Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay SachdevYour feedback matters!
Hello. I have very dry periods. My age is 25 and I am unmarried. I bleed hardly for two days. N then it is almost nill. What should be done?
Hello doctor I have not got my menstrual cycle since last 6 weeks and I had undergone pregnancy test also it was negative please suggest me proper remedies Thank you.
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.
Dear sir, mam:meri gf ko har month time to time periods aa jata tha par is month nahi aaya or 32 dino sa jada ho gaya hai. please aap koi aise dawa bata dijiye jissa ki ek din ma periods aa jai.
Is there any problem if a man sperm enter into vagina of his spouse, who is pregnant for 3 months had a history of previous abortion? Please give me an explanation?
Today is 16 dpiui and as per my gynec advise I have take progesterone suppository and norethisterone for 3 days everything is over from today onward but I dnt hav any symptoms. I checked my cervix it is in medium firm and slightly open. When will get my periods.
Hi, I am 30 years old, having weight loss, hair fall, tiredness, leaky periods, severe leg pain, elevated pulse rate from last two months. I tested sugar, hb and rheumatoid factor. All are ok. But the TSH level is increased to 5.35 and T4 is 11.60. What should I do? Should I start thyroxine?
we are married 4 year ago but we don't have child and I have sex problem with my wife she is not ready for sex then what should I do now tell in this 4 year we did only 1 time.
After that, each time you eat meat, the allergen binds to the ige antibodies and causes the cells to release massive amounts of histamine and other chemicals to try to protect you.
Depending on the tissue in which these antibodies are released, these chemicals will cause you to have symptoms that can range from mild to severe. A severe allergic reaction can include anaphylaxis, a potentially life-threatening reaction that must be treated immediately.
A bite from the lone star tick can cause people to develop an allergy to red meat, including beef and pork. This specific allergy is related to a carbohydrate called alpha-gal and is best diagnosed with a blood test. Although reactions to foods typically occur immediately, in the instance of allergic reactions to alpha-gal, symptoms often take several hours to develop. Owing to the significant delay between eating red meat and the appearance of an allergic reaction, it can be a challenge to connect the culprit foods to symptoms.
I have done sex with my partner with out using any birth control devices during my ovulation period, and on the very next day I have conceived a pill. Before conceiving the pill bleeding occurred. It last for 3 days. And it is not the first time am doing sex with him. What is the solution for it? Why bleed? Am I pregnant?
Please help me Dr. Help krde bahot tension mei hu darr lg rha kahi mai pregnant to nahi. Koi Dr. Mujhe detail mei jwaab nhi de rha aap log Dr. Ho please help krdo. Mai unmarried hu isliye itna stress hai I know meri galti hai but please help me. I have an unprotected sex 2 times with my bf on 17 march and on 24 april. Uske bad 9 may ko mera periods aata hai but mere usual periods se bahot jyada hi difference tha it was just brown blood spotting and only for 3-4 days , mere periods hmesa se 25-26 din pr aate rhe hai kbhi aisa nahi hua or 6-7 din tk rhta hai. 9 may bad 2 june fir se 25 din bad hi mere periods aate hai but phir vaise hi brown bleeding bahot hi km bahot jyada km just a spotting. Or pichle 1 month se I feel early pregnancy symtoms like: headche , constipation , stomach pain, back pain, breast tenderness soreness, nipples tingles and most important white lotion type vaginal discharge. Maine may mei 3 bar urine test kra 1-1 week k gap pr sare negative aaye fir maine 9 june ko b-hcg test krwaya usme hcg (1.20) aaya. Fir maine ek gynaecologist ko bhi dikhaya unhone ultrasound kra btaya ki cysts hai. Medicine di or 10 injection di (placentrax injection) unhone kaha tha ab mera properly period aa jana chahiye ye sari medicine injection k bad. But ab to mera period hi nahi aaya spotting tk nhi hai koi 29 days ho gye hai already kbhi aisa nhi hua hai mere periods hmesa sahi se aate rhe hai.in sab k wajah se mai koi kam nhi kr pa rhi unmarried hu bahot tension mei hu meri training chal rhi jin Dr. Ko dikhaya tha unhe ab 26july k phle dikha tk nhi skti coz mai apni ca training k liye bahar hu kya kru plzz suggest me. Koi medicine hai kya jisse periods properly aa jaye jldi se jldi. Qki inn sari tension mei meri studies mera career sab spoil ho rha. please help me .
