Hello, I am Dr Vikas Khanna and today I will be talking about Breakups and how to move on from Breakups.
This has been surveyed that people who find difficult to move on from breakups are those who have typical memories call bias. They just recall all the good memories of their past relationship. They get stuck in that happiness and that is why it gets difficult for them to move on.
Relationships and breakups are equally common. You move in a relationship and you move out of a relationship.
Today, I will be telling you a simple NLP exercise through which you can move on very quickly, very easily within few days.
Every breakup has a reason, has an issue due to which you and your partner move out of a relationship. But the memory we call bias prevents you from moving on as your subconscious mind is fed with only positive memories and it is considered as something valuable, something missing.
I will tell you a simple exercise. Just recall all the bad memories including the reason for the breakup that could be a verbal abuse, a partner cheating on you and so many other arguments as well. Just compile them in a sequence. Close your eyes and play a movie in the sequence in your mind, one after the other. Just feel the emotions that you had at the time of an argument, at the time your partner cheated. Just visualise that, play it like a movie. The time it is done, just freeze the last scene and paint it white. You should remember that you should be focusing on all the bad memories you had in your past relationship. After you are done, just repeat it 3 times with a complete feeling of emotions which you had, you have "enough is enough" kind of feeling and your subconscious is trained to move on to happiness elsewhere which you did not get in your past relationship.
I wish you a good luck.
If you want to contact me, you can do so through Lybrate, you can even call me or send me a mail.
Thank you,read more
Hello! My name is DR. Vikas Khanna and today I’ll be talking very briefly about how to live and cope up with problems like Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder. It is especially for the people and family members of the patients who are suffering from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder in which the patient lives in his own reality, he has his own imagined reality. His behaviors and his actions are totally disassociated with what we call our normal reality. We all have our own set of realities, we perceive the world in through our colored glasses but the reality of schizophrenic patient has no common ground with the world reality. The disease has a very strong genetic disposition and sadly its prognosis is poor.
So how to cope up with it? How to live up with it? Normally we force the patient to fit himself or herself into the reality of the world which is very disturbing for the patient. We are basically perpetuating the conflict by forcing the reality. They cannot change the reality, for them, that’s the real world. Can we leave them in their own reality and at least do not aggravate the conflict? Similarly, in bipolar disorder, patients normally have episodes of high and episodes of low but we try to fit their highs into what we call normal. Can we let them enjoy their highs and not struggle with their loss?
If there is any further query, you can approach the platform lybrate and you can pose your question through email or call.read more
Hello, I am Dr Vikass Khanna. I’m working as a counsellor and hypnotist in Gurgaon Delhi. Today I will be talking about depression.
What is depression?
We have all been depressed sometimes in our lives. We’ve all been through ups and downs.
What is clinical depression?
CD is a very vague and broad clubbing of thought patterns. But does depression have a substance, absence of a state you want to be in. Let’s go to the roots of drips. You never visited the roots. The value system of our society which tells us to be someone to be happy to be kind, to be successful is the root of depression. We are always in a state of being someone, be somewhere, we have to be kind, to be more religious, be somewhere. Somewhere where one is not. There lies the conflict of what you are and what you want to be. Life is paly of polar opposites. You have expectations. You will have frustrations. They are eternally linked. If you don’t know the definition of happiness there’s no unhappiness. So why does one want to be in a futuristic state always, all the time, to be someone. As per the culture happiness, expecting something or the other all the time.
Now how do you manage depression?
Either pop a pill, take anti-depressants, which are 3 basically serotonin reuptake inhibitors. They inhibit the serotonin uptake. The chemicals they act till your taking them. In the brain circuits, a lot of adverse effects associated.
What is the other kind of motivation?
Diversion, meditation, which are again suppressions. This suppressing kind of thought, Will you get rid of depression by that? Can you stop struggling to be free of depression? It is your mind which tells that you’re not happy. you’re sad. You should be somewhere. You should be like this. The same mind tells you to be free of depression. It is a moment, a mental moment, a though moment. Both the things can bring about that change.
Can you be depression free by struggling?
To get rid of it. Or increasing the depression like falling into the trap of depression. Can u let go of this struggle? Can you revisit the roots of depression? Expectations that ideal state, you want to be in. ideal state.
For any help enquiry, you can either come through the platform of lybrate or you can contact me directly on my mobile no. I’m available in Gurgaon and Delhi on appointments.
Thank youread more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikas Khanna
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas KhannaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Initially the symptoms of mood disorder were not that severe but then it became worse. But after consulting Dr Vikas, I am hopeful again that I will be fine. He is very professional and is a really patient listener. I am really grateful as his mood disorder treatment has give me a ray of hope. In the very first sitting,he clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
Amazing experience! I had burned my hand and no painkiller was helping relieve my pain. With less faith in hypnotherapy, I approached Dr Vikas Khanna. And wow - Within an hr my hand freezed and Pain was gone!! It was unbelievable but I experienced it myself! Thanks! He is the doctor who can do miracles!
