Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VershaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years adult girl. And I suddenly have pain in my middle portion of back. What it is and how it can b treated. Should I go for medicines or not. If yes plzz recommend me some medicine.
Menstruation is the monthly discharge of blood from the vagina, which lasts for about 5 to 6 days. It is the shedding of the inner lining of the uterus, when pregnancy does not occur after the release of egg from the ovary. Menstrual periods are generally often accompanied by painful cramps in the lower abdomen, heavy bleeding, weakness, water retention, irritability and malaise.
What is Menorrhagia?
Very heavy or prolonged periods are medically termed as menorrhagia. It is abnormally heavy bleeding if there is a requirement to change sanitary napkins or tampons several times within a very short span of time. Passing large blood clots, night time bleeding, bleeding for over 7 -8 days, are other symptoms that one might be suffering from menorrhagia.
Common Causes Behind It
Menorrhagia is mostly a cause of hormonal imbalances, particularly in the levels of estrogens and progesterone.
Fibroids, cysts or polyps in the organs of the reproductive system, which includes the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes.
History of miscarriage or failed pregnancies.
Use of contraceptives
How can you treat heavy bleeding during menses
Change of diet: You must include more minerals, iron, magnesium and calcium in your diet. Your diet must comprise a lot of green vegetables, fresh fruits and dairy products.
Some non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen may be prescribed to reduce the blood loss.
Certain hormonal therapies to regulate the hormonal imbalances and menstrual irregularities.
Home remedies such as intake of certain herbs, ginger and coriander seeds help to control heavy bleeding.
Increasing magnesium intake to balance out levels of oestrogen.
It is best to stick to natural remedies, as it generally does not create complications in other bodily functions.
If the bleeding cannot be controlled even after a change of diet and home remedies, you must consult the gynaecologist as soon as possible. Heavy bleeding is a serious problem, especially if accompanied by dizziness, fluctuations in the blood pressure, nausea and weight loss. Severe cramps and constant bleeding can hinder daily routine, therefore, the earlier you receive medical attention, the quicker you will get relief.
Throat infections can affect anyone. Your throat will feel swollen and sore and swallowing may become difficult. The flu and common cold flu virus can cause infections along with allergies, bacterial infections, breathing polluted air or smoking.
Conventional treatment only suppresses the symptoms; it also has side effects. Homeopathy focuses on rooting out the disease from within, instead of just concentrating on suppressing on the symptoms. All the homeopathic remedies gradually treat and cure your disease and have no side effects whatsoever.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the best homeopathic remedy for throat infections. Belladonna is also good for Tonsillitis (swollen and red tonsils with white patches inside your throat) and difficulties in swallowing.
- Hepar Sulph: If you have a splinter-like sensation in your throat along with soreness, Hepar Sulph can be very beneficial in treating the symptoms.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is the best medicine for "clergyman's throat" (agitated tickling in your larynx when you speak).
- Lachesis: Difficulty in swallowing fluids when you have a sore throat is best treated with Lachesis. Chronic tonsillitis is also treated with Lachesis.
- Ignatia: If you feel like you have a lump in your throat and you cannot gulp food easily, Ignatia can work well.
- Bryonia: Bryonia is used to treat dry cough along with a sore throat.
- Drosera: Spasmodic, dry coughs with a sore throat are best treated with Drosera.
- Merc Sol: Red, swollen and sore throats are treated with Merc Sol. Throat problems that worsen with weather changes can be taken care of with this medicine.
- Arsenicum Album: If your common cold also gives you a sore throat, then you can opt for Arsenicum Album. This medicine is also useful if you have watery and thin nasal discharge.
- Aconite: Burning and a painful sore throat induced by common cold and sneezing are treated well with Aconite.
- Causticum: Sometimes your throat can get sore from shouting or if you talk loudly at a stretch. In such a situation, Causticum can prove to be beneficial.
- Argentum Metallicum: If your throat is sore and feels raw and worse after straining your voice, then Argentum Metallicum is helpful.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla is mostly prescribed to children with sore throats and mucus formations in their chests.
- Baryta Carbonica: Enlarged tonsils, painful and sore throats in children are best treated with Baryta Carbonica.
Stir one-half teaspoon of baking soda into half a glass of water. Drink this solution to neutralize the acid in your stomach and give your relief from bloating.