Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena BaliYour feedback matters!
Hi my question is the till how many months is it safe to have sex while you are pregnant and which is the best pose.
I m 27 year old and 16 weak pregnant. In my 13th week of pregnancy type 1 B placenta previa is detected. What precaution should I take in my pregnancy. Can I continue my job or not.
I have done sex in order to stop pregnancy I am using Yamini tablets, while using that I am always feeling vomiting sensation and something change in my body ,can you please help?
Milk & yogurt.
Hi, I have done sex with my girl friend for first time wile doing sex I don't use condom I released sperms in her vagina would she get pregnant or not and after in 24 hrs she took illipil tablet.
I want to do sex with my girlfriend. But I don't know which is the safe period or when I do sex with her so that she will not get pregnant. Please tell me which is the safe period, how many days before or after of her period? Please sir tell me in details. Thank you.
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.
On tenth week of pregnancy I found slight heavy bleeding with some blood clot and after USG it shows My Baby is Fine with heart beat 186. My pregnancy is IUI pregnancy Please tell me the reason for bleeding and the percentage of success rate of pregnancy in these cases.
Sir I am 31 yr old male and my wife is of 22 Year . We married on 23 may 2012. My wife have pcod on that time. Still she is fine. My report and my wife reports nothing to complecated but still my wife has not concieve everything is normal. Please give advice to me have any position wrong? or what a problem we dont know. Please revert back to me.
Painful menstruation or menstrual cramp is termed as Dysmenorrhoea and refers to the discomfort or pain associated with menstruation. In 80% cases, cramps are an integral part of the preliminary dysmenorrhoea syndrome. Though this symptom is not deemed as a very serious clinical problem, the pain and its associated symptoms are acute enough to keep an affected woman from normal functioning for the first one or two days. These symptoms may take over one or two days prior to menses, reach their pinnacle on the first day and subside slowly with the passage of time. The pain can be typically depicted as being ached, cramping of the stomach and often reaching to the lower back portion.
There is probably no woman across the world, who has not undergone the painful menstrual cramps. But don't fret! Homeopathy treatment has a range of remedies to relieve you off this unease.
- Cimicifuga: Normally menstruation cramps indicate a pain that flows across the pelvic region from one side to the other. This remedy will particularly be helpful in neuralgic and rheumatic cases as well as congestive cases where it works effectively with Veratrum Viride and Belladonna. It is also very efficient in combating headaches preceding menses, acute pains across abdomen, labor like pains and scanty flow.
- Caulophyllum: This remedy is great for treating spasms and pain that flow downwards. The spasmodic periodic pains that need to be treated with Caulophyllum are mostly concentrated around the groin and radiate to other surrounding parts. Gelsemium can also be taken for treating neuralgic as well as congestive dysmenorrhoea when the pain bears down. The pains are often labor-like and spasmodic with flow of pale urine. In order to get faster relief, it can be taken along with hot bag press.
- Belladonna: If you are afflicted with the congestive forms of menstrual cramps, then you may take Belladonna. In most cases, a pain and discomfort is felt prior to the flow and a feeling of something heavy around the vulva can be relieved if you sit up straight. This pain occurs and subsides all of a sudden making the flow clotted and restricted. This kind of dysmenorrhoea is extremely painful and makes the genital dry. In case the pain gets severe and cuts through the pelvis, then Veratrum viride can also be administered.
- Zanthoxylum: This remedy is very effective in fighting dysmenorrhoea and uterine spasms. It is very effective when the pain is burning, agonising and extending down through the thighs making the limbs paralysed and numb. You can take this measure when the pain is affecting your ovaries as this medicine works closely for neuralgic form of menstrual cramps. Women with delicate nervous temperament can also take this remedy as it relieves from headache and eye pain caused from Menstruation.
Homeopathy has a huge range of medicines and it becomes difficult for a commoner to select an ideal one. Therefore, when you are deeply affected with menstrual cramps, you can always consult an expert before administering any medicine.
What should be the frequency of Sex to get pregnant and what is the best dates after period when chances of pregnancy is more? Does using Viagra before sex reduces sperms count or chances of pregnancy?
1. Heart health and sexual performance
Your penis works on blood pressure. The brain sends signals to your penis that causes vessels to swell with blood. Your heart is responsible for pumping the blood. If your heart isn’t at its healthiest, it can cause problems with blood flow from the heart to the vessels in your penis. This can make it difficult to achieve a full erection. Make sure your circulatory system is working at top shape.
Basically, what’s good for your heart is good for your sexual health.
2. Certain foods can also help you increase blood flow. These foods include:
Onions and garlic: these foods may not be great for your breath, but they can help your blood circulation.
Bananas: this potassium-rich fruit can help lower your blood pressure, which can benefit your important sexual parts and boost sexual performance.
Chilies and peppers: all-natural spicy foods help your blood flow by reducing hypertension and inflammation.
Omega-3 acids: this type of fat increases blood flow. You can find it in salmon, tuna, avocados, and olive oil.
Vitamin b-1: this vitamin helps signals in your nervous system move quicker, including signals from your brain to your penis. It’s found in pork, peanuts, and kidney beans.
Eggs: high in other b vitamins, eggs help balance hormone levels. This can decrease stress that often inhibits an erection.
Stress can wreak havoc on all areas of your health, including your libido. Stress increases your heart rate (in the bad way) and increases blood pressure. Both of these are damaging to sexual desire and performance. Psychological stress can also affect achieving an erection or reaching an orgasm. Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and improve your health. Talking to your partner about your stress can also calm you down, while strengthening your relationship.
Kick bad habits
What you rely on to unwind, such as smoking and consuming alcohol, could also affect sexual performance. While studies suggest that a little red wine can improve circulation, too much alcohol can have adverse effects.
Stimulants narrow blood vessels and have been linked to impotence. Cutting down or quitting smoking is one of the first steps to improve performance. Replacing bad habits with healthy ones, like exercise and eating well, can help boost sexual health.
Masturbation and longevity
If you’re not lasting as long as you’d like in bed, you might need some practice. While sex is the best way to practice for sex, masturbation can also help you improve your longevity.
However, how you masturbate could have detrimental effects. If you rush through it, you could inadvertently decrease the time you last with your partner. The secret is making it last, just like you want to when you’re not alone.
Pay attention to your partner
Sex isn’t a one-way street. Paying special attention to your partner’s desires not only makes sex pleasurable for them, but it can also help turn you on or slow you down. Talking about this beforehand can help ease any awkwardness if you need to slow down during a heated moment.
Alternating pace or focusing on your partner while you take a break can make for a more enjoyable experience for both of you.