I decided to quit smoking but was not able to. As one of friends referred Dr Vikas . I consulted him and I am quite benefitted with her treatment. Even I am hoping for further improvement. He treated me with full patience and I had a wonderfull experience. Now , I am finally able to get back to my normal self.
My father was getting mentally ill for which I chose to consult Dr Vikas, he has broad knowldege in the field of psychiatry. His treatment and guidance to stay healthy helped me alot to deal with this problem. I owe him a big thank for treating my father so patiently. He is perfectly fine now.
I was in too much stress due to financial crisis at home. I consulted Dr Vikas , he traeted me very patiently. He asked me number of questions in order to know the major cause and started the traetment. Thanks to him for helping me resolve the problem. i am perfectly fine now.
A good professional and great human being. Impressed by his work and patience. His analysis hits the issue at core. Please approach him without doubt. You will be not dissapointed.
Very Good Doctor in Delhi and Gurgaon area. I could not eat and had no medical issues and three hypnotherapy sessions with him and i am absolutely fine now ! Thanks Doctor!
Went for a spiritual counselling. The doctor removed everything under my feet and I was left with myself, removed of all that was hampering my inner peace.
I had gone for smoking cessation, and by two weeks and threes sessions, I had quit smoking. The doctor is good natured and very skillful
The doctor is very incisive and insightful. He understands your personal problems very well. I would definetely recommend him.
Shaik Husen Basha
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vikas Khanna to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you very much sir
I went for counseling for claustrophobia and after taking two sessions , It was gone!! Above my expectation!
Dr. Vikas Khanna provides answers that are very helpful and knowledgeable. Control My weight
He is the best counselor in the city for sure.He uses subtle methods to leave a deep impact
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vikas Khanna to be very helpful. Thank you doc
This worked for me. The best things was he didnt give stress relieving pills. Thx
T K Manoj Nair
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vikas Khanna to be knowledgeable. Good
amazing. out of the box treatment. highly recommend
I am suffering from premature ejaculation. Please provide me some food related treatment. As to make changes in diet.
I have been taking antidep 25 mg and serentin for mental depression for the past 25 years. I am now 58 and continue working. Can I stop taking this medicine now.
Hello Dr. I am suffering from depression. I am continuous failing in my ca final exams from 2014. I really need a help. I am 28 years female. I am feeling that I am worthless. My Life has no value. I am suffering from sugar and pcod.
Hi I am 26 years old, recently I did sex with my fiyancy I couldn't able to fuck her more than a minute and she is not satisfied with my penis size and the ejaculation time. I am scare about this issue I am gonna marry her in 6 month she feels like I'm not good in romance, how can I over come from this problem. I want to be more time in bed and my pines size should be increase. My penis size is 10 cm. Now. I saw there is some online products in websites addressing that increase your penis size and sex time in bed. I gothrough with two products those are 1. Hammer of thor 2. Brijnath Nightraders Are this products really increase the size of penis and sex time in bed? If it do, any side effects problems by using it? I want to satisfy my finacy by the time of marriage please advise me to use this products or not else any other treatment is there to overcome this 2problems.
Procrastination is a way of sabotaging oneself by putting off activities and delaying success. This is an emotional and mental obstacle that many people face in varying degrees. So here is everything you need to know about procrastination.
- It becomes a lifestyle: As per medical research, about 20% of the people who procrastinate, have been doing it on a chronic basis and can now safely say that this is a lifestyle and not just a habit that one has fallen prey to.
- It is cultivated: Contrary to popular belief, procrastination is not something that anyone is born with. It is cultivated with constant inaction over a period of years, which also includes the act of making excuses to put off a task.
- Excessive alcohol consumption: In many cases, procrastinators will end up enjoying higher consumption of alcohol than their contemporaries. This may be done to alleviate boredom before the excessive consumption becomes a habit, which further dulls the senses.
- Hiding from the truth: It has been seen that procrastinators often lie to themselves or hide the truth about their problem by making mindless excuses, which do not actually exist. They are chronic liars who come to believe their lies, which can give rise to even more severe behavioural issues.
- Distractions: Most people who procrastinate will look for distractions that will keep them from doing their work properly. This may include watching television or eating, or even doing mindless chores that are not important.
- Focus: Many of these procrastinators have problems when it comes to focusing and finding solutions for various tasks. They cannot prioritise and put their mind to a certain task, which also prevents them from understanding the requirements for completing that task.
- Avoiders: These types of procrastinators usually avoid doing the tasks that will lead them to success. They do not make the effort to carry out the necessary tasks in a proper manner.
