Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Veronika
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VeronikaYour feedback matters!
My baby is 9 months old .some times getting sweating back of the head. Is getting any problem and getting any fever. Please suggest.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) report, out of 194 countries, India recorded the highest death rate of children below five years due to indoor and outdoor air pollution. This report also estimated that India has the second highest death rate overall due to air pollution, after Nigeria.
Another report, titled, "Air Pollution and Child Health", estimated that in 2016 approximately 100,000 children (below 5 years) died due to respiratory complications caused by outdoor and indoor air pollution.
According to WHO, about 98% of children below 5 years are exposed to PM 2.5 pollutants in India that exceed normal pollutant levels. These small particles are capable of entering the bloodstream and cause many acute lower respiratory diseases.
This study also estimated that high levels of Polycyclic Aromatic, Carcinogenic Compound and Hydrocarbons (PAHs) have been seen in the sample of women's breasts. This is one of the reasons behind pollutants entering bodies of lactating children.
Diseases Caused Among Children Due to Air Pollution
The report also stated that most of the children who are exposed to these pollutants have respiratory diseases like Leukaemia, Retinoblastoma, Otitis Media, Asthma, Nutritional Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, etc. WHO reports have also established that exposure to these pollutants can lead to many behavioural disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum disorder, insulin resistance, and obesity.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Children who are continuously exposed to air pollutants are at risk of deficiency of Vitamin D. Deficiency of Vitamin D caused many diseases and lower the nutritional level of the body.
- Weak Immune System: Exposure to pollutants can even affect the immune system. High pollutants can alter the ability of the Immune System and lead to disturbance in the Hormonal System.
- Asthma: One of the main problems that occur in adults as well as children due to pollution is Asthma. It lowers the breathing rate of children.
- Pneumonia: Inhaling air with pollutants can block the nasal passage and cause Pneumonia.
- Leukaemia and Retinoblastoma: Exposing a high concentration of pollutants may also lead to many serious issues like Leukaemia (Blood Cancer) or Retinoblastoma (Eye Cancer).
- Lung and Brain Development: Weak immune systems and nutritional deficiencies can also affect the development of organs like Lung and Brain. High pollutant concentration in bloodstream may destroy nerve cells and lead to many behavioural disorders.
How to Protect Children from Air Pollution?
There are many ways to protect children from air pollution. It is also very important to protect the mother if the child is infant.
Some of the air pollution prevention methods are listed below:
- Less use of vehicles. Prefer walking or cycling
- Maximize the use of renewable energy
- Grow plants in houses and surroundings
- Use protection mask while stepping out of the house
- Keep the environment neat and clean
- Routine checkup of lactating mother and child
- Reduce the usage of plastics
- Stop stubble and garbage burning
It's a major cause of concern that India has recorded the highest number of child deaths due to pollution in 2016. We need to come together as a country and start following sustainable practices so as to reduce this menace of pollution and provide a healthy environment for our children.
Benefits of Endoscopic Surgery
I’m Dr. Aparna Jain, Senior Consultant Obstetrics and Gynaecologist.
We are going to discuss about Endoscopic surgery or Laparoscopic surgery in gynaecology. It is basically a pinhole surgery in which doctors don’t open the abdomen. We just put two or three small scar at the abdomen, pet par do ya teen chote scar lagate hain jiske through we can do surgeries.
Various surgeries can be performed laparoscopically or endoscopically like removal of uterus, removal of fibroids from the uterus, removal of ovarian cyst, or ovary me jo gaanth hai uske removal ke lie kar sakte hain, or removal of cyst, any type of cyst like familial cyst or atopic pregnancy i.e, pregnancy inside the fallopian tube. It is outside the uterus and it a is very life threatening condition in which we can do laparoscopic surgery and take out the embryo.
Another issue which can be solved through laparoscopy is the case of infertility. Suppose Somebody, Who is not able to conceive. If there is some problem in the fallopian tube which can be opened by Laparoscope. Endometriosis is another very important problem which leads to infertility which can be corrected laparoscopically.
These are the various conditions which can be dealt with laparoscopy without opening the abdomen. What is the advantage? Why is laparoscopic surgery better rather than opening abdomen?
It is very very important to know about it because logo ke dimag me yeh myth hota hai ki abdomen open karenge toh complete surgery hogi aur laparoscopically agar surgery karenge to wo complete nahi hoga but it is not like that. If we are doing laparoscopic surgery we are having ten times magnification in comparison to a normal eye so it will give better vision, better insight to the disease which we will be able to handle better and the scope of recovery in laparoscopic surgery is much faster than open surgery.
There is not a single large scar on the abdomen. There are multiple, two, three or sometime four scar which is 1 cm or 0.5 cm scar at the abdomen which heal so well that post of pain is very very little after laparoscopic surgery. One is very early, one can ambulate very fast after laparoscopic surgery in comparison to open surgeries and post of addition formation. Sometime, after doing a surgery one landed up in another surgery then, after open surgery there is lot of addition formation inside so second surgery become very difficult but in laparoscopic surgery addition formation is very little so the second surgery becomes easier if somebody has laparoscopic surgery initially. Cosmetically, it is also very good because scars are very less, very little. It is almost an invisible scar in comparison to open surgery.
If you want to consult further, want to know more about laparoscopic surgery or you have any problem, for that you want to consult, you can consult us on Lybrate website.
My son aged 4.6 years has Vit D deficiency. Apart from Vit D rich food which medicine I can give him.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degree she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do.
I have twine premature baby girls. On their born their weight are of 1.2 kg and 1.5 kg. They become 1.5 years now and their weight is 9.6 kg and 11 kg How can I increase their weight.? They often catch cough and cold.
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.