Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Mahajan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay MahajanYour feedback matters!
Last week I have travelled from Hyderabad to Shiridi, and again immediately from Hyderabad to Bangalore. When I was in Bangalore I had cold, cough and fever with 100.3 degrees. I have taken Ambrodil syrup and Dolopar tablet. Fever is fine now but I have severe cough since last night. Today since a hour I am getting continuous cough, anything that can be done to get my cough down. Between I have Sinusitis and I am not taking any medication for it. Please advice.
There is problem in mouth I cannot eat any spicy thighs because there are chhala in my mouth, what is best solution of this ?
I am 45 years old male I have diabetic problem Pls advise diet plan so that I will reduce my diabetic and also advise medicine.
Sir I am 16 years old. I am suffering one problem that my erected pennis is just of 8.5 inches is this satisfies my partner or is this enough for reproduction? What can I do.
Muje asthma ki problem hai by birth and Mai phle asthalin and budecort leta tha till I was 16 but after that Maine inhaler Lena chod Diya kyunki doctor ne bola tha ki jab jarurat ho tabhi Lena. But now I'm 22 and experiencing extreme ghabrahat, sweaty face and sans bhi fulti hai during stairs climbing or workout. So ab Mai inhaler Lena chahta hu but konsa lu asthalin ki budecort ki both? And also tell me budecort KB lete hai and asthalin KB lete hai and kitni puff leni hai regular?
I am 23 years old, a hardworking and takes work pressure easily, I have to do my job with smartphone and laptop working near about 8 hours in a day regularly. I take it easily. But now a days I feel dizziness little bit, sometimes.Is it related to my work, which I have done in laptop and smartphone? Please help me what should I do?
Heartburn can be a very discomforting condition and affects almost everyone at some point in his or her life. This is a condition wherein the stomach acids back up through the esophagus resulting in a burning sensation, especially near the chest area. Quick-relief medications can help you deal with them for a particular episode. However, recurring deposits might warrant changes in diet and lifestyle. Some of the long and short term remedies are mentioned below:
Short term remedies to deal with heartburn
- Eat a banana: Since, banana is a natural antacid, it eventually helps in reducing the acid levels in the stomach. Also, as it is rich in fiber it helps in removing toxins from the body.
- Use baking soda and water as a home remedy: This is another quick fix if you don’t have anything at home when suffering from heartburn. If you mix half to a full spoon of baking soda with water and then drink slowly, it will immediately help relieve symptoms. However, don’t make this a regular remedy as it may cause side effects such as nausea and swelling.
- Ginger root tea: Making tea with ginger is another great home remedy which can easily relieve heart burn.
- Chew gum when you have heartburn: This is helpful as the constant stimulation within the mouth due to chewing gum helps with saliva production. The excess production of saliva helps wash away the acids that have built up in the stomach. Once the acid recedes, it helps in relieving or eliminating heartburn.
- Aloe Vera Juice: Drinking aloe vera juice helps in relieving heart burn very easily. It helps control inflammation in both the esophagus and the stomach and relieves pain from heartburn. However, regular use isn’t recommended as it can act like a laxative.
Long term lifestyle changes
- Change your Sleeping habits: Try to sleep on the left side of your body and ensure that your upper body is in a slightly raised position as this will stop the stomach acids form coming up into the esophagus.
- Watch what you eat, when you eat and how quickly you eat: It is advisable to not only maintain a fixed time of eating but also try to eat slowly as it give the stomach more time to adjust in digesting the food, thereby ensuring controlled secretion of the acids.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: These are common triggers for heartburn and avoiding them will show results in a relatively short period of time. It is advisable to stop smoking and reduce alcohol consumption to once a week or even lesser.
- Wear loose fitting clothes: Wear clothes which are loose as this would free up your stomach. Tight clothing can push stomach acids up the esophagus and it is advisable to loosen up clothing to relieve symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!