Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena KhareYour feedback matters!
My friend is having a cyst (gaanth) in her chest. Its emotionally distressfull and really painful for her. She is taking meds but the pain is too much. She also suffers from back ache and weakness and stomach ache. Please tell me what should she do?
I can't make up my mind for baby. I think that I can't give birth a baby & i get nervous when think pain on delivery. What is the reason?
Hi doctor my age is 21years (femal unmerried) & higt 5'5 & weight is 52kg I have not coming periods for last 135 days I have pcos problem & delay periods always 10-15days mostly what to do naturely for regular periods? please advise.
Foot pain is often characterized by a feeling of pain in the feet. The symptoms of foot pain can be felt in the heel, instep, arches, toes and sole of the feet. Usually foot pain can be treated at home.
Foot pain can be caused by the following factors:
- It can occur from an injury
- Obesity often leads to too much weight pressure on the feet, thus causing pain
- Aging weakens the bones and muscles causing pain
- Too much physical activity within a short period of time
- Deformities in the foot
- Broken bones
- Arthritis and gout
- Stress fracture
- Nervous system damage
Various exercises that are used for treating pain in feet are:
- Plantar fascia stretch: The exercise requires you to sit down in a comfortable chair, and then roll the arch of your foot on a round object. Repeat this exercise for some time in all directions.
- Sitting plantar fascia stretch: You need to sit in a chair and then cross one of your feet over your knee. Take hold of your toes and pull them towards you till they are comfortably stretched.
- Towel pickup: Place a towel on the floor and place your feet on it. Scrunch your toes to pick the towel up and release.
- Wall push: You face a wall and lean by placing your palms on the wall. Then, keeping the back leg straight and bend the front knee towards the wall till you feel a comfortable pull on your calves.
- Achilles tendon stretch: Loop a towel on the ball of your feet and pull your toes. As you pull the towel, remember to keep your knees straight. Hold this position for at least 25 seconds and then release it. Do the same for the other foot and repeat 4 times.
All of the above exercises need to be performed regularly to get the full benefit of these stretches. You may also use comfortable footwear to prevent the pain from coming back.
Hello, I am trying to get pregnant for past 2 and half years, My LMP is on April 11, Had sexual intercourse on April 28,29,30 and May 1.By May 6 got light pinkish spotting then Nothing till yesterday. May 8,9,10 took pregnancy test got faint line. But evening today spotting two times with abdominal cramps. Any possibilities that I can be pregnant? As trying for past 2 and half years?
I got married 7 months back. I am trying to conceive from last 6 months. But nothing could be happen. 1 or 2 times I felt morning sickness, weakness in body even I'll not able to do any work properly. At that time my periods delayed 2-3 days and after that I had clots in bleeding with allot of lower abdomen pain. Can you please explain me what's going wrong here?
Doing sex before 2 days of period but periods was come on d tyme M pregnant or not? Nd today I saww blood drops when I go to toilet M pregnant? Or wht is the cause of it.
I am now 7 month pregnant, everthing moving good, I am sacred regarding anesthesia, I undergone general anesthesia for lipo n spinal anesthesia fr appendicitis, 2 times I faced breath prblm n lyk fits n chills, even doct didn't ruled out why it happened, with in 2 month I have to deliver, I am really scared of delivery due to past anesthesia problem. Do I face any prblm during delivery? Hw to knw whether cn I give nrml or c section. I need solution for my problem.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had oral sex and the pregnancy test result was also negative and I m getting my periods are there any chances that I can be pregnant?
I am 23 yr old feeding mother and my baby is 16 month old. I suffering from underweight (34kg/150cm) and some problems such as after the delivery only one time menstruation period was come before 4 months then till not. Why? have any problem.
Lots of white discharge during urination of my wife pain in lower abdomen vomiting tendency which Dr. should I have to consult gyno or any other.
"Men get naughty at 40 forty" but for women, the case may be very-very different. By their thirtieth birthday, many women begin complaining of a lowered libido or lack of interest in sex with their partner. This can be quite frustrating for both partners and can lead to a rift in the relationship. Hence, it becomes essential to pay attention to this condition.
The first step to finding a solution to any problem is to understand the factors that trigger it. Some causes for a lowered libido in women are:
- Birth Control and Medication: Birth control essentially manipulates the hormone levels in the body. While this may prevent unwanted pregnancies, a lowered libido is a common side effect of birth control medication. Antidepressants also have similar side effects.
- Over Working: Working hard is a good thing but too much of a good thing can have a negative effect on your health. In this case, overworking may lead to stress, anxiety, fatigue and burnout. This can lead to a weakened adrenal gland. The adrenal glands are responsible for the production of testosterone and in this way, working too hard can be the reason for women to not enjoy sex as much as they once used to.
- Hormonal Changes: With age, every woman faces hormonal changes. This can result in a lack of lubrication making intercourse uncomfortable. Over time, this can lower libido considerably.
- Ways to Enhance a Woman's Libido: A lowered libido isn't something you have to quietly accept. Here are a few ways to enhance a woman's libido.
- Go on a date: Intercourse is as much an emotional exercise as it is a physical one. Cutting back from other responsibilities, work, children etc and spending time alone with your partner can help you emotionally reconnect with him.
- Meditation: Meditation can help calm the mind and reduce stress. This, in turn, will enhance the production of testosterone in the adrenal glands and thereby enhance libido. Meditation can also help you disconnect from worries and tensions that may be weighing you down.
- Medication: When it comes to a diminished libido, medication may be an effective form of treatment, but it must be tailored to the individual. While estrogen skin creams may be beneficial for some women, others may benefit from testosterone supplements. A few antidepressants can also enhance a woman's libido by increasing dopamine and norepinephrine levels. Viagra can also help enhance a woman's libido especially in cases where the lowered libido was caused by antidepressants.
Given below are some of the home remedies recommended as a part of natural leucorrhea cure-
- Apply the pulp of a ripe mango to the vaginal area and leave it on for a while, before rinsing it off with water.
- Eat one or even two ripe bananas on a daily basis Drink a glass of fresh cranberry juice, preferably without any sugar, once a day
- Soak some coriander seeds in water overnight and drink the water, after straining it, on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning.
- Consume the lady finger vegetable, preferably in the raw form, or lightly steamed
- Clean the vaginal area with freshly squeezed lemon juice and water