Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya JyotiYour feedback matters!
The process of ageing differs from person to person. Some tend to age faster than their biological age in comparison to others that look refreshingly young always. This ageing process is often dependent on your lifestyle, dietary habits and environment and all the other habits that you maintain every day.
Let's have a look at some of your habits that may be are responsible in making you look older:
- Bad sleeping habits: Your body needs to reinvigorate itself every day and for this to happen, you need to make sleeping a priority. While everyone's sleep requirements are different, seven to eight hours of fitful sleep is required daily.
- Having a sweet tooth: Excess of anything is not good, especially when you're not exactly sweet sixteen always. A diet with an overt emphasis on sugar, will only add to your waistline. Its end products tend to damage the collagen and the elastin, leading to saggy and wrinkled skin.
- Smoking: It is a known fact that is damaging to your health, but it also speeds up ageing. Its harmful chemicals deprive your cells of oxygen leading to a pale appearance. They also break down the collagen in the skin, once again leading to wrinkly skin.
- Drinking: Being a natural diuretic, alcohol causes dehydration. This robs your skin of its natural moisture, making you look much older. It also rids your body of Vitamin A and C that are antioxidants important for making your skin to make it look supple and well hydrated.
- Exposure to sun rays: Sun rays only do more harm to your skin than good. Exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun can weaken your blood cells, which can make your skin look leathery. It can lead to pigmentation of skin as well followed by sagging and wrinkles.
- Not enough veggies: Veggies are essentially antioxidants that help you look youthful, but they only last for so long and must be replenished daily. It is important to take care of your body and making small changes to your everyday routine can go a long way to slow that ageing process and make you look young and refreshing.
I am 20 Weeks pregnant I have gone through TIFFA Scan twice an came to know that my baby is having Levocardia with Abdominal Situs Inversus and dilated bubble the is perfectly normal in both the scans and as per some doctors advice I have gone for 2D fetal echo test that too shows that my baby is not having any problem in heart can my baby live a normal healthy life with no heart defect.
My lmp is 28 feb .in march I have missed period. 8 march I use pregnancy test kit it show negative. 10 march I meet gynecologist they again repeat pregnancy test and it show negative. And ultrasound report is normal. No pregnancy. I say doc to give me medicine she say wait 2 month then she give me medicine. because medicine disbalance my hormone. Give me home remedies to start my period and tell me what is the reason. Now I am feeling dizziness.
Kegel exercises are quite often recommended for women. However, are women the only ones who can benefit from these? Well, actually not. Even men can benefit from these exercises if they practice it regularly. Keep in mind that these exercises are supposed to improve bladder and bowel functioning and improve sexual functioning. So, why can’t men benefit from these?
BENEFITS OF KEGEL EXERCISES FOR MEN
Men are often concerned about their inability to achieve a strong erection and maintain it for a longer time. Another concern among men is premature ejaculation, that is, ejaculating before you or your partner wants. Both erections and ejaculation can have an impact on yours as well as your partner’s sexual pleasure.
This is why men would try anything to achieve a stronger erection and control their ejaculation. The key to both these issues are stronger and firmer pubococcygenus muscles. These are your pelvic floor muscles and if you have control over these, you will be able to control your erections and ejaculation.
These muscles control the flow of semen and urine and are responsible for the firmness of your erections and the power of your ejaculation. These are the muscles that are targeted by Kegel exercises. Regular practice of these exercises will not only help you control your orgasms and last for longer by delaying your ejaculation, but will also improve the sexual pleasure of your partner.
IDENTIFYING THE PELVIC FLOOR MUSCLES
You are probably wondering where your pelvic floor muscles are located. The easiest way to find these muscles is by stopping the flow of your urine the next time you go to urinate. These are the muscles that you will be squeezing when you stop the flow of urine in the middle.
Another way to identify the muscle is to squeeze the muscles that help prevent you from passing gas. Just stand in front of the mirror and squeeze these muscles. If you are squeezing the right muscles, you will see that the base of your penis moves closer to the abdomen and your testicles will rise along with it.
You could also place a finger inside your anus. When you contract the pelvic floor muscles, the anus will tighten.
Keep in mind that it is very important to identify the right muscles here. These are the only muscles that should be moving while you are doing the Kegel exercises. The muscles in your abdomen, buttocks, and thighs should be relaxed during these exercises.
KEGEL TECHNIQUES FOR MEN
The key to doing Kegel exercises is to contract and release them. How you do it is totally up to you. As a beginner, the easiest position to do this is while lying down. You can contract your muscles for three seconds and then release it for another. Repeat this 10 times and then relax. Do another set of 10 repetitions and then another set. All in all try to do three sets of 10 repetitions.
You could also quickly contract and release the muscles continuously for 10 seconds. Take a 10 second break before attempting another set. Here also do three sets. Or alternatively, contract and release for 5 seconds and then take a 5 second break before attempting another set. In this case, do 10 sets.
Another technique is to contract and hold the muscles for 30 seconds and then release. Take a break of 30 seconds and do three sets.
As you become better at these Kegel exercises, you could also aim at holding the contraction for around 2 minutes and then releasing it. You just need to do one set in this case. Once you get more comfortable, you can do these exercises while sitting, working on your computer, or even while standing.
As it gets easier and easier, you could try and do the contracting and releasing technique for more than 100 times a day. Or you can hold your muscles for around 20 minutes, 3 times a day.
You can then practice this technique during sexual intercourse for delaying ejaculation and helping you last longer. It will not only intensify your orgasm but also improve the sexual pleasure of your partner.