The LES valve in the stomach is designed in such a way that as soon as food passes through it, it closes. If however, LES remains partially or fully open, acid produced by the stomach can move up to the esophagus resulting in a burning sensation called acid reflux or heartburn. This condition is commonly known as the hital hernia.
Some of the common symptoms of acid reflux:
1. Consumption of large meals at one go.
2. Lying down immediately after having a meal.
3. Obesity or being overweight.
4. Consumption of snacks just before bedtime .
5. Consumption of certain food items such as chocolate, garlic, onion and citrus-related food.
6. Consumption of caffeine related products such as coffee, liquor and cigarettes.
7. Certain medicines such as aspirin is also known to be a trigger for acid reflux.
8. Pregnant women or patients with blood pressure are known to be suffering from acid reflux.
Tips to deal with acid reflux
There is a wide range of treatment options available for acid reflux. If you are suffering from occasional heartburn, there are some wonderful home remedies that can be tried. However, if the acid reflux recurs more than once in a week, it is best to consult a doctor. Home remedies to deal with acid reflux:
1. Sleeping on the left side is known to reduce acid reflux.
2. Reducing weight greatly helps in tackling acid burn. Patients with obesity are more vulnerable to acid burn.
3. It is best to avoid food that triggers acid burn.
4. Chewing gum greatly helps in countering acid burn. It helps in producing saliva which soothe the esophagus.
5. Intake of One spoon of baking soda every day proves to be extremely effective. Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate which has a pH of more than 7 and can effectively neutralize the acid from stomach.
6. Intake of aloe vera, apple, banana or ginger is known to have very positive effects on acid burn.
7. Intake of 1 table-spoon of mustard can give instant relief from acid burn. Mustard’s alkaline properties can make the acid neutral in the system.
8. Regular intake (one after every meal) of almond helps to fight acid burn
1. If you are buying over the counter, Histamine 2 blockers is a great medicine that instantly gives relief from an acid burn. Typically Doctors suggest this medicine with a higher dosage. This medicine can be consumed half an hour before the consumption of a meal. However, It is best to consult a doctor before consuming any medication.
2. Doctors often suggest medicine from the PPI family. It effectively blocks acid production in the esophagus for a longer duration. Some common medicine from this group includes Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole and Rabeprazole. Although, a doctor should be consulted.
I had sex with my boy friend just after the next day from my last period. I also took emergency contraceptives after two days from intercourse. Now I am bleeding in just 11 day from my last period. There is any chance of pregnancy.
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Numerous individuals with gallstones may be asked to go through surgery to remove the gallbladder. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: The specialist passes instruments, a light, and a camera through a few little cuts in the midsection.
- Open cholecystectomy: The specialist makes bigger cuts in the belly to expel the gallbladder. You may have to spend a couple days in the hospital after the operation.
- Without getting operated: If you have a mild condition and your specialist feels you shouldn't have an operation, he may recommend medicines like chenodiol, ursodiol, or both. These medications work by dissolving cholesterol stones. One may experience mild loose motions as a side effect.
I am 25 years old and my wife in 6+ month of pregnancy so I didn't have sex from last 2 month. Can I sex with other girl and woman.
As much as you would like, an ice cream can't help you cool down in the scorching heat of this summer. Although one may argue that one feels just fine after an ice cream, the truth is that it's only temporary. Cooling foods are what you should have as they help to cool heat and cleanse toxins from the body.
Here are some of the foods that help cool down your body naturally:
1) Cucumber - Not surprisingly, being 'cool as a cucumber' actually holds true. Cucumbers are fruits that help keep the body hydrated. Keeping your body cool during hot days is vital to your health as it can help prevent a number of complications such as heat strokes and dehydration. Munching on cucumber slices and hummus is a good way to beat the heat and stay cool.
2) Watermelon - This quintessential beach fruit is yet another one which would help you beat the heat. This seasonal fruit acts like an internal air-conditioner, and is rich in water, helping in reducing body heat to a large extent while keeping you hydrated.
3) Peaches - Peaches are not only delicious but are very rich in vitamins A and C, which help in keeping your body cool. Besides, these vitamins also help in maintaining healthy skin and provide useful calories to the body.
4) Apples - Apples are fruits that help to fill you up and cool down your body at the same time. They contain about 4g of fiber and around 95 calories and are enriched with a soluble fiber called pectin, which stops hunger and helps in shedding weight.
5) Pineapple - Along with banana, cucumber, and some other fruits, pineapple helps to make a healthy smoothie. These ingredients have cooling properties, which hydrate the body and help to clear the heat. Also, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which reduces inflammation in the body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 5 Fruits That'll Help You Keep Your Cool This Summer