Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I m27 yrs old I had a gf we decided to get married due to some reason she broke up with me now I m into whole lot of depression.
I am 39 years old. I have too much of work stress. Due to which I feel tightness in my chest and heavy brain. How to reduce my stress?
I smoke on daily basis my age is 29 Years male. Really want to quit smoking but not able to stop so like to know if any suggestion/medication to quit or to stop the craving to smoke. And also please tell me what to do or what to consume to keep lungs healthy for healthy breathing as well. If any medicine then please do let me know. At this age I eat in regular intervals but don't see much body growth abd weight. please suggest me and help me.
Hi I am 27 years old. I have a small scratch on my left arm by a sharp iron piece. At the time time of injury, I did not take any first aid or medical treatment. I left it like that and now it gives a lot of pain everyday. Please help me to overcome this problem?
Dear sir, My mom facing heavy headache and body pain since yesterday morning, could you please suggest which tablet should have. She s diabetes and age s 61.
Dear Dr, My father, who is a doctor (ENT surgeon) not into practice for the last 2-3 years due to some unavoidable circumstances which led to severe depression and lack of interest into public, used to be at home with no physical activity apart from lying on bed and doing ones necessities, encouraged him to go for a morning walk, and went for a morning walk for few days, yesterday he walked fast for first time, Nearly running but did not run, suddenly felt normal tiredness pain on right leg and stopped and now he is suffering from severe backpain on portion above right hip, no issues in walking and standing but in different poses like while sitting on bed keeping weight on left hip it clicks pain. How can I get him relief and also if he would like to start exercise, what are the steps to start with as never did exercise before and it was just a normal walk for 30 seconds which clicked.
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
I am facing below issues 1. Irregular sleep patterns 2. Puking sensation post breakfast or dinner. So unable to intake food properly. 3. No hunger. 4. Have no habit of smoking n drinking. 5. But worried a lot about life. I am settled in a good and well secured job. But wherever I turn I feel pessimistic thoughts of something wrong going around me. 6. I am fine when I am at office. But after returning home, I face all these problems. I feel dejected n depressed. Please advice on any medications for sound sleep since I have nt slept properly for couple of months now. I am very worried that this would continue all through my life without keeping my family happy. Want a solution from you, please.
How I can concentrate in my studies. Give some methods or tips or any type of secret method for study. Please tell.
Sir my age is 33 some time feel pain in left arm I saw Dr. and he gave me pain relief tab and tell do not use pillow in night but now i m also feeling pain.
When I am in 10 the class all subject is remembered .but when I am in my higher education I feel I am very slow give any best suggestion for my best result.
Sir/Madam, At present am a student preparing for government exams but while preparing am unable to concentrate on my studies what should I do please suggest me something.
Is your child irritable? Not eating well or under performing at school?
Relax! Losing your mind and temper won't help.
There are chances that your child is under stress and needs your support during this testing time. Let's gain better understanding of the problem as a mature step towards positive parenting.
Stress, either intrinsic or extrinsic, can affect your child as easily as it may affect you. There are several causes as to why your child may also be stress-laden even at such a tender age. As pre-schoolers, the major cause for stress stems from anxiety of leaving their parents and spending long hours in an external environment. As a child grows up, further causes of stress may include:
- Overwhelming schedule due to large number of academic and extra-curricular activities
- High expectations of parents and pressure to perform
- Lifestyle or status associated peer-pressure
- Conflict between parents / domestic violence / Divorce of parents
- Moving to new town or city
- Serious illness
- Physiological changes during puberty
- Worry about getting along with friends
Warning signals that your child is under stress:
- Aggression: Children are prone to a high number of aggressive outbursts as they are not as much in control of their emotions as adults are. They may often react with physical aggression (biting, kicking, or hitting) or verbal aggression (screaming or abusing). This can, however, be curbed in a number of ways such as setting firm and consistent limits, and avoiding instilling in them the idea of 'toughness'.
- Bed wetting: Though stress and anxiety may not be essential causes that lead to the advent of bedwetting in children, it often accentuates the same. You should reassure your child that you are not angry when he/she has an accident and see the doctor to rule out any other medical causes.
- Hyperactive behavior: When children can't handle stress, they release negative energy. Having temper tantrums, running away, or constantly being disobedient are ways to alert adults that there is a problem. Help your child burn off energy in a positive, calming way. Deep breathing exercises, listening to soothing music, stretching, or yoga help.
- Withdrawal: Social withdrawal and being frequently moody or irritable can often arise from high levels of stress, social fear and anxiety in children. Offer plenty of positive attention and speak to your child's teacher if you suspect he/she is having trouble with friends at school.
- Eating and sleeping disorders: If your child is sleeping less or sleeping more than usual, then it might be an indication that something is not right with your child. Likewise, if there is any change in eating pattern which you find abnormal, then it indicates trouble. This may often stem from stress or anxiety-related issues and hamper the proper growth and nutrient intake in a growing child.
How you can you help your child?
There are several things you can do to help your child work through his/her problems when it comes to combating stress and anxiety. These include:
- Have friendly relation with kids so that they feel free to share their problems/ feelings. Kids generally hide things out of fear. Motivate them to express and share their worries.
- Try to understand the cause of the stress. Talk about their fears and apprehensions. Make them feel they are understood.
- Do not force them to sleep or eat. Encourage to eat well and sleep in time.
- The child should be encouraged to indulge in some physical activities like walk/ jog/sports and relaxation exercises like deep breathing/meditation
- Avoid burdening them with studies and co-curricula activities. Identify their abilities and interest and respect individual limitations. Don't burden them with your expectations.
- There should be sufficient breaks in between studies for rejuvenation. It motivates and enhances productivity.
- Avoid demeaning/insulting remarks. Avoid comparisons with other kids.
- Avoid negative reactions like scolding/sarcasm/shouting/beating. Teach the child appropriate ways of managing emotions like open communication, sharing state of mind with peers and parents and appropriate anger management techniques.
- You should also talk to teachers and peers if you suspect any problem at school and find a solution through their help.
- Teach the child about time management. Let them know how to prioritize work according to importance and urgency of task.