Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijender Kumar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vijender KumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from body swelling since 4 to 5 years and also pain in lower back side and also swelling, using lamba sacral belt and using medications but its not curing. What is the best way to control swelling? Please suggest me Thank you.
Hi, What will be approximate cost for total knee replacement surgery of both the knees? With best quality material.
Sir Mene 20 day pahle kulhe(hip) me injections lagwaya tha jiske Karen sujan aa gyii and gathiya ban gyi jisse AJ mere pero (leg) me dard ho Raha he or injections ke sthan par dard ho Raha KHI tetness to NHI ho rhi please mere KO batay ki me kya kroo.
My age is 36 years old, I have problem in my back. I have backpain from five days. I take some pain killers but not relief.
Hi Dr. my mother 50 years old have joint pain from last 7 years and have consulted with many ortho drs but have no relief and she is taking pain killers from long time so now any treatment is there or not. please reply.
Exercises for Sciatic pain from Piriformis Syndrome
Sciatica is a symptom. It consists of leg pain, which might feel like a bad leg cramp, or it can be excruciating, shooting pain that makes standing or sitting nearly impossible.
The pain might be worse when you sit, sneeze, or cough. Sciatica can occur suddenly or it can develop gradually.
- Pain in the rear or leg that is worse when sitting
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot
- A constant pain on one side of the rear
- A shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
Sciatica usually affects only one side of the lower body. Often, the pain extends from the lower back all the way through the back of the thigh and down through the leg. Depending on where the sciatic nerve is affected, the pain may also extend to the foot or toes.
For some people, the pain from sciatica can be severe and debilitating might include the inability to bend your knee or move your foot and toes.. For others, the sciatica pain might be infrequent and irritating, but has the potential to get worse.
Causes of Sciatic Pain:
- Slipped Disc: In majority of cases sciatica is caused by a herniated or "slipped" disc. This is when one of the discs that sit between the bones of the spine (the vertebrae) is damaged and presses on the nerves.
- Spondylolisthesis (a condition in which one vertebra slips forward over another one)
- Other causes include spinal stenosis (narrowing of the nerve passages in the spine), a spinal injury or infection, or a growth within the spine (such as a tumor).
- Other things that may make your back pain worse include being overweight, not exercising regularly, wearing high heels, or sleeping on a mattress that is too soft.
- Piriformis Syndrome: It is referred as neuritis of branches of the sciatic nerve caused by pressure of an injured or irritated piriformis muscle. Symptoms associated with piriformis syndrome typically consist of buttock pain that radiates into the hip, posterior aspect of the thigh, and the proximal portion of the lower leg.
- Piriformis syndrome typically does not result in neurological deficits such as decreased deep tendon reflexes and myotomal weakness.
Sciatica is diagnosed with a medical history and physical exam. Sometimes X-rays and other tests such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are done to help find the cause of the sciatica.
- X-ray- to look for fractures in the spine
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computed tomography (CT) scan - to create images of the structures of the back
- Nerve conduction velocity studies/electromyography - to examine how well electrical impulses travel through the sciatic nerve
- Myelogram using dye injected between the vertebrae - to determine if a vertebra or disc is causing the pain
Primary treatment consists of self-care and non-surgical strategies. The aim is to correct the underlying problem, restore function and prevent re-occurrence.
- Self-Care: Sciatica may resolve with rest, ice or heat, massage, pain relievers and gentle stretches. Muscle inflammation and pain can be reduced by application of an icepack for 20 minutes several times a day during the initial 2-3 days. Thereafter a hot pad may be applied to relax muscles. If the self-care exercises aren’t working within the first couple of days you must consult your doctor.
- Medication: Over the counter Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can bring pain relief. Muscle relaxants may be prescribed for spasms.
- Physiotherapy: A normal schedule is recommended physical therapy can help you return to full activity as soon as possible and prevent re-injury. Physiotherapists will show you proper lifting techniques / postures, walking techniques, exercises to stretch and strengthen your back muscles.
- Massage, ultrasound, diathermy, heat and traction may also be recommended for some time.
Causes and Symptoms of Back Pain
Hello. Main ek physiotherapist hu. Mera naam vishwas virmani hai. aajkal kamar dard ke jo mareez hai unki sankhya bahut hi zada badhti jaa rahi hai. Kamar dard jo ki pehle kam logo mein paaya jaata tha aajkal bahut hi zada log isse peedit hai. aur jo bachhe hai bees bees saal ke bachhe hai, bees pachhis saal ke bachhe hai inko bhi kamar dard sata raha hai. unke liye mere pass do upaye hai. kyunki humlog subah se sham taka age ki taraf jhuke rehte hai baithna bhi ek taraf se aage ki taraf jhukna hi maante hai kyunki hum baithte bahut zada hai kamar dard hone ki sambhavna bahut zada badh jati hai.
Toh uska ek simple sa solution kya hai ke jab bhi aap baithege hare k beese minute ke baad aap uthiye aur kamar ko seedha karke bas peeche ke taraf jhuk jayiye jaise ki aap upar wale ko yaad kar rahe ho. Toh aapko har bees minute pe uthna hai jhukna haia ur upar wale ko yaad karna hai. dusra upay kya hai ki agar aapke kamar mein ya kule mein problem hai ya dard hai aur Sciatica ka complain hai ya aapko agar kisi ne kaha ho ke performance syndrome hai uske liye aapko kya karna hai ki ek ball lena hai, us ball ko rakhna hai, aur uske upar apna kula rakh dijiye, kuch is tareeke se. Kula rakh ke aapne apne ek taang ko upar kar lena hai aur uske baad ball ko kule ke upar thoda thoda ragadna hai. aap is ball ko thoda aage ragad sakte hai, side mein ragad sakte hai, jaha pe aapko sabse zada dard ho, us point ko ispe ragadna hai.