Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Mohan
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay MohanYour feedback matters!
My wife is having high Cholesterol and Doctor advised to take some tablets permanently for ever like for BP, Thyroid etc. Are there some treatment to bring it down to normalcy and thereafter to discontinue the tablets for the same. My understanding is that all organs in our body have specific or combined functions for the upkeep of the body well in all respects .But some times a few or a couple of organs lack strength, becomes weak and unable to carryout their routine duties. We take medicines to bring up these organs to normalcy and there after they take care of the functions. But by putting on medication permanently will make these organs inactive and they lose the natural behavior. Is that correct? Why So?
Meri mother in law ne kuchh din pehle apne 16 to 18 Teeth jisme Daad bhi shamil hai, ab kuchh din se unako b. P. Reh rha hai medicine bhi le rhe hai lekin b. P. To control hai kabhi kabhi high ho ja rha hai lekin medicine lene se unaki bhukh khatm ho gyi hai roz subeh unake pet mai gas ho jaati hai or unhe lagta hai ki unki jeev moti ho rhi hai or kamjori bhi kaafi aa gyi hai. please btay kya karna chahiye echo karwai thi bo bhi normal hai.
Sir, I am kesavan. I am aged 60. I have BP (High) for which I am taking medicine. I have been taking medicine for the past 35 years. Though, I am physically alright, I have the feeling of irritation around heart sometimes. I am a vegetarian. I am very strict to diet. I apprehend the feeling of irritation around heart would continue throughout. I am worried much because of this problem. Please advise me for suitable medicine. So that, I can skip this problem for your valuable advice. Kesavan.
Sir my mother is suffering from high bp it reached highest 160 100 from 2014 she started taking stamlo 5 now bp is under control but we don't know from how many previous year high bp was there and some times she fall sudden for 2 min and pain in chest please guide.
I am having BP since 2008 and taking medicine on regular basis Stemilo 25. Since last 9 year I was regularly monitoring it and its always in range last night it was 140/110 it was suddenly shoot up due to some family stress taken complete rest and in the morning now it is 118/82. Sir do I need to change medicine and any suggestion for keeping it under control I am regular moderate alcoholic drinker too.
How to reduce total control I.e 233 ,my age is 34. Hdl 56, ldl.135, triglyceride 256 How can I control on cardstock.
Atrial fibrillation is a condition that results in rapid heartbeat leading to heart failure, stroke, and other cardiac complications. In this condition, the upper valves of the heart beat irregularly. Some of the common symptoms of this condition include weakness, heart palpitations and shortness of breath. There could be several episodes of Atrial fibrillation. Although it is not life threatening, there could be serious complications owing to the nature of the condition. Atrial fibrillation can also lead to a condition known as the ischemia.
What are the different types of Atrial fibrillation?
- Occasional- This condition is also known as paroxysmal fibrillation. Here the symptoms come and go. For few patients, the symptoms might stay for a few minutes, for others, it can stay up to hours before everything becomes normal again.
- Persistent- The beat of the heart does not go back to normal. Medication along with electric shocks might be required to amend the condition.
- Long-standing persistent- This is the kind of Atrial fibrillation that can last up to 12 months at stretch.
- Permanent- This is the type where the erratic rhythm of the heartbeat can’t be restored. Long term medication is required to fix the condition.
What are the possible causes of Atrial fibrillation?
Some of the possible causes of Atrial fibrillation include Coronary artery disease, sleep apnea, viral infection, lung diseases, exposure to tobacco, caffeine, etc, metabolic imbalance, hyperactive thyroid gland, viral infections, congenital heart defects, stress due to illness, pneumonia and surgery, history of heart surgeries etc.
What are the risk factors for Atrial fibrillation?
Here are some of the common risk factors for this condition:
- Age plays a critical role in any cardiac related disorder. The older a person is, the greater are the chances of Atrial fibrillation
- High blood pressure along with unhealthy lifestyle can increase the risk of Atrial fibrillation
- People with a history of obesity can get this disease
- Chronic conditions such as kidney disease, metabolic syndrome, thyroid problems can lead to Atrial fibrillation
- People with an existing heart condition such as heart problem, heart palpitation, valve failure, coronary artery disease etc have an increased risk of suffering from Atrial fibrillation.
How is Atrial fibrillation diagnosed?
A doctor might use one of the many tests or diagnostic technique that are available to diagnose this condition:
- ECG- This is first but an important test to fathom whether there are any irregularities in the heart beat. The sensor presents in the ECG machine throws heart bit diagram in the form of graphs.
- Echocardiogram- This is a technique wherein sound waves are passed through the heart and an image is taken to understand about any possible irregularities. This is a fine test that can readily detect underlying and structural heart diseases.
- Blood tests- Blood tests can help to identify any thyroid irregularity or other condition that might lead to Atrial fibrillation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.