Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Venu ChawalaYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I am a 30 year old female. Had a query about how may I postpone my monthly period. I need to go for pilgrimage as I cannot miss it. My period date is between 5 -7 of every month. Please let me know which tablet I can take and how may times do I have to take it?
Meri girlfriend ka mensuration cycle 21 days k baad hua normal raha pehle 3 din mai uska baad 5th day par kch few drops hotay rahay any serious issue koi problem toh nhi hai?
Sir. I suffer much more stomach ache and back pain and anger in the menstrual period. Is this results any other problems?
I'm married with 2 children's .not doing breastfeeding I am feeling pain in my nipples. please suggest..
Genophobia or coitophobia is the irrational psychological fear of intercourse. It is a type of a phobia and people suffering from it fill all or most of the criteria of specific phobia according to the ICD (The International Statistical Classification of Diseases). Genophobic people may be terrified of sexual intercourse or all acts involving sex. It is different from erotophobia in the sense erotophobia is the irrational fear of sexuality and not the act in itself.
- The causes of genophobia may be attributed to different experiences and origins according to different psychological perspectives. According to the psychoanalytic perspective, genophobia may be caused by the rigid or extremely religious upbringing, which affected the development of ego, making the individual fear all acts that are sexual because it causes moral anxiety and a severe clash of the superego (ethical portion of one's personality)and i'd (primitive component of one's personality).
- According to the learning perspective, genophobia may develop due to an unpleasant sexual experience such as rape or molestation. Rape Trauma Syndrome leads the survivor to relive the trauma several times and develop apprehension. They may begin to fear sex eventually by relating it to the unpleasant experience, eventually leading to genophobia. It may also be caused if the individual observes sexual acts that are traumatizing in nature, in media or otherwise.
- It may also result from severe performance anxiety, especially for those who lack sexual experience and have abstained from sex for a prolonged period of time. There is also a chance that other phobias, such as the fear of diseases, especially STDs, may lead to a fear of sexual acts. Some people might relate sexual intercourse with acquiring diseases, thus leading to the development of genophobia.
Symptoms: Symptoms of genophobia include the fear of sexual intercourse and all acts within, breathlessness, nausea, dizziness, feeling sick and fear of losing control. All these symptoms take place in the context of sexual acts.
Treatment: Genophobia is treated like all other phobias. Therapeutic technique such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (a conversation centric therapy that focuses on how thoughts and beliefs can affect one's actions) is widely used in the treatment of genophobia along with medications. The therapeutic technique varies from patient to patient. For instance, the therapeutic technique used for a rape survivor would be completely different from that which is used for an individual with a fear of STDs. With proper treatment, genophobia is curable, eventually allowing the individual to have a particularly healthy sex life.
After my 1st intercourse with my husband. I'm bleeding for 3 to 4 days. Is it normal. Bleeding was not so high. I am unable to understand my problem.
I am 25 years old female and have heavy bleeding and stomach pain in periods time and I did uterus scanning and report have 12 mm thickness endometrium now wat should I do?
I am 26 years old, married for 5 years but not able to conceive it. Had may uterus scanned 2 days back, results are: normal TSH levels (2.8) and all other things are normal. But ovary size is low (10mm * 10mm) and multiple small follicles are seen in both ovaries.
Mc aane ke baad kitna din baad sex kar sakta hai 29 mc gaya hai fir kya abhi sex kar sakta hai Aur kabhi sex kiya aur pani andar gir gaya toh kya bacha tik jayega.
I am 29 y old. My weight is 70. My organs are working like 47y. How you loose weight and get healthy.
I had semen in my mouth, then I licked my wife's underwear near her vagina. Will this cause pregnancy?
It has been 2 days I am having lower abdominal pains and fluid discharge as its time of my periods and still there is no sign of any blood discharge. Is there anything to worry about should I wait. Or take a HPT.
