Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Seth
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay SethYour feedback matters!
Hai sir, recently I have met with an accident. My right ankle bone and left collarbones were got fractured. For my ankle I was on pop for 35days. My doctor has removed the pop and suggested me not to walk for 1 month. As I am working I cant spend for tht long by being at home. Please suggest on this.
My father age 55 .he has done surgical surgery in January 2017 .after operation one more problem found which was called bedsore.in March bedsore operation problem ok. But Rhs arm have some pain and not move straight. Pls suggest some better medicine (preferred Homeopathic)
I experienced a different symptom my finger got struck when I woke up but I feel no pain anywhere in my hand. If I bend my finger my I couldn't bend my finger normally there is a lag getting it back. Please suggest me some medications.
It's worth knowing that you will eventually complain of back ache if you are not already whining.
It is primarily because most of us indulge in some everyday activities that are detrimental to our spine health. The good news here is that these reasons can be easily fixed. All you need is some spine tuning. Here's how:
Are you sitting too much on your seat? Recent studies have suggested that sitting for longer hours makes you prone to various illnesses. So it is highly recommended that you stand and walk a bit every two hours or so and also engage in some static stretching exercises. If not, take a 30 minutes stroll after your lunch time.
Sleeping on your stomach
Do you have a habit of snoozing on your tummy? It's a clear give away for your back problems as it puts unnecessary pressure on your spine. When you sleep on your side or back, your spine is elongated and neutral. Also, don't use a thick pillow. The perfect-sized pillow should keep your head in line with the spine. This is not it. Your mattress should not be too hard or soft.
Not exercising your core
According to yogacharya, Shelly Khera, a strong core helps us stand difficult situations both physically and mentally. It is where all our energies are housed. And even fitness instructors in the gym have caught fancy to the word 'core, but for all the right reasons - core exercises strengthen your spine.
High heels, bulky bags
Some fashion choices that you make may be harming your back, especially high heels and heavy bags. Not only women, there are men who carry heavy laptop bags on one shoulder, which is a major cause of health issues. What's the fix? If you stand and walk a lot, do not wear heels above 2 inches and the handbag should be less than 10 pounds.
I am 28 years old. From last 2 years my right sided tooth is being pained seldom which remains weeks. I am also being pained by same sided neck and eye. I want to know the problem and solution.
Our bones are composed of calcium deposits, and with age, the amount of deposits gradually reduce, leading to porous bones called in medical terms as osteoporosis - osteo for bone and porosis for porous. Osteoporosis is more common in females, especially after menopause, as there is a strong hormonal connection to osteoporosis.
An advice for females post 40 is to include calcium and vitamin d supplements, thereby delaying the onset and reducing the severity of this condition.
Listed below are some common treatments, which improve calcium and phosphorus metabolism, reduce bone loss, and improve bone mass.
- Silicea (silica) - Delicate people who are often very nervous and get tired easily and have a low resistance to infection get benefited from this medication. The spine is the most affected, and there might even be fractures and pus or fistula formation. It helps in healing broken bones and removing bone splinters. This works well in cases where calcium assimilation is affected by improving calcium assimilation.
- Calcarea phosphorica - This works very well in cases where the spine has been affected. Patients with softened spine and curved body benefit very well from this. This also can be used where there is associated anemia and increased bone pain due to cold weather. At an emotional level, people with general dissatisfaction and a strong desire to travel and wanting a change of situations can also benefit from this.
- Symphytum - Popularly known as 'knit bone,' this medicine is believed to help unite fractured bones very effectively by promoting strong callous formation. Not just new fractures, this also helps in patients who have pain in old healed or partially healed fractures.
- Calcarea carbonica - This works well in patients who have issues with calcium absorption, get tired easily, are anxious and stressed out easily. Cold often worsens the pain and there could be swelling of joints and neck and back pain. There is also a strong craving for sweets in these people.
