Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Veena Kapoor
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena KapoorYour feedback matters!
Hi, My question is regarding my nephew's who is 10 year old, he has much slow growth n slow learner physically little bit weak but normal but main problem is he is not able to speak properly and he have reading writing problems as well he is also not showing interest in going to school or learn something, he failed at 1st std, due to his speak problem he doesn't express himself he always kept quiet try to busy himself on Mobile or tv. As soon as he is growing his internal frustration is increasing now he used to shout and showing much anger and showing his frustration also not eat properly also he has no friends We are much worried about his behavior, from last 2 year he is undergoing for speech therapy, so he can speak little bit now but not as clear to understand. Earlier we thought he only have speak problem but now I thought the problem is something different and serious he is only 10 year old who is not able to speak not able to express himself no friends not able to read or write something and showing his internal frustration. Some time we not able to understand what he wants and what he thinks what in his mind? So my humble request to you based on above point can you please try to diagnose the exact problem or suggest us what could be the problem and also suggest some treatment or solutions so that we can start treatment asap accordingly We know we are already too late but still we have time so we will try to make his and his parents life better I am awaiting for your reply Thanks,
Hello Doctor, I am 28 yr, F. How to get rid of anxiety and nervousness and be at peace naturally? Please guide me,
I lost somebody close last month and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. Pls help me doctor.
I am a 17 years old boy. I have many mental problems. I am a boy who want to be a girl like my sister. I am a transvestite. Did anything wrong in this. Can I continue wearing my sister's clothes. No one knows about this. What should I do now?
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lycopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.