Hi Year ago I have had an abortion of one month pregnancy. Does this effect the size of vagina. I felt size of vagina large after abortion. I am living in a relationship and my partner is not happy with me. Could you suggest me that how to decrease the size of vagina?
How many times doing sex healthy in a month and what precautions should we follow for being pregnant?
Chances are you make plenty of resolutions each year, but don’t stick to them for various reasons including that some of them are unrealistic or not in your capacity that year: resolutions are easily made and with good intentions too but not easily kept. This time around, why not make some healthy resolutions you can not only actually stick to, but that will also transform your life for the better? Choose what is suitable, but when you do, stick to it like your life depends on it: today that is not an understatement but a fact of life. Good health is equal to a good life. Here are a few gems towards that goal:
1. Include more healthy foods into your daily diet
How often do you find yourself munching on junk food compulsively, just because you are hungry? You may be fully aware of the fact that this affects your health adversely, but still are unable to change your habit. This new year, be strict with yourself and choose healthier options. Abstain from fast foods and have more home cooked meals containing colorful vegetables: the more colorful the better. Replace chips with fruits for snack time.
2. Increase your amount of water intake
Drinking about 8–10 glasses of water every day is necessary to cleanse and detoxify your body, but do you actually drink that much honestly? With the onset of the New Year, make it a habit to drink water instead of quenching your thirst with soda or any other artificially sweetened beverages. If you don’t like having water every time, you may opt for freshly squeezed fruit juices or healthy tender coconut water as well. When we want to wash our bodies externally, we take a bath. To bathe the body from the inside, we need to flush out our system drinking lots of water, everyday.
3. Ensure that your body gets some physical activity daily
You may have set unrealistic workout targets for yourself in the previous years, but this year set more achievable targets. Design a routine for yourself, which consists of some fun and easy physical activities like swimming, dancing, jogging or simply climbing the stairs instead of taking a lift, apart from joining the gym, which can be tedious for some. Do these simple things daily and watch the positive turn your health takes.
4. Stay away from multitasking - at least while eating
If you check your Smartphone while eating, make a resolution this year to never do it again. Abstain from multitasking at least while you are sitting with your family at the dining table. Studies suggest that people who observe their surroundings while eating rather than concentrating on their phone, tend to choose healthier food options and do not overfeed themselves. And people who are present with the food while eating are able to appreciate what they eat and eat just short of being full!
5. Pick up a new hobby
Your health depends on both your mental and physical well-being. So, it’s essential to ensure that you have a peaceful mind besides a fit body. This new year choose a hobby that makes you feel happy, fulfilling, productive, interesting, and fills up your leisure time. It can be anything like reading, singing, photography, blogging or travelling as long as it helps you de-stress. Too much of television wastes the mind by bombarding it with predigested mental foods that do not provoke it to think.
6. Express your feelings
Every feeling, without exception, must be expressed. Unexpressed feelings pick the most vulnerable organ and express themselves in that organ to either lead to malfunctioning or total dysfunction, resulting in your having to finally have the organ surgically removed! When emotions are vented out in appropriate ways, you will feel healthy and stress-free. In fact stress is nothing but the effect of bottled up emotions.
7. Relax, relax, relax
The paradox in life is that the easiest thing to do is to relax. We become tense for little or no reason and create a huge burden on our health. Meditation and deep breathing are the best aids to calm ourselves, and to be at harmony with our inner selves. And a strong connection with this health facet is to have a good night’s sleep and wake up by 6 AM irrespective of whatever time you go to sleep. Retiring to bed should ideally be at around 10.30 pm every night.
Besides considering all these resolutions, make up your mind to stay optimistic this coming year and distance yourself from all types of negativities. This will not only lead you towards happier times, but will also keep you in great health throughout the year.
Remember that in the past diseases chose people, today we chose our disease. The choice is really ours: chose good living over misery and suffering.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My sister has a fibroid in her uterus. The size of the fibroid is 17.82*15.56*14.29.Her CA125 blod report is 32.23.Please suggest
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.