Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Veena SehgalYour feedback matters!
You just never seem to be in the mood these days. Or the last few times you had sex, it hurt. Maybe you have some discharge that’s different from the norm.
But how do you know which signs might signal a bigger problem with your health?
“How can you know what abnormal is if you don’t know what normal is?”
Lang says it’s a good idea for a woman to examine her vagina with a mirror and light each month, just as you do a regular check of your breasts.
If something just doesn’t seem right or it’s bothering you, don’t feel embarrassed to bring it up with your doctor. “You deserve to have a healthy sex life,
Here are the few symptoms you should bring up when they happen and consult doctor
By far the most common sexual health issue for women is low desire,
If low desire doesn’t bother you, it’s not a problem, But if it’s causing you distress (and it’s lasted for at least 6 months), you can talk to your doctor to find out what may be going on.
Hypoactive sexual desire disorder, the medical term for a low sex drive, can have many different causes -- physical, emotional, cultural, or a combination of those. It could come from a hormone problem, such as estrogen or your thyroid hormone. It could happen because of other health conditions you have, like diabetes, anxiety, depression, or sleep disorders. It may be a side effect of a medication you take, like antidepressants or birth control pills. Even smoking and alcohol can affect desire. Or it may have to do with the quality of your relationship with a sexual partner.
Your doctor or another health professional in the office may ask you some questions to figure out what’s going on.
Pain and Discomfort
You’re not alone if sex hurts. Nearly three out of four women will have pain during intercourse at some point. It could be in the vagina and the area just outside of it, called the vulva. But some women feel pain inside their pelvis, too.
Sometimes sex is uncomfortable when you’re not aroused enough, or you have a vaginal infection or a skin condition, like allergies or psoriasis. But pain during sex can also be a sign of serious conditions like pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, fibroids, ovarian cysts, or cancer. So if it happens often or is severe, see your doctor -- she’ll want to rule out any serious health issues that could be causing it.
If you’ve reached menopause, painful sex may be caused by vaginal atrophy. That’s when the tissues around your vagina and vulva dry up because of the loss of estrogen.
If you feel a bulging sensation around your vagina and have trouble peeing, it could be a sign that your bladder or other organs in your pelvis have dropped from their normal place and are pushing against your vagina. That’s called a pelvic organ prolapse, a problem that becomes more common with age. Treatments include Kegel exercises, physical therapy, Homeopathic medicine and surgery.
Irregular BleedingIf you’re past menopause and you have bleeding from your vagina, see your doctor as soon as possible. She’ll need to make sure you don’t have a serious problem, like an infe
ction, uterine fibroids, or cancer.
If you’re still having periods, watch for any spotting, bleeding between periods, bleeding after sex, or periods that are heavier or last longer tha
Consult doctor if you have these symptoms.
Is there a change in the color, amount, or smell of your discharge that lasts more than a few days? Let your doctor know.
You may have something that’s simple to treat, like a bacterial or yeast infection. But some discharges may be a sign of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea or chlamydia. Watery or bloody discharges may be due to cancer
Lumps and Bumps, Rashes and Sores
If you notice any changes in your skin below your beltline, like a mole that looks different or is new, or a bump that itches or hurts, tell your doctor.
These spots can have many different causes, from an ingrown hair to an STD like genital warts or herpes. More serious is vulvar cancer, a rare condition that can show up as a lump, bump, or sore. It may cause itching or tenderness.
No matter what symptoms you’ve noticed, when something doesn’t feel or look right to you, don’t worry that you’re making a big deal out of nothing. “Run it by your doctor just to get a reassuring word,” Lang says. “So you don’t have to worry.”
If I have sex with my wife multiple times a month without any protection is it safe. We both are healthy and do not carry any disease.
I had a unprotected sex with my boyfriend and after that I took ipill! Is there change of me becoming pregnant?
She had unprotected sex with her friend during her periods time. She has consumed contraceptive pill twice during her periods time and now it's been seven days of her periods and still she is getting bleed heavily. What is the matter.
I am getting water in my ankle part of my both legs. When I press with my finger at my ankle a hole like thing is happening there. I am not having diseases like sugar, B. P, thyroid. Please come up with an permanent solution for this. Thanks in advance.
