Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Kumar
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor! Hope so im sharing my concern to a psychiatrist! I'm 26 years old female. For past 7 months I have been in severe guilty conscious and the stress has increased so much feeling bad of myself. Let me tell you about me first, I'm a well educated girl from respectable family with loving and more affectionate mom and dad. I'm open minded but stick to the values and ethics. Im a person who wants to be true and pure (physically and mentally) Now the problem I'm undergoing is, all my ethics and values have been lost due to the past relationships, where I thought the relationship was true, but I was ditched. I was in relationship with one for 2.5 yrs, everything was going good but as usual many misunderstandings came because of friends between me and him, many arguments. So I thought both life needs to be good in future, so I broke with him.(we were physically close, but don't cross the limits, Im virgin) After all the mental pains I went through for 6.5 months,my Ex was still insisting that we will go for another try, but as I was already frustrated with what happened, I dint change my mind. After 6 months my Ex told that he is in contact with one of our common friend and that girl is back of him and he too went for that girl because of frustration I have. Though I was not ready to take him because of fear. I wanted him to come back leaving all doubts. But when I got to know that he got committed to another one, I was completely shattered to pieces! Meanwhile I got introduced to a guy in my training and he was back of me, told like I don't want anything about your past, I want to be with you in future. First I was not convinced due to having past experience and feeling towards him. After one month, I made my mind that life should go on and it should not get stagnated. And accepted with heavy heart after seeing his acts and behaviour towards me and we fell in love. I was very true to him. I told I want some time to come out of my past, he accepted for that. Everything was fine, but later after one month he told there is no future for us! I wondered he is confused and time wil heal everything. We continued talking and meeting. We were physically close too (same here, dint cross the limits, I'm a still a virgin) Things dint change up even after 3 months. After training was over, I got to know he is relationship with another girl. Again broke into pieces. I felt like ditched and cheated to core. I was moving with my guilt of being physically close! I believed him and my Ex also, so I gave them space. But things changed. After few months I got to know that my Ex broke up that girl because he had intense feeling on me and some family problem from girl side for their marriage. Later we both started speaking and I told him what and all happened, he dint believe that I will do so and go for another one. He felt very bad and scolded that fellow over phone. We had and have love for each other, but because of past arguments and fights I started away. Now he is ready to take me even after knowing that I was close Intimate with that fellow. But he feels more bad and thinks A lot about it. I being more touched with self-conscience. My mind is not to ready to take what and all happened. And I don't want his (my Ex) life to be filled with memories that I was intimate with another fellow lifelong. Now my mind is full of guilt, guilt and only guilt! I'm feeling like going back to Ex who accepts after knowing all the things. Ready to speak with parents. Is not good for both our future, As the thoughts will ruin our both future! He is a person who strongly thinks about what and all happened and use to worry for it and in anger he will tell all those things and fight without knowing. This will ruin both our lives. I'm having so much guilt and feeling so sick and bad! I feel like I crossed my boundaries and made myself fall in well! Please help me out of this! thanks doctor.
What is sexual desire?
It is the attraction that manifests itself in a physical way, which leads to sexual excitement, peak and intercourse for satisfactory sexual activity. This is considered a normal part of the physiological make up of human beings. Yet, there are individuals who suffer from complete lack of desire, which may be categorised as an often unnoticed health issue. This can affect both men and women. So what else should you know about lack of desire? Here's our list!
- Lack of Desire for Women: Women often go through phases where they experience complete lack of sexual desire. This could be due to a variety of reasons, starting from hormonal changes to stress. This condition is usually known as Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder for women. This can be due to a combination of physical as well as mental factors.
- Lack of Desire for Men: Lack of desire for men is usually characterised by a condition known as erectile dysfunction where the patient may have a problem in getting and retaining an erection for long enough to go through with a complete cycle of sexual activity. The causes for this may range from ailments like low testosterone, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, to stress.
- Frequency: Contrary to popular belief, lack of sexual desire does not happen due to less frequency of sex, for either male or female patients. As per medical studies, there is no set behaviour or pattern that can create low sexual desire.
- Relationship Issues: The issues may range from conflict and lack of performance as well as an utter lack of any kind of emotional stability and satisfaction in the relationship. This is one of the most common causes for lack of desire for both males and females. It may lead to complete lack of sexual interest for females, and stress that causes erectile dysfunction for males.
- Sociocultural Stress: Many times, there are many sociocultural factors that affect conditions like lack of desire. This may include stress due to one's job or peer pressure. In many cases, constant exposure to media executed imagery and pornography can also lead to unreasonable expectations. This can lead to stress and lack of interest in one's partner.
- Medical Issues: Lack of desire may also be a side effect of medical ailments like depression and other mental related problems. Also, chronic physical ailments like endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders can lead to such problems. Lack of desire may happen due to certain types of medicines like antidepressants and contraceptives.
Get to know more about your problem by visiting a doctor in case it becomes a persistent condition so that due treatment can take place.