I am 42 years old male, had a gout attack some 3 months ago. I was taking goutnil and feburic 40 mg tablets as advised by my doctor. At present I am taking only feburic 40 mg only once daily. I am complete vegeterian. What is the permanent solution?
I have pain on my right shoulder and it is very pain full from longer time please give me a solution..
Hi, I have a severe neck pain and headache. I used many medicine. But no result. Please give a suggestion to cure my problem.
Paralysis can be concluded as the state when the muscles lose functioning in any part of the body. Any kind of disruption in our nerve system can be responsible enough to cause paralysis. Our central nervous system and peripheral nervous system communicate and control our senses of movement. But interruption in nerve impulses can cause weakness in muscles which leads to muscle paralysis.
A paralysed patient will encounter symptoms like:
- Decreasing the motor power
- Decreasing vasomotor control
- Loss of sensation
- Decreasing bowel and bladder control
- Losing the ability of sexual function.
When it comes to treating a paralysis patient, physiotherapy is proven to be the best remedy. Physiotherapy has thoroughly helped patients with paralysis in getting to feel confident and independent. Physiotherapy includes various exercises and techniques which are developed with time in order to provide a complete rehabilitation to the patients.
Types of paralysis:
There are mainly four types of paralysis
- Monoplegia: when one limb gets paralysed
- Hemiplegia: when arm and leg of a single side get paralysed
- Paraplegia: when legs get paralysed
- Quadriplegia: when both sides get paralysed
Treating paralysis with physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy is advised to patients with any type of paralysis. It should be started soon in order to improve blood circulation in the muscles. It also helps in relaxing the stiff muscles. This treatment improves the overall health condition of the patient.
- Physiotherapy is also responsible for reducing any kind of swelling which takes place due to external brain injury.
- Physiotherapy is helpful in making the patient stable and independent.
- It also helps in maintaining the blood pressure.
- It helps to improve the respiratory system.
- Physiotherapy maintains the affected muscles and nerves. It provides strength to the affected muscles and works to prevent the limbs from getting deformed.
- One major symptom of paralysis is a loss of bladder and bowel function. Physiotherapy helps in managing the paralysed bowel and bladder.
- Physiotherapy involves different techniques which can be learnt from a physiotherapist in order to transfer a paralysed patient.
- Othorsis, canes, braces, splints are the equipment that are advised to the patient by a professional physiotherapist.
- Physiotherapy helps in resolving problems such as anxiety, anger, depression, denial which takes place after post-paralysis mental trauma.
- Physiotherapist provides safeguarding tips to the patient and his or her family in order to avoid accidents.
- Physiotherapy has a big role in creating the motivation in patient's mind.
These are the benefits of physiotherapy which help the paralyzed limbs getting stronger and better. But it is always advised to be done under a professional physiotherapist.
I am a 61 year male, cabg in 2008. Post cabg keloid and infection. Fluctuating swelling, pain, what to do? starts from 2011. Frequent.
Hello doctors I have legment tear by playing basket ball now i am feeling pain in every time I walk around and even at sudden times I feel more pain -i got it on right leg what to do i am 23 yrs old please guide -any medicine I should opt for or to go for operations I even want to join army is it all over for me?
In treating someone suffering from arthritis and rheumatism with homeopathy, just as with any other condition, I look at the person as a whole. In practice this means starting by looking at what exactly the problem is: pain, stiffness, sleep disturbance, limitation of particular activities, or what? Where is it? How long has it been a problem, and what has been the evolution? “Evolution” means where did it start and what has happened since – has it moved, if so, in any particular pattern? Does it come and go, any pattern to that? Did anything seem to trigger it off in the first place?
Then the modalities – simply any factor which makes the problem worse or better: for instance hot or cold applications, bandaging or support, the weather etc. Here it is important to know what is normal: for instance it is usual for an acutely inflamed, swollen, tender joint to be relieved by cold applications.
For treatment message complaints in details- Dr Rushali Angchekar
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic