression. As the 'command center' of our body, the brain uses a number of chemicals as messengers to communicate with other parts of itself and with the nervous system. These chemical messengers, called neurotransmitters are released and received by the brain's nerve cells called neurons. Neurons are constantly communicating with each other by way of exchanging neurotransmitters. This communication system is essential to all of the brain's functions.
Among the biological causes of depression, the most prominent and widely researched is the monoamine hypothesis. The three main monomine triggers of imbalances that trigger depression are neurotransmitters called serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine. Serotonin regulates functions like sleep, aggression, eating, sexual behavior, and mood. Similarly, the catecholamine hypothesis suggests that a deficiency of the neurotransmitter norepinephrine (also known as noradrenaline) in certain areas of the brain was responsible for creating depressed mood. Norepinephrine helps our bodies to recognize and respond to stressful situations.
Dopamine plays in important role in helping each of us seek out our 'high' or 'pleasure' from rewards. Low dopamine levels may in part explain why depressed people don't derive the same sense of pleasure out of activities or people that they did before becoming depressed.
Another leading cause of clinical depression is focused on the endocrine system. The endocrine system is responsible for making hormones and releasing them into the blood to regulate processes like reaction to stress and sexual development. Hormonal irregularities may lead to depressive symptoms like loss of appetite and sleep. It is further observed that those who have particular endocrine disorders sometimes develop depression, and some individuals who are depressed develop endocrine problems despite having healthy glands.
In a research done among depressed individuals, over half had a hormone called cortisol in excess in their body and abnormal times of secretion.
Depression can have many triggers and origins and it is important to see the right doctor who can treat the cause, triggers and symptoms in addition to the disease. Depression has a genetic predisposition. Also, the faulty thought pattern alters the physiology by upsetting the hormonal balance. Psychological professional help should be a priority in depression and its role should not be under emphasized.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Life is full of challenges. We all have our own ways of dealing with stress and strains of life. But, a strong sense of resilience can make you different from others. Winners don’t do different things, but they do it differently. That’s what you need to keep in mind. While there are hundreds of strategies to deal with stress, you need to learn the best ones to increase your sense of resilience. The more resilient you are, the better is your chance of succeeding in life. Your power of resilience is like an armour that will guard you in the battlefield of life.
Here’s all that you need to know about how to become more resilient. From personal tragedies to occupational hazards, you will be able to deal with everything under the sun by following the tips below:
1. Acceptance towards change: It is important for all of us to accept a simple fact that life is dynamic in nature. Nothing in our lives is permanent. Situations and events change in our lives, bringing occasional bliss or sorrows. Therefore, if you realize the fact that change is an indispensable part of life and be a little flexible, you will automatically become more resilient.
2. Be realistic: You must have a realistic outlook towards life. Don’t let your mind be preoccupied with fanciful ideas or build castles in the air. Realism and pragmatism are the fundamentals to a healthy living. If you have a pragmatic mind and understand the real problems in life, you will not lose hope too soon. Therefore, you will be more resilient than others as you have already prepared yourself for the worst things in life by understanding the reality.
3. Control your emotions: It has been often noticed that when scuba divers drown, they are still left with enough oxygen in their tanks. It is because they have pulled off their oxygen masks at the time of danger. Researchers believe that most of us, when in danger, lose our senses and start panicking. This worsens the situation and aggravates the problems in our lives, destroying harmony and peace. Therefore, a person with better sense of resilience has better control over his emotions as well. Don’t freak out or panic at the time of danger or get depressed over an issue for long. You must have a fighting attitude in life and be prepared to face the worst.
4. Be a good communicator: It is quite true that most of our problems can be sorted out by communication. If you maintain proper communication with people and yourself and keep all channels of communication open, you will have solutions to various problems in life. This boosts your confidence and sense of resilience.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!