Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena KapoorYour feedback matters!
Hello Mam Mai Abhi 19 Yr ka Hu Aur Mai Lucknow me NEET ke liye preparation kar raha hu ,Mam mai 4-5 Months se Bhimar chal raha hu ,Mam mujhe pata nahi kyu lagta hai ki Mai Ab jaldi hi marne wala hu ,Mam Mujhe kuch samj me Nahi aa raha ki mai kya karu ,Mujhe kuch accha bhi nahi lagta, Mai hamesha akhle Rahna chata hu ,Mam please Help kijye Mera Exam aane wala hai.
I live with a guy and got close to him. I wanna be with him forever but he likes dating girls. Whenever I asked about us, he said its always casual. I decided to move on but I get anxiety feeling every time. He is my flatmate and I get too possessive when he talks to another girl. What to do? How to decrease this feeling of anxiety?
We all have those days when we seem to have hit an all time low. We feel bad, sad, mad, and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. However, this is a temporary, passing phase for most of us. But for people with depression, this is not the case.
Chronic depression, which is more common in women than men, can arise due to different reasons. Major life changes, marital issues, relationship issues, financial problems, chronic medical problems, death of loved ones, life stressors, weather changes, etc. can lead to depression.
This leads to prolonged periods of sadness, feeling of emptiness, loss of interest in activities which were normally pleasurable, irritability, sleeplessness, loss of appetite, weight gain, worthless and hopeless feeling, and feeling of doom. This can result in dejection, social withdrawal, poor performance at work/school, and an overall declining quality of life.
In most cases, there is usually a past, unpleasant experience which leads to depression. This could be different for different people, depending on their tolerance. While some may go into depression over minor relationship issues, for others, it could be as severe as sexual abuse in the past.
Ayurveda recognizes “sadhaka agni” as a fire that helps a person to digest trauma. People with a strong sadhaka agni have a higher tolerance and take more time to get depressed compared to people who have a weak fire in them.
The following are some simple changes that can be very useful in overcoming depression.
- Meditate for about 20 minutes every day.
- Realize and practice detachment. Most people with depression have a loss of something they were closely attached to. Realizing that nothing in life is permanent and letting it go will play a major role in feeling better.
- Get a sound, restful sleep. Stick to a routine by going to bed and getting up at the same time every day.
- Walk out in the sun and get a good dose of sunlight. Add exercise to sun exposure to feel elated and upbeat about life in general.
- Exercises such as yoga, walking, and cycling also are useful in improving overall balance and health. A healthy and fitter body definitely leaves one in a better mood.
- Eat healthy food. Avoid packaged, canned, and processed food. Include a lot of nuts and seeds in your diet, be it roasted or soaked.
- Try mood uplifting food items like black pepper, dry ginger, turmeric, amla, cloves, and cardamom.
- Herbs like ashwagandha, shatavari, brahmi are highly useful in curing depression. They also treat fluid balance, govern energy and creativity in the body, improve metabolism, and clear toxins.
Ayurveda believes in not just making one feel better, but improving his/her overall well-being by getting to the root of the issue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.