Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikas Aggarwal
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I'm 62 yrs young man. Having no sugar, no bp .Now a days whole day drowsiness, loud snoring, bad breath, very bad smell from mouth.Please do help
I have leukoplekia and OSMF from last 2 years cause of guthkha chewing due to wall of both side very sensational and can't eat now cold, hot and chilly and spicy food Please provide me faster way for rwcovery and injectables for the same ?
Hello,i had removed my one tooth 3 years back now i want to fit new tooth and clean 2 teeth . So what will be the cost ?
Root Canal Treatment
Dear friends, I’m Dr. Pankaj Dhawan. I’m a trained Prosthodontist and Implantologist. I’m practicing in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. Today, I’m going to teach you something about root canal treatment.
Our teeth are very precious to us, they are very important for us because we break our food with the help of our teeth. We would not be able to get nutrition from the teeth if we do not break the food in suto. That’s why the teeth play a very important role in mastication and breakage of the food to get the nutrition to the body.
Today, I’m going to tell you about root canal treatment and how to preserve the teeth. Over a period of time, because of constant use and not keeping proper hygiene, teeth do accumulate little bit of plaque and calculus around them. These are nothing but colonies of bacteria. These bacterial colonies secrete acid at night and this acid attack the calcified structure of the tooth. These cause decalcification of the teeth. This decalcification of the teeth causes the denaturing of the teeth and when this bacterial invasion goes little deeper into the teeth, we have dental cavities, we have dental caries. Dental caries is a microbial infestation of the teeth. When dental caries reaches the pulve or you may say in common words the nerve and the blood vessels of the teeth then, they cause immense pain and the pain of teeth is always unbearable.
Most of our patients in our country access dentist when they are having severe pain and extreme tenderness, therein, we have to do nothing but root canal treatment to save the teeth. Root canal treatment is a mummification of the teeth or in other words, trying to preserve the teeth without taking the juice out of the teeth. What we do is, we take the nerves and blood vessels out of the teeth, and put an inert material like Gutta Percha inside the teeth to preserve the teeth so that the teeth can function normally for rest of the time.
In metros, the root canal treatment can cost approximately 5000 Rs per teeth. In a root canal treatment the infected nerves and blood vessels are taken out with the help of rotary endodontics or hand endodontic instruments and then they are debrided, clean and all the materials which are inside are totally thoroughly clean and then, there are inert materials, used to seal the root canals of the tooth. After the sealing, the tooth is definitely needs to be capped. The capping of the teeth is important because tooth becomes brittle after root canal treatment and the cost of the cap in metro cities would be from 5000 Rs. to 15000 Rs. depending on the material used so, you may say a root canal treatment with the cap can cost you anytime between 10,000 to 15000 rupees for one teeth. It is always better to prevent the root canal by regular cleaning, visiting you dentist every six months and getting scaling and polishing done for the teeth.
For root canal treatment and crown therapy, if you need any further query, or if you need any further knowledge please feel free to contact me on the Lybrate platform.
Hi I am 19+ I haven't brushed my teeth for more than 10 years and my teeth become yellow . So my problem is that now I want to whiten my teeth . I am now brushing my teeth but they are not coming to their white natural color. How can I whiten my teeth .
Doctor. Blood is coming between my teeth. What is the problem. How I can I get rid off this problem. What are the reasons for this problem.
Dear sir I am having issue of bad odour in mouth. My gums seems to be pink and when I pressed them slowly they bleed out. I consult with a dentist 2 to 3 times and he told me due to improper cleanniless it is happening. He also did scaling of my teeth and give some medicine like gum paint and gel. He also suggest me colgate plax for oral hygiene. Sir I am doing all these but still I am suffering from same problem which make me uncomfortable with other persons. Sir kindly suggest what should I do sothat bleeding and bad odour issue to be overcome. I shall be obliged.
Today, the average size soft drink is 20 ounces and contains 17 teaspoons of sugar. More startling is that some citric acids found in fruit drinks are more erosive than hydrochloric or sulfuric acid—which is also known as battery acid. These refined sugars and acids found in soda and citrus juice promote tooth erosion, which wears away the hard part of the teeth, or the enamel. Once tooth enamel is lost, it's gone forever.
- There is a beverage that does not produce such irreversible results. When deciding between the many options available, the best thing to drink to avoid tooth erosion is brewed tea, according to a study in the peer-reviewed journal of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD).
- Apart from tasting good, brewed tea has many health benefits. Tea is loaded with natural antioxidants, which are thought to decrease incidence of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes.
- One researcher compared green and black tea to soda and orange juice in terms of their short- and long-term erosive effect on human teeth. The study found that the erosive effect of tea was similar to that of water, which has no erosive effect. And, when comparing green versus black, he discovered that there is a better option among those as well.
- When we look at tea and read about the benefits, it's amazing—not because green tea is 'the in thing'—but because there are advantages. Green tea has been identified to being superior over black due to its natural flavonoids (plant nutrients) and antioxidants.
- But, if you do drink tea, experts suggest avoiding additives such as milk, lemon, or sugar because they combine with tea's natural flavonoids and decrease the benefits. In addition, stay away from prepackaged iced teas because they contain citric acid and high amounts of sugars. It does not matter whether the tea is warm or cold—as long as it is home brewed without additives.