Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Veenu HandaYour feedback matters!
Jyotheswar 21 years old. Usually I am getting pain in stomach, on belly, left of belly, right of belly. I have done all tests in apollo ultrasound, sugar, blood, cub, stool, upper endoscopy. Doctor said small hernia it nothing will do but why I am getting pain randomly. Please help me.
Hello everyone I I am having pain in my left ear .actually there was itching inside my ear so I used my finger to itch and since 5 days it's its paining a lot .please tell me what to do and a medicine .i have taken an antibiotic and candid ear drop but it's its paining still.
I have constipation so I have lot of pain in my stomach please refer me good medicine by which will be perfect?
I am 35 years old male. I am having breathing problem for the past 1 month. I consulted the doctor he had prescribed me with nebulizer n given to puf .inhaler. And asked me take when ever I need. But this is given me relief whenever needed but I need remedy. Please help me out in this.
I am 16 years old and I am sing song I was no stammering but I am talk any other person that time I am stammer so what can I do self therapy.
I am having severe headache in the morning after I get up And before I sleep Not able to sleep properly.
Hi I'm most of the time feel thirsty and also feel dryness in mouth. Even I drink plenty of Water as required. I also smoke is it cause or anything else please suggest.
My brother, who is 14 years old, is suffering from frequent urination during the nights. He is fit otherwise. We got him diagnosed, but nothing showed up in the report too. He is a bit obese but is physically fit otherwise. Please check into this issue and let me know what you can do about it. We consulted several doctors but all in vain. Please help me with this issue.
Hi Dr. I have issue related to my sexual life. I have been masturbating since very early age and I am having premature ejaculation issues. Kindly guide accordingly.
Hi I am suffering from cold and I am a smoker whether I have to quit smoking or can continue with that.
Bone loss is a silent condition that occurs over the years as you age. It is a condition when the bones become weak and fragile. Many people may not even know that that they are suffering bone loss until it leads to serious conditions such as Osteoporosis. Bone loss resulting in osteoporosis is more in women than men. It is estimated that one of every three women above 50 years suffers from osteoporosis related fracture.
What causes bone loss?
Bones are made of minerals, calcium, and phosphate. Bones are being constantly destroyed and refoemed within the body. As long as your body balances the process, your bones stay strong and healthy. However when the bone decay out grows the bone formation process, bone loss and a host of other problems occur. Some of the common causes bone loss are:
- With growing age, the body starts to reabsorb phosphate and calcium instead of keeping it in the bones. This makes the bones weak. When the process continues for a long time, it leads to osteoporosis.
- If your diet doesnot contain high calcium foods, then your bones donot get enough calcium.
- Smoking and drinking can make your bones weak.
- Medical conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, chronic kidney disease can cause bone loss.
- Sometimes medicines can also result in bone loss.
What are the symptoms of bone loss?
- Receding gums: Our teeth are connected to the jaw bone and if the jaw starts losing bone then it causes receding of gums. Loss of jaw bone is linked to lower bone mineral density.
- Decreased grip strength: Hand grips strength decreases due to low bone density.
- Weak and brittle fingernails: You may find your fingernails have become weak and brittle.
- Cramps, muscle pain, and joint ache: Pain in muscles and joints are an important indicator of vitamin D deficiency, which is a vital component for healthy bones. Cramps in legs and foot at night are an indicator of deficiency of potassium and calcium in the bones.
- Height loss: This is a common problem that comes with age. But there are other factors that lead to height loss such as poor posture and fractured vertebra. Poor posture can cause bone loss.
- Overall low fitness: If you notice that your overall fitness has declined which includes your balance, muscle strength then you may be suffering from bone loss.
Can homeopathy treat osteoporosis?
Homeopathy has the most effective and holistic approach to treat osteoporosis. Homeopathy doesn’t intend to cure bone loss, instead, it tries to treat the underlying health condition that leads to osteoporosis. Consult a homeopath online. Some of the important homeopathy remedies are:
- Calcaria Phos: It is a very effective remedy for osteoporosis It helps in increasing the absorption of calcium from the food. It is a bone builder and creates new cells.
- Calcaria Iod: This is a great remedy to treat loss of bones as well as loss of muscles and fat.
- Alendronate: Alendronate is given to patients suffering from osteoporosis which is caused by steroid treatment. It reduces the release of calcium from the bones to the blood.
- Calcitonin - Salmon: Calcitonin-Salmon is a man-made hormone used to treat osteoporosis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.