Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Versha
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VershaYour feedback matters!
I am 36 years old and having one kid of 7 years .again I am now pregnant asper usg 5 weeks with empty embroinic sac seen with no pulsatation but according to my doctor with accordance to my period it is 7-8 week he has advised me for lowcap60 injection USD after 2 weeks is lowcap60 is safe.
If the size of pregnancy is less by 4 to 5 days, what is the reason, what precautions should be taken?
I had spotting for 2 days then normal periods for 5 days can I be pregnant, test was negative though (hcg urine tes) t.
Who doesn't love chocolate? It is one of the most popular guilty pleasures that people like to indulge in. But science has proven that you need not feel guilty while snacking on chocolates because it is actually quite healthy. Not just any kind of chocolate, dark chocolate has plenty of health benefits according to studies. Read on to find out how dark chocolate can improve your life.
- Acts as a stress reliever - In today's busy lifestyle, stress is your constant companion. It is important to keep your stress level under control, as it can lead to anxiety and other damaging conditions. Eating dark chocolate every day has proven to relieve stress to a great extent by lowering your stress hormone cortisol. So, look no further for your stress remedy, than your refrigerator.
- Loaded with antioxidants - There are free radicals everywhere that can cause diseases; antioxidants are such compounds that disarm these free radicals, so it is recommended to eat an antioxidant-rich diet. It has been found that dark chocolate and unprocessed cocoa are replete with antioxidants like flavanols, polyphenols, catechins and others.
- Reduces blood pressure - It has been proven that dark chocolate can reduce blood pressure. The flavanols present in dark chocolate lead to the production of nitric oxide which in turn signals the arteries to calm down and decrease the resistance to the blood flow which leads to a reduction in the blood pressure.
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases - Dark chocolates can reduce the risk of many cardiovascular diseases. Consuming dark chocolate lowers the possibility of cholesterol accumulation in the arteries over time. Experiments have been conducted to show that chocolate lovers have a lower risk of cardiac diseases.
- Enhances cognitive function - Cocoa can boost brain function in the elderly. It increases the flow of blood to the brain which enhances cognitive functions especially in people with mental deterioration.
To enjoy the health benefits of dark chocolate, be sure to invest in organic chocolate which has 70% or more cocoa content. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi madam or sir. My last period Feb 19th 2016. My periods are regular 28circle. March 17th is my period date start. But my period not come. If any chances to am pregnant. Pls tell me.
I have pcos. I don't understand that my ovulation test still positive for 3 days. What does that mean? Is this false positive?
Dear drs, Am working in abroad for the last 5 years. My marriage was before one year, we lived together only 30 days on that month. We tried for a babe but was failure. So this time I bring my wife abroad for a 3 month visit. My wife have pcod. Last June 15th doctor advised for a abdominal and pelvic scan. From the result doctor said that there is no normal ovulation happening. Wife have 150 cm height and 56 kg weight, so doctor given metformin tablet and told us to try. After 6 months of her food control and exercise she got 56 kg from 62 kg. And got periods regular for the last 4 months but this month 4 days late. Before yesterday found a brown color spot from the inner wear only one time, the very next day started the period bleeding and vomiting and headache also. For a baby how can we overcome these problems kindly help as soon as possible. Thanking You.
My aunt age is 50. Menstrual cycle had stopped for her. She had no children ,now she to become pregnant is there any possible way to get pregnancy. please help which methods will help her.
My question is if I have unprotected sex and he comes inside and the same day I start birth control is there any chance I could be pregnant? And it was a Sunday at a regular cycle.
Born as a male but feel like a female OR born as a female but feel like a male. Some persons are unable to feel comfortable in the physical gender that they are born in; their mind, brain, feeling and thoughts are all of the opposite sex. This uncomfortableness in their mind about their physical gender is termed as Gender Identity Disorder.
What's the cause?
We do not know the exact cause of this disorder, but it is hypothesized that developmental changes in the brain and the body do not sync, and the brain/mind is left with a different gender than the body. This is mostly an unidentifiable and unpredictable change.
What are the symptoms?
- Children might express a desire to dress up as the opposite sex.
- They might express replusion at one's own sex organs/genitals.
- As adolescence begins, they do not develop feelings of attraction towards members of the opposite sex. Some complain of revulsion about their pubertal changes.
- Males want to pee while sitting down, while females want to do it standing up.
- Their behavior is often more like that of the opposite sex, e.g. boys might display feminine gestures, while girls might indulge in risk taking and reckless behavior.
- As they become adult, a realisation that they are stuck in a body that they do not like causes depression and anxiety.
Diagnosis: A diagnosis of Gender Identity Disorder (GID) is made based on a detailed assessment by a Psychiatrist, who is specially trained in this assessment. WPATH standards mandate that this is an ongoing assessment, and involves facilitating the process of Hormonal Treatment and eventual Sex Reassignment Surgery. The whole process can take 2-3 years.
Treatment: For those who have severe GID, eventual sex reassignment surgery is the treatment and outcome. However, support of family, friends and a Good Psychiatrist can enable a smooth transition. Psychiatrists will often use antidepressants and anxiolytics to make it easier for the person to cope with societal and family pressures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!