Hi doctors, I am 29 year old and my wife is 27 years old we have two children's one is 3.5 years old girl and second is 2 months boy please doctors give me any best suggestion, Should we go for cooper t or something else for not to have more child ?
Weight loss is an issue that usually confuses a lot of people. What kind of diet should one follow? How much exercise and what kind should one indulge in? What are the other measures one can take? These are some of the questions that people usually have. While your dietary intake has a major bearing on your weight loss journey, the kind of diet you follow also makes a difference. There are many kinds of diets out there for weight loss, and one of them is a fruit diet. Is this ideal and effective?
I am 17 years old girl and had a sexual intercourse without safety measures. Now I have a doubt that I am pregnant. I need to prevent that and need abortion in homemade remedy. What should I do.
Hi doctor my weight is gaining now 2-3months over hair fall also is there now my neck also paining some one told to me its thyroid problem but I'm now little scared I want 2nd baby so it will problem me what problem I have any problems will come for conceive? Please tell me.
Hello doc, my cousin has a natural miscarriage, and it was incomplete miscarriage in last month a big piece came out so we thought miscarriage is completed after that also in next cycle of periods little amount of pieces occured n blood is also thicker than normal n there is pain in legs, lower stomach daily smtimes cramps in stomach also periods hone k baad bhi dard reh hi raha h to kya karna chaiye koi medication necessary hoti h kya miscarriage k baad she dont want to concieve now please rply what to do ?
I had sexual intercourse with my girlfriend on 3rd april 2017 and she had her mensuration period after 5 days of it! we did not have further any sexual contacts! Is there any chance of pregnancy? And what should be the date of her next mensuration period!
My girlfriend have comes milk from her boobs we don't have any children's but we leave together from last 3 years what can I do please help me.
Plz sir/ mam yeh btaoo ki agr kisi ko irregular periods hoo toh uske kyaa krnaa chiyaii jo uske irregular periods ki problem khtm hoo jaayaii. please aur yeh b btaao ki kya kya nhi krnaa chiyaii.
I am 30years old my right tube removed for lefttube tubectomy is done in2010 years but now I want a baby girl what can I do now pl advice me.
I am 21 year old female, my nipples are paining badly, it is felt around the breast too. Any movement or jerk in my body makes me feel pain sometimes they protrude or else be soft. Red in appearance. What might be the problem. Is anything serious. Awaiting for your reply. Thanking you!
Homeopathy is a field of medicine that uses natural resources to make a difference in the long-term and on a sustainable basis. Presently, it is used by over 200 million people. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high in dosage. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
Following are the 7 myths about homeopathy:
- Training: It is a major myth that homeopaths do not really undergo proper medical training. The truth is that all these doctors have to go through a four year long process of training via courses offered at accredited colleges and universities. Further, the course also includes modules on pathology, anatomy and other fields like materia medica and homeopathic philosophy. By the time the training is over, the doctor is like any other doctor in any other field. Further, with constant research and practice, the doctor can become even more of an expert within ten years.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. However, the fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Unscientific medicines: These medicines are usually termed as unscientific by cynics. The truth is that the metals and minerals contained in the medicines are tested and put under trial before they are released for consumption. The values are recorded on periodic tables. The substances also include ingredients like plants and snake's venom. Each medicine's symptoms and accidental allergies are recorded and put forth with a perspective on human nature. The books on homeopathy are written and recorded on the basis of the symptoms and allergic reactions. Also, many people believe that the medicines are simply water as they are diluted solutions. These medicines are diluted with a method called succussion, which makes a dose potent with the help of vigorous shaking. While higher potency drugs are given to those suffering from an emotional state of belief regarding an ailment, lower potency medication is prescribed for those suffering from severe cases.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in cases where there is ultimate need of manual intervention where medicinal action is not suggestive eg: fractures, appendicitis, large tumors, etc.
- No proof of efficiency: While it is a well known fact that homeopathy efficacy cannot be tested by standardised methods, due to the personalisation of the medication for each individual, it is also true that the efficacy has been proven with 180 controlled tests in the past 24 years and 118 random tests in the same time frame. It is important to know your facts before you decide to go with a certain field of medicine. With homeopathy, there will be a lot of focus on the human mind as well as the ailment for an inside out approach.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.