Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vibhu PatraYour feedback matters!
Easy tip for toddler's mumma
When it’s time to feed your child dinner at the end of a long day, it’s a good idea to finish your meal first. Trying to feed a fussy child on an empty stomach will only make you irritable and impatient. Eat first and you’ll find you’re way more patient and energetic to tackle any challenges the dining table may throw up.
My son 3 years old not able to speak clearly. Moreover, he is very active but nt speak clearly. please advice and help me in this regard,
My daughter is 4 years old she often complains about stomach ache and pain in d legs we have consulted 2 to 3 doctors but she still complains about stomach ache sometimes I want to know which medicine aur syrup can be given for immediate relief. And what is the permanent solution for it.
My son is about 8 years old. He is very good in gymnastics, taekwondo, sports etc. Very active. But he is thin. I want him to put on more weight and become little chubby. Please suggest some good food, nutrients, etc so that he puts on some weight. Thanks.
My daughter 8 months old is teething has 2 teeth' s now but is not gaining weight. She was 3. 3 kg at birth and now she is 6kg. Is this normal. What should I do? she is not eating anything lately
Sir, My son who is 2 months old he not doing potty (latrine) on regular basis since one month he has done potty only thrice with the help of medicines request for some good suggestion thanks.
My son is of 6 years and he is having a kidney which is smaller in size since birth. Please suggest the ill effects of the same and whether it could be ever normal in size.
Felling cold and suffering from cough and having a races in the body and body is paining very much and can not suffer from the pain and sometimes there is a small pain in my chest.
My child 5 m old, not drinking lactodex milk, can I use buffalo milk? which food can I feed him? can I give hib vaccine this time?
My daughter is 9 years old she has a problem of bed wetting. I am currently having homeopathic treatment but not really working. Any treatment for this. Reply asap.
My baby is of 2 months now. Due to insufficient breast milk I give her Nan pro formula milk as her feed. 3 times I feed her breast milk and 6 to 7 times I feed her formula milk. Why she have gas problem and secondly can I feed her with bottle during giving her the formula milk?
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorders tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.
My children id 2.8months and having allergy. He is coughing continually if he does not take monticope 4mg tab on a single day. To stop cough we have give him nebulisation. His allergy level is 239. Please advice how can we stop his continue coughing.
Hello Doctors, Good Morning. This is regarding my sons health condition. He has 10 months old baby. When I am try to feed cerelac he has constipated. I have used medicine SORBILINE and GUTCLEAR prescribed by near by doctor. But If I use that then only my son is not constipated. I have stopped both medicine and cerelac I gave him only milk then there is no problem. Help me understand and do the needful. Guide me for foods and as well as my problem resolution. Even motherfeed also giving.
My son is 4 years 10 month old. He is a late talker, he still does not speaks clearly. He can make 3 to 5 word sentence. Few of his words could be understood by others. He did not had any Developmental delay other than speech. He can write well can recite rhymes but words are not very clear. Pls let me know why is there delay in language and how to go about it? (He is physically very active)
My daughter is 3 years n 9 months old. She is suffering from ear pain since morning 6 am. And telling that she has pain under jaw. May be tonsils. No fever. Can I give crocin ds for her pain relief or can you suggest any other medicine?
My niece suffered from a multiple vsd from birth. Now she is 3 months old. Last friday was her sugery (open heart. Doctor said he closes 2-3 holes whatever visible to him. Rest all are small holes. That will automatically close in the coming years as it is muscular.(not pah binding. The lung pressure was high at the time of surgery. But by god's grace the surgery was succecful. Now all the tubes are removed.(drain tube from lungs, tube at neck everything. But still the baby is in intensive care unit. The baby's heart is not producing stable ryhtm for heartbeat even the heartbeat is coming to 115 - 120 but it is not stable. It is not sinusoidal. So my doubt is how long it will take to recover or she will be needing a pacemaker or what?
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.