Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hello sir from past 5 to 7 years I am suffering from premature ejaculation and also not getting proper erection which annoys me very much . I can get erection easily but couldnt hold it for long time please suggest me some medicine which can increase my sex timing I tried so many exercise like kegel but does not give proper results .i m a smoker. please reply me soon.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life.
Sir, I am very weak & dull. I eat more food but didn't get a good health. So pls sir tell me what should I do for my good health & body?
Hello doctor! I'm 21 years old (female) and I've been having an upset stomach (diarrhea, abdominal cramps with 1 or 2 episodes of vomiting) more often than I used to. I've observed this happens when I consume chicken. However, after consumption of chicken, my health is sometimes absolutely fine while sometimes it isn't. I do not get why this happens. Also, I have anxiety issues which only aggravate my already miserable condition. What could be the reason behind the frequent upsetting of stomach? And how can I avoid this and consume chicken safely? And why is my digestive system so poorly functioning? Thank you.
I am taking Bupron XL 150 mg for depression. I am diabetic and asthmatic also. I am taking glyciphage 500 mg 1-0-1 and Salbutamol 2 mg 1-0-1 for Asthma. Will this cause hyperglycasema and will it react with anti-asthmatic drug? Please advice.
I have back pain and fever for last one month, I have shown in government hospital but they are unable to recognized my problems. What to do? Please advise.
I am getting tired very soon Now I jave stopped masturbating also Wat should I ear to increase my stamina.
From last fifteen days, at evening and night time after every 15-20 minutes I go for urine. What can I do.
Hi sir my nasal bone was bended when my child throwing mobile phone on my nose. Some fracture is done. And doctor prescribed antibiotics for me. But is the nasal bone fet straight naturally?
I am 56 years old, recently I had gone through colonoscopy as I had stomach pain and gone through USG and finds gaul stone. Side by side doctor advice to go for colonoscopy and the result of colonoscopy is: ILEUM - MULTIPLE DEEP LONGITUDINAL ULCERS WITH EXTENSIVE MUCOSAL NODULARITY AND MILD NARROWING IN TERMINAL ILEUM - SEEN UPTO 15CM. What is meant for and what is the treatment ?
I have gray patch with red border under bust and around vaginal area. I feel like scratching after searching it become red. Its speeding now. Before it was dots now it's spreading and becoming patch. I use v wash daily. I have also applied itch guard and clean dry but now use it just give me relief from itch for some time. I think searching is more physiological when I scratch once I feel Iike more.
I want to increase my testosterone level in my body. I am feeling weak and also suffering from hair fall from all over the head. Please suggest something that work and help to grew new hairs on my head.
I am very much attracted to have sexual intercourse by paying money. I have attained that age. But I am too mch afraid of getting hiv. What are the measures I can adopt to prevent it 100%. Condom I already know. What about prep and pEp? Please suggest what to do.?
My mother is 42 years old and she has intestine infection. She also has anaemia. What should she do?
Am 32 years male married 4 years ago. I have Erectile dysfunction and my marriage is not consulted. My wife hymen ia still intact. She is very sensitive and needs lots of time to relax and then penetrate. But as am with ED its impossible. Her question is can I make her unconscious after foreplay arousal and then stretch her hymen by fingering while she is unconscious. Is it safe to do. Please reply.
Dear Dr. I have anxiety problem fell sometime shortness of breath. Going through stairs very slow otherwise big breathing problem. All heart test done normal. Not diagnosed. Pls.suggest me what to do. librium.or Montair-lc. Help me but not fully satisfied.
Polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS is a fairly common female hormonal disorder in which the affected woman produces a surplus of male hormones like testosterone.
And these high levels of androgens produce typical symptoms of PCOS like irregular ovulation or no ovulation at all.
The absence of ovulation, which actually makes a mature egg to release from the ovary every month, results in infertility.
What happens in PCOS ?
Most of the patients having PCOS are seen to have cysts in their ovaries. These cysts cause some hormonal disturbances. One hormone triggers the release of another hormone and so on. Therefore deficiency or excess of a particular hormone can cause imbalance in many other hormones too.
In PCOS, the levels of androgen are raised more than the normal limits. Androgens are the male hormones. They are present in small quantities in normal females. When the levels increase, these can cause disturbance in menstrual periods and cause delayed menses. Facial hair and hair on other parts of the body start appearing in females which are otherwise not present. The normal ovulation cycle also gets disturbed and ovulation gets delayed or does not happen at all.
Other symptoms of PCOS are –
- Heavy vaginal bleeding because as the women with PCOS don’t ovulate and have normal periods, the lining of their uteri becomes thick leading to heavy bleeding and sometimes uterine cancer.
- Weight- gain
- Heart problems
- Irregular periods
- More hair on body
- Depression and mood swings
- More chance of getting type-2 diabetes as these women are resistant to insulin
PCOS has no cure in mainstream allopathic medicine but Homeopathy can help alleviate PCOS symptoms in an effective manner though it takes time and patience.
Homeopathy For PCOS!!
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is curable with the Homeopathic mode of treatment. Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effect. Which Homeopathic medicine is required to extract the disease from its roots varies from case to case. Both the physical and mental spheres of the patient are thoroughly investigated while prescribing the Homeopathic medicine. The complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups.
Let’s take a look at a few homoeopathic cures for PCOS:
- Sepia: This is touted as the best homoeopathic remedy for the cure of PCOS. The symptom that gets cured with sepia are late and scanty periods in women. The ovaries are enlarged and have fluid-filled cysts inside. Sepia is very effective in normalising menstrual flow. It also tackles abnormal hair growth on the face, especially on upper lips.
- Pulsatilla: This homoeopathic medicine is excellent for starting menses that have been suppressed for a long duration. In such patients, periods are scanty and accompanied by pain. Pulsatilla works by removing the obstacles that cause the periods to be suppressed and this helps in the normalisation of periods.
- Calcarea Carb: It normalises prolonged and profuse periods. Women presenting with the symptom of obesity are also helped by using Calcarea Carb.
- Natrum Mur: It not only treats irregular periods but also helps the women conceive.
- Thuja Occidentalis: This is the definitive homoeopathic medicine for treatment of retarded menstrual flow. Other indications for its use are the presence of multiple cysts in an ovary. Thuja has the innate capacity to dissolve and get rid of abnormal growths anywhere in the body. Thus, it is very effective in dissolving ovarian cysts too. Most women who require Thuja have cysts in the left ovary. Apart from this, Thuja is also very effective in treating hirsutism due to PCOS.
It is wrong to claim that homoeopathy treats PCOS completely. But it does work in correcting hormonal imbalances, regularising ovulation from the ovaries and restoring and normalising the menstrual cycle.
Homoeopathy may also help in dissolving the ovarian cysts which effectively eliminates the need for hormone therapy and surgery- the two common cures for cysts in allopathy.
If you are suffering from PCOS, we suggest that you consult an experienced homoeopath and take medicines rather than self-medicating. This is because a homoeopath will not suggest the same medicine for PCOS to two different patients as PCOS cure needs an individualistic approach. Also, manage your weight and stress levels to get relief from PCOS symptoms.