Keep in mind that you should take it slowly in the beginning. Never overdo the exercise. Do as many sets and as many repetitions as you are comfortable but do not do too much too quickly.
It usually takes around three months to really notice an effect of these exercises on your erections, ejaculation, and orgasms. For some men, this may happen sooner and for others it may take a little while longer. However, one thing is for sure, practicing Kegel exercises will surely bring about an improvement in your sexual pleasure and make you a better lover.
In fact, if you have problems such as premature ejaculation, try these exercises before even consulting a doctor. You may be surprised to see the control that you are able to have on your ejaculation with the help of these techniques.
What are the names of the tests for detecting pregnancy test through blood and urine if one visits the diagnostic center.
Will eating papaya 3-4 days continuously after having a unprotected sex? Help in not getting pregnant? Is it useful or how much effective?
The word surgery has always been associated with the use of scalpel. However, a new form of surgery called laser surgery has developed, which instead of using the orthodox method uses laser to cure the infirmity. In this form of surgery, laser tuned to specific wavelengths, is emitted on the concerned area with the purpose of vaporizing the tissues that have high water content for the purpose of rectification. It is commonly used in:
- Dermatology and plastic surgery
- Eye Surgery
- Endovascular surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Oral and Dental Surgery
Though the technique involves risks, it has over the years gained immense popularity due to multiple reasons. Few among them are:
- Provides immediate results: This is one of the main reasons why laser surgery is preferred to conventional methods. Commonly used in the eye, laser surgeries result in significant improvement in vision, allowing the concerned person to do away with the dependence on spectacles.
- Precision involved: Using the laser instead of the scalpel allows the method to be more precise and effective than the traditional method. Minimum damage is done to the tissue as there are smaller cuts involved.
- Less time: Due to the technique used, the time involved in laser surgeries is reasonably less, providing more time for recuperation than what is generally allowed in the traditional methods.
- Provides more career options and opportunities: Laser surgery, owing to its technique, offers corrective measures which the traditional method does not. This aspect of the surgery allows the patients to consider and explore other professions which were previously not possible. Professions like air force and the army have stringent rules regarding vision of the candidates. Laser surgery which provides an individual the freedom to operate without glasses and contact lenses also allows him or her to consider such professions.
Related Tip: "How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??"
My wife is 18th week of pregnancy, she is having burning sensation during urinating. It's normal or?
My periods are delayed for 10 days. May I know the reason. I am 22 years old. What is the reason for the above? Initially my periods was for 15 days. But now it is delayed. Y?
Over the last few decades, the word cholesterol has assumed a different connotation. It has come to be known as a silent killer that spells doom for health. However, what we need to realize is that a certain amount of cholesterol is essential for the proper functioning of the body. The liver produces about 85% of the cholesterol that is required by the body normally. The ever changing food habits have introduced a lot of processed foods that are loaded with saturated fats. Along with this, reduced physical activity has led to accumulation of cholesterol in the blood.
The types of cholesterol are based on the density and we have 2 types of density that is Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) and High Density Lipoprotein (HDL). LDL is more dangerous than HDL, called as bad and good cholesterol respectively. In addition, the triglycerides and lipoprotein are also critical indicators of overall cholesterol levels. Depending on a person's age, height and weight, normal levels are derived for each of these four.
Because of their density of the cholesterol molecules, as they are circulating in the blood stream, they tend to get sluggish and settle down along the walls of the blood vessels, referred to as plaque. This plaque attracts more and more cholesterol from the blood and the layer gets gradually thicker. This reduces the thickness of the blood vessels and in severe cases even completely blocks blood flow to important organs like the brain and heart, leading to severe conditions like stroke and heart attack respectively.
However, it is not always that all cholesterol is bad. It is one of the essential things for the proper body functions with the main functions listed below:
- Each cell in the body requires it to form the cell membrane, the protective layer around the cells
- Synthesis of vitamin D is done with the help of cholesterol, which is very essential for skin health
- It also helps in hormone formation. In addition to steroids, other hormones like testosterone, estrogen, cortisol require cholesterol as a main ingredient
- Formation of neurotransmitters and overall nerve function requires cholesterol. This ensures optimal neurological functioning.
So, as noted above, there are, both good and bad aspects to cholesterol. It is not all that dangerous a thing that it is made out to be. The trick is to maintain a good level of cholesterol so that the body's requirements are met, and at the same time, the harmful effects are kept at bay. Some important parameters to manage, include the percentage of bad cholesterol in the blood and the ratio of triglycerides to HDL in the blood. These are considered fair indicators of heart health and if need be, lifestyle changes and/or medications can be undertaken to manage overall health and reduce risk of heart disease and stroke.
Main Yeh Jan na chahata hu ki new baby paida I mean pregnant krneke liye kb sex krna sahi ha? Aur mere bibi ka jo m.c prblm ha woh 3/4 days aage peeche hota hai. Aur is situation me kaun si time sex krne me pregnant ho shakta ha. Kindly mujhe thora jaankari dijiye.
I'm on yaz, after taking my last inactive pill tonight, I did not get my period yet. I had unprotected sex two days ago and yesterday I drank an emergency contraceptive (norlovo). I'm freaking out. Will it be normal to skip a period because of the timing, do I continue tomorrow with my active pills? Do I need to worry about pregnancy?
Me and wife had unprotected sex last night. After that she took an ECP. We did it again accidentally after 15 hours. Do we need to take another ECP or the one consumed earlier would manage things.
I am 40yrs. Old woman. My weight 63kg & height is 5.6 ft. How much gram calcium tablet has to start?
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.