Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Veena Singhal
Submit a review for Dr. Veena SinghalYour feedback matters!
I have back pain and body ache problem from two three years. Pain is more at the morning, please tell me the solution.
Dear sir, My mom is 55 year age, from last 7-8 years she going under psychology treatment. Now she is ok. But sometime she feeling burning in her shoulder, palm, back and head area, same time her legs and hands became cold. Pls give some suggestions to which specialist I should contact. Regards.
Dear Sir/Madam, I had suffered from hepatitis ‘E’ along with leptospirosis infection in the year 2011. Post recovery I was feeling very weak along-with very much weakness in the body. As the passing of the time I usually felt good and my weight has also been increased. Doctor told to make to take everything in the diet. But from the last 3-4 years I am experiencing lots of changes in my body like poor digestion, excessive gas, bloating, indigestion, loose stool with mucus, 5-6 times visiting the toilet, fatigue,lethargy, weakness in the body, irritability,fear, nervousness,easily stressed out. Not able to get sound sleep at nights. I got a very weak immune system also. Visited lots of doctors here in Mumbai. Some doctors says I got physiological problems. Some says I have gastritis, some says I have IBS, some says that I must be having amoebiasis or H.Pylori infections. Some says that there is inflammation in the intestines and my intestines are weak. I am not getting proper solution to my problem. At times I am feeling very much depressed. I do not know what to do. I am feeling hopeless. I do not know what had happened to my body. Nobody able to properly diagnose the problem which I am having. I do not have any bad habits. I do not smoke, drink etc. But still I am so much problem in my body. Further, below are the test performed in order to rule out. OGD SCOPY + is can + biopsy PERFORMED OGD Scopy was considered to evaluate exact etiology of patients symptoms of Upper G.I.Tract. OGD Scopy revealed mild lax cardia with frank reflux. Stomach showed erosive gastritis with atrophic antral mucosa. Erosions were seen in the fundus and antrum. Chronic duodenitis was seen in the duodenal bulb and proximal duodenum. Biopsy was taken from antrum for H.Pylori. Comments: Endoscopic findings are suggestive of mild GERD with erosive gastritis with atrophic antral mucosa and chronic duodenitis. Patient will require dietary and lifestyle modifications apart from supportive medication for the same. Patient will require clinical follow up after 1 month. Biopsy confirmed for H.Pylori. ILEO-COLONOSCOPY+ is can+POLYPECTOMY PERFORMED Ileo-Colonoscopy was considered to evaluate exact etiology for patients complaints of 3-4 semi solids with blood streak stools. Adequate bowel preparation was done. Scope was passed up to terminal ileum, which essentially appeared normal. Multiple biopsies were taken from colon and sent for HPE. Left sided colon appeared spastic. Erosive proctitis was seen in rectum. 2 polyps were noted on the stapled line on previously done hemorrhoidectomy which was sent for histopathology. Comments: Ileo-colonoscopy findings are suggestive of irritable spastic left bowel with erosive proctitis and 2 polyps at the stapled line which can explain patients symptoms of blood streak stools. Biopsy material may provide additional information for further management. Patient will require reassurance apart from supportive medical care. Patient will require clinical follow up after 1 month. HISTOLOGY REPORT Specimen:1.Biopsies from the colon 2. Polyp from the rectum Gross:1. Three tiny bits aggregate to 0.4 cm. 2. Few polypoid grayish bits aggregate to 0.4 cm. Microscopic: 1. The colonic mucosa reveals orderly tubules. The lamina propria contains a mononuclear inflammatory infiltrate admixed with eosinophil and a focal lymphoid aggregate. 2. The polypoid bits are focally covered by a colonic mucosa. The lamina propria shows congested blood vessels and a moderate mononuclear inflammatory infiltrate admixed with neutrophil few eosinophil. No adenomatous change is seen. There is no evidence of dysplasia or malignancy. Diagnosis.1. COLON – MILD colitis 2. RECTUM – INFLAMMATORY POLYP.
Swelling or edema of the legs and hands is a very common condition and can be due to various types and reasons. The medical term is peripheral edema, the arms and legs being the peripheries. It is often due to fluid retention and in some cases, could also be due to blockage of fluid movement or excessive fluid in the body.
It can also be sudden or gradual – swelling that happens suddenly is usually due to prolonged standing or walking which leads to poor venous return. Gradual swelling is more a cause for concern and implies underlying disease.
At a cellular level, there is leakage of fluid into the surrounding tissue, which causes puffiness. In order for the kidneys to maintain fluid balance, they accumulate more fluid, which gets into a vicious cycle with both intracellular and extracellular fluid accumulation.
There are many causes for edema, but the following could be specific to vascular issues.
- Prolonged sitting or standing: When there is long periods of inactivity due to sitting with feet down or standing, there is fluid accumulation in the feet. Over a period of time, it could also affect the valve function and worsen the condition, causing it to be a chronic issue. Let's take a look at some of the common causes:
- Pregnancy: The hormones lead to overall body fluid retention, and so feet swelling is very common with pregnancy. The good news is that it subsides soon after delivery.
- Blood clots in the legs can affect blood flow, leading to swelling
- Heart failure
- Varicose veins, where there is a vascular issue leading to swelling
- Liver cirrhosis, which causes ascites and feet swelling as the main symptoms
- Lymphedema: Any improper lymph circulation also leads to hand and feet swelling
- Any tumor or infection along the path of circulation can lead to fluid accumulation, due to impaired blood/lymphatic flow.
- Skin gets stretched, shiny, and loses hair
- There could be dimpling, where if the skin is pressed for about 10 seconds and released, it could take time to return to normal
- Stiffness of the surrounding joints
- Weight gain
- Fullness of nearby veins
- Increased blood pressure
Treatment: This would depend on the cause of the edema.
- In transient cases, lifting the legs up often helps in release of the edema.
- Underlying liver or heart conditions need to be treated to relieve the edema. Diuretics, which promote expelling of fluid from the body, are often used to reduce edema.
- The infection or tumor or growth along the path of the blood vessels tree needs to be treated either with medications or surgery.
- In cases where there are vascular issues, surgery may be required.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!