- Decisional procrastinators: These kind of procrastinators simply cannot find the motivation to take a decision that will change the direction of their lives by putting one step in front of the other on a daily basis.
- Cost of procrastination: There is a huge cost that is borne by these kinds of people in the long run. While missing deadlines, losing jobs and not graduating from college are just some of the consequences, many of them also come down with a plethora of health conditions including gastrointestinal diseases.
- Therapy for procrastination: The best way to transform a procrastinator is with the help of cognitive behavioural therapy, which can help in reprogramming the brain with fruitful, guided discussions and internal dialogues. This kind of therapy works well in the long run.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Do you believe that the world is a hostile place and you are a victim? Are you the one who often doubts his or her abilities? If so, you might be showing signs of low self-esteem. Interestingly, self-esteem has nothing do with your actual ability or talent. Your looks, weight or skills are not responsible for your low self esteem. It largely depends upon the fact that how you value yourself.
It has been observed in most cases that self-esteem is often affected by a number of reasons, including ill-health, unpleasant memories from the past, and termination of relationships. Low self-esteem is generally marked in survivors of physical or sexual abuse, victims of racial discrimination or people who have had a traumatic past life.
If you don’t pay attention towards this issue, you might end up developing certain serious mental disorders. Low self-esteem is also the root cause behind the occurrence of mental disorders like borderline personality disorder, depression, etc. However, there is nothing to worry about it. There are certain simple things that are useful in building up your self-esteem.
Here’s all that you need to do to start believing in yourself and be confident about your capabilities:
1. Remember your strong points: Make three separate lists of your strengths; achievements and your qualities that you admire. Take help from your friends, parents and other well-wishers for preparing these lists. These lists will help you in understanding your abilities and goodness. You will be able to believe in your strengths. You must read through these lists at least once daily.
2. Be positive: Optimism and a positive approach towards life are the key to success. Your self-esteem is influenced by the fact that how you look at life. Life is not a bed of roses. It is unavoidable that you will have to face critical situations or problems in life. But, what is important is to face them with courage and a faith in your own abilities. Be positive and stop developing negative thoughts about yourself. Get rid of thoughts like ‘I am a loser’; ‘I can’t get rid of this problem’; etc.
3. Take care of your body: Your outward appearance sometimes works wonders in lifting up your inner-self and spirits. Keep yourself clean, trim your beard or hairs; cut your nails; don’t forget to floss your teeth and maintain overall personal hygiene to develop a feeling of goodness.
4. Sleep well: A good night’s sleep is essential for boosting up your self - esteem.
5. Eat right: A balanced diet is a key to good health. Eating the right food in the right way keeps your mental and physical health all right. Include minerals and vitamins in your regular meals. Avoid distractions like television or radio while taking meals.
6. Exercise: Regular workouts keep you away from mental-ill health.
7. Be cool and comfortable first: When it comes to your dressing, try to put on attires that you can carry well. Wear stuffs that you love the most.
We as individuals are unique and blessed with independent thoughts and intellect, which help us in making decisions in life. One of the biggest decisions in life that we have to make is choosing a life partner. We may have to go through several proposals and meet lots of people before we are able to make this crucial choice and select an ideal partner to spend the rest of your life with. Many times, such decisions are made sooner and at sometimes we may have to seek the opinion of our friends, relatives and well-wishers to be able to find the perfect match.
In all cases, what really matters is that the relationship that we have build has to be strong enough to last a lifetime and that if there is any problem between the couple, they should be able to resolve it amicably, with understanding and maturity. In order to forge relationships that can last, the beginning of the association has to be crucial. There are a number of ways in which you can ensure that the beginning is smooth and that the rest of your lives are also spent in happiness.
The importance of counselling
In the modern times, when couples expect a lot more than couples of the olden times, it becomes extremely important to make sure that the couplevisits a marriage counsellor in time and is given an opportunity to get to know each other in a better manner. Here are a few ways in which counselling may be a boon for newly acquainted couples who are to get married.
- The counselling may help them realise their similarities and also understand what their strong points as a couple
- The session of understanding each other may also aid in knowing what they expect from each other in the long term rather than finding out the difficult way.
- It may also help in understanding the importance of amicable family relationships and how close and extended families help in the making of long and strong relationships.
- The pre-marriage counselling provided to couples also ensures that they are able to get a healthy and transparent forum to be able to know each other and understand what they can expect from life if they are together.
Getting the right kind of help
Although parents and elders usually advise the couple before they get married, it is important to make sure that formal counselling is also received from an expert in the field of psychology. When you choose to go to a worthy and trusted expert, you are able to ensure that the best methods of opening up to each other are used and that the session remains fruitful for the couple as well as their families in the long term. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!