Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay GuleriaYour feedback matters!
Respected Doctor, for last one month I am having pain in my back, approximately behind the heart towards right hand, not on the back bone. Sometime it is very low or feels like shifted. I am feared. Kindly suggest some solution.
I like my best friend and it feels like he too but he says he like me as a best friend only. We have been talking daily since 4 months. I feel like i am addicted to him because i feel like talking to him all the time and whenever he is not there or doesn't reply i get depressed . What should i do?
I have some psychological problems during last 4 years. Symptoms- I have felt very sadness, Anger, Uncontrolled Emotional fillings and unfocused in mind. I have taken medicine last 3 years. The main problem is that the medicines I have taken I thought that medicines are making mè habitual and I am depend on medicines if I don't take medicines even a single day I felt very anger and unbalanced emotions.
My symptoms are matching with neurons damage. I am having memory, concentration and focus problems. I am 19. Am I really having my neurons destroying? Also I am addicted to excessive masturbation. Whom should I consult? Are there any home remedies to cure them rapidly?
My room met have the hepatitis B virus, and he was told me recently , what is the hepatitis , if I have any problem with him in future what I will do I do not use his things but I have so much tension the virus transmit to me.Please tell.
Doctor, I feel anxiety in the morning while going out and always trying to back home.in evening I do exercises and feel good for sometimes then negative thoughts rises.
I always daydream while walking taking classes etc, and I always think something supernatural will happen and save me from my current situation is this some kind of disease?
I am 21 and in profound depression add since 3 yrs. Am unable get back to orthodox state. Can you help me with that? I get distracted easily as well.
Is love make a man fully mad in all works. Fir ex: I am a student and I am in a love but she is not accepting it whether it make the man mad in doing all works. Because I feel too mad on it.Please tell.
I have headache and pain in my eyes frequently. Is this because of study? What should I do in order to get rid of this constant pain.
Iam so un healthy. Full body pains. Can you tel me how can I grow my body. I want to fat. Can you please tel me. Wich food can I eat. speedily grow the fat.
i m crying in everysmall words...feeling fear always..,trying to sucide...feeling alone.....always depressed...m not happy...pls give me solution...i want peace..
I am a engineering student. I forget after some time which some time before read. So please tell to me a solution which my mind work fast and memory strong. And I have interested my study.
I am 37 love failure getting depressed. Every time unknowingly even I am busy I am unable to forget her . To forget her I make my self engage in work . Still no able to forget.
I am losing memory power day by day and forgetting things, Name, spelling, my regular work. It happened me to since one year but I ignored but now days this habit is increasing please help me.
Are you suffering from stress and sleep disorders (Insomnia)? Are you looking for Ayurvedic remedies for improving your sleep? The principles of Ayurveda state that sufficient sleep along with a proper diet, and wise utilization of energy are important for maintaining good health.
According to ayurveda, the vitiation of the three doshas either taken all together or individually may result in to insomnia. All factors, that are responsible for aggravation of vata and pitta ,along with environmental and dietary factors play an important role in sleep disturbances. High vata type of insomnia is caused by Vaata imbalance or mental stress. People, who toss and turn, unable to fall asleep because their mind is spinning, have this disorder. It results with anxiety, worry, and rushed activity during the day. Where as in pitta imbalance there is intermittent awakening. You may fall asleep quickly but wake up frequently with palpitation, body pains, and emotional disturbances such as fear, anger, and sadness. Another pattern is that you wake up before dawn and find it difficult to go back to sleep.
There are certain health principles and ways that you should follow for improving quality of sleep, getting rid of stress and boosting your body’s immune system. They are as follows:
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule- You should be very disciplined regarding your sleep. Try to sleep early which gives you the time to sleep throughout the night. Wake up early the next morning. Your mind is stable, slow and dull from 6pm to 10pm. This is a perfect time for getting good sleep.
- Mindful eating- It is recommended for you to have your dinner early between 6.30 to 7 pm. The digestive fire starts cooling down after the sun sets. You can improve your digestion by eating light, early meals. This is beneficial for your sleep quality. While eating, you should avoid doing other activities such as reading books, watching television, or involving yourself in conversations.
- Oil massage- Oil massage therapy is a primary part of Ayurvedic treatment for stress and sleep disorder. Oil massages on your feet are important for improved sleep. There are nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished because of oil massage. Massaging helps in stress relief, makes you feel relaxed, and improves your blood circulation. As a result of all these, your sleep gets drastically improved. You can choose from several herbal oils for massage.
- Pranayama- Pranayama is considered to be very important for improving sleep disorders and stress. Several rounds of alternate nostril breathing or “naadi shodhana pranayama” should be undertaken on a regular basis. This is effective for the mind, and calms down your nervous system. You are bound to get deeper, and longer sleep of high quality.
- Practice self-compassion- You wellness and health depend considerably on a balance among your mind, body and soul. It is important for you to keep away from negative vibes and always try to be present in a positive environment. You should be mindful over who you talk to right before going to sleep. Ideally, you should switch off your mobile, computer, television, and social media activities, two hours before going to sleep.
- Regular exercise- Regular exercise is very important for you to stay healthy and fit physically, which in turn helps you to maintain a healthy state of mind. This is vital for improving sleep disorder and eliminating stress. Keep away from all types of stimulants during the evening so that your sleep is not affected.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Insomnia
The useful herbs for the treatment of insomnia are:-
- Brahmi: It is a powerful brain tonic, which supports and improves all aspects of mental functioning. It is a calming and tranquillising herb. A cup of brahmi tea or powder or any other preparation with brahmi, taken at bedtime, will induce a peaceful sleep and its regular use will help to cure insomnia.
- Vacha: (Acorus calamus) has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various ailments, such as epilepsy, headache,insomnia etc. it can be taken along with Amla, Brahmi powder at bed time.
- Aswagandha: This is an overall tonic for greater vitality and longevity. It enhances coordination between the mind and senses which, according to Ayurveda, is essential for good sleep. The recommended dose is half teaspoonful of powder taken at night along with sugar+ ghee or warm milk.
- Jatamansi: It has been found to increase levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin. It is a sedative, anti-depressant, and anti-epileptic cardio-tonic and is regarded as one of the most effective remedies for neurosis.
- Valerian: Indian valerian, also known as tagar in Hindi, works on the nerve channels by clearing out toxins from the blood, joints, tissues, colon and nerves. Its basic role is to rejuvenate. However, valerian should not be taken on its own. For, it can have a somewhat dulling effect. It is best used as part of some herbal preparation.