Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas ChoudharyYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old am suffer heavy hair loss past 1 year so how to prevent hair loss and how to remove black spot in face?
How to use almond powder for face for fairness and for clearing pores pls give me right trick and how and when to use almond powder.
I want to now whether I can make my face brighter because I have a wheat texture and I want to look fair and I wanted my career in modeling because of my dry and little dark texture I am not feeling confident to start my passion.
I have few pimples and its black spots on my face and few pimples on my back so how can I remove them.
I have a fungal infection in my penis area, it makes dark black area around it And makes itching on that I want complete treatment And preventions.
I have blood purify issue due to this problem I am facing lots of white patches on my body. So what should I do?
I hav red spots in my whole body. Since last 2 months. They are growing day by day and also itching is there on the body. I hav also white pachtes inside my tongue. Any cure plzzz?
Skin pigmentation refers to the discolouration of the skin in certain parts. The colouration of skin is attained on the basis of the concentration of a pigment called melanin present in the skin. This pigment is produced by specialised cells present in the skin. Some affect only patches of skin while the other pigmentation disorders can affect the whole body.
When melanin is produced in more quantity, it makes your skin darker. This can happen in cases of pregnancy, sun exposure and Addison’s disease. Under production of melanin causes your skin to get lighter. Vitiligo is a condition wherein patches of the skin are not able to produce melanin. Genetic disorders such as Albinism is characterised by the absence of the pigment melanin in the body.
Other things that can cause skin pigmentation are burns, blisters or infections.
The types of skin pigmentation are categorised as
On the basis of appearance and texture, skin pigmentation is differentiated as:
- Patches of lighter skin
- Areas on the face that have reddened
- Areas that are darker which may be rough to touch or feel
- Any area that has been darkened or becomes light caused by injuries, scratches or burns
Darkening of the skin can sometimes be spontaneous or it may occur due to environmental factors such as sun exposure or sometimes genetic issues.
- Melasma: This refers to the darkening of the skin on the face. It can happen to anyone. Women who are pregnant or take birth control pills are more likely to develop Melasma. Also women who live in more tropical climates are prone to developing Melasma.
- Birth Mark: It is a patch of usually darker skin that is present since birth and is generally life-long. They are usually harmful, but if more of those appear, then it is better to consult your dermatologist.
The most common reasons are infections or injuries. Although, the more severe conditions are-
- Vitiligo: It is characterised by the presence of patches of skin that are lighter than others. This occurs due to the malfunctioning of cells in a focal area that stop producing melanin. This can be serious and you must consult a dermatologist as soon as possible.
- Tinea Versicolour: The symptoms of these resemble Vitiligo, but it is actually a fungal infection that attacks the skin cells and causes discolouration.