Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Vidyesh SaranYour feedback matters!
I have smoking habit and now I am planning to quit smoking suddenly on one day. Quitting smoking suddenly on a day is good choice or quitting it slowly by reducing the number of cigarettes preferable? One of my friend said that one should not quit smoking suddenly on one day we need to slow down smoking day by day. Is that true?
I am 18 years old and my body is very tired all time and my head was pain very. And my body is pain very very.
I'm unable to concentrate on my studies and even if I get prepared well but still I forget. Too many unwanted things distract me. I can't even study for an hour.
I am just always talking with myself .i am not interested in talking with others. I just always remain happy in myself and I feel depressed all the time and I also have headache always please tell something.
I am suffering from anxiety and insomnia for last 7 years. There is slight depression because of negative thinking and feel bad and tired even of slight adverse event which continue to come in my mind. Taking Zapiz .25 mg or equilibrium tab.
I am so weak and that's why I don't concentrate on my studies. Is there any solution to balance my mind and health?
I have one big problem that I cannot control my angerness. Please suggest me some solution regardless this issue.
My sister is 36 years old and suffering from Psychotic depression since 1.5 years and also suffering from Thyroid also. Doctor has prescribed an injection of CLOPIXOL DEPOT 200MG (INTRA-MUSCULAR DEEP) EVERY 15 DAYS. Is it right to give this injection to her. It's been 1.5 years and the changes we wanted to see are still not getting visible. I want my sister to get back to normalcy ASAP.
Im having depression problems like I get emotional very soon like if my child do little naughtiness I get very irritating I was not like this before I happened like this because my husband doesn't like me can you please do something for me.
Sitting in class with teacher teaching ,me trying to focus; but I gets distracted by the movements of students nearby. While looking at the whiteboard, I feel like I can see 180 degrees. I also feel affected that I should not do that and as a result I end up not looking at the whiteboard and thus becoming poorer at academics. The neighbouring students feel like I am looking at them indecently (at their private parts which I do not want to) and all this causes headaches and increases my anxiety levels to a next level every week.(i wear glasses. Tried medication from youtube but it effect lasts for some time .after that terrible mood swings occur .i am in constant analysation .can not do even a basic thing (which I used to do 2 years back) without pondering over it. I just want to get over it as I feel like I have ruined my life Please help doctor ?What should I do? What the average time by which I would be able to overcome this?
I am 39 years old, and I am being treated for bipolar affective disorder alongwith counselling and a specified course of medications. But I have a laziness throughout the day but in the evening time I feel better. Please tell me whether I should consult a hypnotherapist /not? I am from family with severe socio-economic problems.
I am 34 yrs old male severely suffering from sleepless nights since last 1 yr. I have consulted phycratic doctor. My doctor recently prescribed dichorate er 750+500 solian 300 sizopin 50 but rhe side effects of sizopin 50 is that the whole next day I have to sleep and when I wake up I have my head hanged on I want sound sleep and fresh every morning please advice with medicine I also have tremendous itiching problem through the body but sometimes in the whole day I commit that I have taken 90 pill of ayurvedic medicine for weight gain and muscle gain when I was 19 yrs old and after that I had tremendous problem with fat contents of food. I mean to say whnever I ate fatty food ihad problems like head hanged on, constipation etc I continued for 5 yrs medicines I have taken: qutan, qutipin, lithosun, diva od, ativan mg (but no effects on sleep)
Hi, I came in touch with one of my old friend few months back. Initially we used to talk with each other a lot and started liking each other. He used to respect my feelings so much but then after some days his behavior totally changed. He treats me as a stranger. I asked him for the reason of this change but he is never ready to discuss. It really is hurting me a lot and feeling so restless. Can't concentrate on my work as well.
My wife is very moody, has got lot of fallacies, does not believe me for no reason, does exactly opposite to what I suggest, she makes small issues into big ones, least afraid of any one in the society we live or in relations and many more issues. Do we have medicines or required any brain surgery? will hypnotism will be a good idea? please let me know.
Feeling tired all the time? Do you feel that you can’t focus on things anymore? Have you lost interest in things and people you once loved spending time with? Does your temper fly off the hook at the drop of a hat? If it is a ‘yes’ to the questions above, then you might be slowly but steadily succumbing to depression. Depression is a psychological disorder that is characterized by symptoms of extreme sadness, worthlessness and hopelessness over a prolonged period of time.
- Lack of Interest: This is probably the starkest of all the symptoms. Hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy once no longer catch your fancy. You do not find little or no pleasure in social activities or any other hobby of yours anymore.
- A constant Feeling of Hopelessness: You tend to develop a negative outlook towards life in general, as you feel that the current situation will never get better and will only worsen.
- Loss of Appetite: Loss of appetite is a common feature of depression; it can also lead to rapid weight loss. If engulfed by depression, one generally tends to ignore food completely, remain hungry, both of which contribute to the vicious cycle that depression is.
- Changes in Sleep Patterns: Insomnia is a condition that is marked by a sheer inability to sleep, no matter how physically exhausted one is. Depression tends to exhibit this particular symptom in maximum cases. However, oversleeping, or sleeping more than the sufficient hours is also common.
- Reckless Behavior: Depression makes one more prone to reckless behavior; one generally develops an angry and irritated persona; this in turn, may make one to exhibit reckless and rash behavior.
- Lack of Energy and Focus: Depression causes one to feel fatigued and sluggish the entire day. Factors such as a total loss of appetite contribute to this particular symptom. Stemming from these symptoms are two other major occurrences; an inability to focus on anything and an inability to decide on anything.
Self-help, Coping tips and Treatment-
- Connect with different people: Being isolated from the rest can and usually aggravates symptoms of depression. So, reach out to other people and your loved ones; talk to your loved ones and try to empty your mind when you are having a one-to-one with them. Interacting and talking to others will make you feel better and should go a long way in taking that huge rock off your chest.
- Try to ditch that sedentary lifestyle; go out in the open: An early morning jog can feel daunting at first but the benefits are immense. Exercising regularly has been proven to be as effective as anti-depressants in combatting depression. Even a 20 minutes jog early in the morning releases ‘endorphins’ in the body, also known as the ‘feel good hormones’. These hormones induce a feeling of happiness and relaxation, thus taking your mind off any particular event or circumstance that has been ruining your sanctity of late.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Avoid alcohol and drugs to come out of your sadness; they have never helped and will never help. Taking these substances provides a temporary solution to depression, as it will again show up once the effects of the intoxicants wear off. It will also interfere with other medications that you may be taking to combat depression, thus reducing their potency.
- It’s high time you bought the meditating mat: Sleep has a beneficial effect on your mental health as it has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive and brain functions. Another way to improve brain function and be more relaxed is to meditate regularly. Meditation induces a state of relaxation, and if done on a regular basis, can be an effective treatment for depression. Meditation also helps with an improved focus and reduced anxiety.
- Medications can always help: Medications such as anti-depressants are administered to treat depression. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), including citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline are the most commonly administered medications to cure this condition. However, it is advised to try the abovementioned methods first so that you do not have to depend on medications alone; the reason being that these medications do have their fair share of side effects.