Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Ahuja
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay AhujaYour feedback matters!
My age is 23 years. I am facing this problem since 3 months and I want perfect answer from any gastroenterologist my symptoms before 2 month was semisolid stool with mucus and I saw 2 times bright red blood in very small amount and stomach pain was also there in Lower left side I went near 3 to 4 doctor they all said it's a chronic dysentery my stool report was also normal but mucus level (+ +)veg cell (+ +)also I did stool culture in which no bacterial growth found and also did occult blood test and result was negative my frequency was before 4 to 5 time a day but now frequency is 2 to 3 times a day no stomach pain no blood but still mucus is present in stool my appetite is also normal and some times more visible mucus is present I asked doctor for colonoscopy but they denied me to do that sir please tell me is it chronic dysentery or ibd or any thing else and suggest me any medicine also sir, please.
Now a days I feel that my feet are getting dried. I see wrinkles appearing. Also I feel itching sensation around feet, palms and figures. I am adding oil to the water and take bath now a days. Is my problem due to dryness of skin? Can I use oil for bath?
I am a 42 years old male, I consulted a sexologist for erectile dysfunction after diagnosis the Dr. concluded it as andropause. So I wanted to know weather there is any permanent cure for this in homeopathy/allopathy or ayurveda please advice any medicine for this problem.
Sir mere chikan pox (chechak) hua tha do mahine pahle jiske daag abhi BHI hai ja hi nahi rahe hai. Kuch upaye bataye.
Constipation by itself is not a disease but it a condition in which your bowel movement is infrequent and the stools are hard and difficult to pass.
Constipation happens to most of us at one time or the other and then it goes away naturally. Chronic constipation is constipation which is long-term and it usually signals a deep-rooted medical problem which requires intervention.
Symptom of constipation
While fewer bowel movements is a foremost symptom of constipation, other common symptoms are-
- Trouble passing stools
- Pellet-like hard or small stools
- A sense of being full even after a bowel movement
- Flatulence, swollen belly
- Belly pain
- Throwing up
Medicines like antacids that contain calcium or aluminium
- Changes in your lifestyle and usual diet like travelling
- Having too much of dairy
- Colon cancer
- Eating disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS
- Neurological conditions like Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis
- Inactive lifestyle
- Less water and fibre in diet
- Overusing laxatives
- Problems with the muscles and nerves in the digestive system
- Drugs like pain medications and narcotics, antidepressants, or iron pills
What should you do?
Constipation can be handled by taking simple steps like:
- Drinking four extra glasses of water a day over your normal intake.
- Drinking warm water in the morning.
- Adding more fibre to your diet by eating more fruits and vegetables.
- Eating more bran cereal and brown rice.
- You can use a very mild over-the-counter stool softener and laxatives like magnesium hydroxide. But take care to not use them for more than two weeks at a time. If you don’t get any relief, it’s time to call your doctor.
- Constipation happens out of the blue and is not a new problem for you.
- You see blood in your stool.
- You are losing weight.
- You are experiencing severe pain during bowel movements.
- Your constipation is more than two weeks old.
- You are getting pencil-thin stools.
The following tests are recommended to unearth the reasons behind chronic constipation:
- Blood tests to check hormone levels
- Barium studies a kind of test which looks for blockages in your colon
- Colonoscopy which again looks for blockages in your colon
A type of constipation which is due to pelvic floor /outlet dysfunction. This may need biofeedback therapy. At times some kind of minor surgery
Constipation really is very amenable to diet and lifestyle changes. Eat a well-balanced diet and go for light, regular exercise to prevent chronic constipation. Also, drink two quarts of water every day to keep yourself regular.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!