Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Veena AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.
Meri shadi ko 5 saal hogaye hai doctor ke kehne per sari report kara ne per sari report normal hai please help me for getting pregnant.
My wife is pregnent 8 th month running, unfortunately she is affected oligohydramnious her water level is 5.8 cm please cater suggestion in this regard.
My wife's period circle is 29 days. Today 33 days. Period not comes. She is pregnant or not. How we know? What is the symptoms of pregnancy in 34 days.
Me and my friend often have sex . I use condom and one time I had given her unwanted - 72, pill also 15 days back .she missed her periods 3 days till now . She doesn't have normal periods Too but she told me that she don't liked sour food at all but now from 3-4 days she wishes to eat sour food like pickle. She is 17 and 7 months old officially in papers but she's 18 in real (Unofficially). Nd I am 18 . So I want to know if she is pregnant then can she abort child without letting her parents know . And can she have abortion by medication ? Because as she missed her periods 3-4 days back and she doesn't had normal period records. Should I give her mifepristone and misoprostol ?
She missed her period of this month she should get be before 15days and there are bit changes in her health and body as like susan on legs pain in back and stomach irritation pain on legs and joints.
I missed my period I never faced this problem and I was late for 11 days. I had period cramping and 5 days back I had spotting. Today I went for home pregnancy test and it came negative. What to do?
Dear doctor, We had miscarriage about 11 months ago. We are planning to conceive last 9 months but we are unable to get success. The doctor prescribed us clomid 100 mg this month and said I am not responding to the same. Also I hv been told that I have inverted retroflexed uterus. On ultrasound day 11 doctor said I hv pcos eggs with very few normal eggs and that is why I am not responding to clomid. What is the alternative treatment. Is there anything which could solve our issue. Patient age: 27 Ultrasound details Right ovary 2.6cm x 1.4cm Left ovary 2.9 x 1.5 cm Pls suggest if I can ovolute this month and if multiple small follicles will interfere in conceiving.
I have lots of sex with my ex boyfriend. Now I'm married to someone. Did my future husband find out I'm not virgin? I haven't sex about 8 months. Is there any home remedy to hide my virginity from my husband.
Meri marriage ko abhi 2 months huye hai starting main my husband has very good potential and had very high feeling but from few days he says I am in not mood unko feeling hi nhi aa rahi nd his penis does not erect even I seduced him if its erect it will suddenly loose its erectness he feel tired, lazy, legs pain, body ache, back pain, sleeping all time is this any problem.
Hi, I got married last year. We will try for pregnancy. But every month we are disappointed. Before last 3 months my husband consult a gynaecologist. She test my husband sperm count. She told it's low. She references some medicine it's name "Clonq-50" mg.she told to taken a half tablet in every night after meals. We are doing what she has told. But after using medicine no result appearance. We are feeling so duration. What happen doing like this. What we do for our pregnancy. Please suggested me.
My gf has blue veins in her breasts nd her areola is getting bigger. She got over with her normal periods wich lasted for 5 days. It was 70% of the usual bleeding she has. We did home pregnancy test 2 times in a weeks interval. 1 was on 3rd May nd 2nd was on 11th May, both wdr negative. So its unlikely that she might be pregnant. So what could be the reason for the blue veins nd big areola and why? Please help.
Hi, my age is 22. I married in December. Since then my period is irregular. Sometime it takes more than 2 months to come. I am also planning a baby since last seven months. But not able to conceive yet. I consult with a doctor three times. Every time she advised me regestrone pills. After taking pills my period comes within 10 days. But with out pills my period takes 2.5 months. Dr. Also suggested me to lose weight. Due to this I am very depressed. Please advice.
Treatment for PCOS is not curative. Treatment focuses on controlling symptoms and managing the condition to prevent complications. The treatment will vary from woman to woman, depending on specific symptoms.
A healthy diet and regular exercise are recommended for all women with PCOS, particularly those who are overweight. This can help to regulate your menstrual cycle and lower your blood glucose levels.
Women who don't want to become pregnant may be prescribed birth control pills. These can help treat acne, regulate the menstrual cycle, and lower levels of male hormones, such as testosterone, in the body. If a woman with PCOS is suffering from infertility, fertility drugs may be administered for helping her to ovulate.
Anti-androgens are drugs that reduce male hormone levels. These can help stop excess hair growth and reduce acne. Diabetes medications may also be prescribed to lower blood glucose and testosterone levels.
Surgery may be recommended for some women with PCOS. Ovarian drilling is a procedure in which the doctor punctures patient's ovary with a small needle that carries an electric current, in order to destroy part of the ovary. This is a short-term solution that can promote ovulation and reduce male hormone levels.
Potential Complications of PCOS?
Women with PCOS have a higher risk of developing:
- hypertension (high blood pressure)
- high cholesterol
- anxiety and depression
- sleep apnea (when a person stops breathing periodically during sleep)
- endometrial cancer (cancer caused by thickening of the lining of the uterus)
- heart attack
- breast cancer
If you become pregnant, your doctor may refer you to a doctor who specializes in high-risk pregnancies. Women with PCOS have a higher rate of miscarriage, gestational diabetes, and premature delivery. They may also require extra monitoring during pregnancy.
The earlier the PCOS is diagnosed and treated, the lower is the risk of developing these complications. Avoidance of tobacco products and participating in regular exercise can also reduce the risk of some of these co-morbidities. The patients must talk to the Gynae about what PCOS means for your overall health and how you can prevent serious complications.
Aloe vera is one of the most popular medicinal plants that have been in use for thousands of years. It is particularly famous for the treatment of skin injuries although it offers a host of health benefits. This short stemmed shiny plant stores moisture in its leaves and is widely used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. The gel within the aloe vera stem contains bioactive compounds found in plants such as vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids.
Some of the notable health benefits of Aloe Vera include the following,
- It contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties: Aloe Vera is known to contain the most beneficial antioxidants called as polyphenols. These polyphenols, as well as other similar compounds found on aloe vera, can prevent the growth of bacterial infections in human beings.
- Helps in healing cuts and burns: Aloe Vera can also be used as a topical medicine by applying the gel on the skin. It has been used since ancient times for the treatment of sores, cuts and burns which also includes sunburns. Aloe Vera is the first FDA approved ointment that got the status of an effective over-the-counter medication in the year 1959. It can, therefore, be used in first and even second degree burns.
- Prevents dental plaque: Tooth decay, as well as gum diseases, affect almost all individuals over the world. One of the best ways to steer clear of the oral infections is to prevent plaque buildup which is the bacterial biofilms on the teeth. The aloe vera mouthwash is as effective as chlorhexidine solutions in reducing the problems of dental plaque by killing the harmful yeast called Candida albicans and bacterium named Streptococcus mutans.
- Aids in the treatment of canker sores: Most people have experienced mouth ulcers or canker sores at least once in their lifetime. It mostly affects the area underneath the lip or inside the mouth and can be very painful at times. Several studies show that aloe vera gel helps in accelerating the healing process of canker sores.
- Reduces constipation: The latex of aloe vera has been found beneficial in the treatment of constipation. The latex is the sticky yellow residue underneath the leaf skin and contains aloin and barbaloin which offers effective latex effect.
- Prevent formation of wrinkles: Topical aloe vera gel assists in slowing down the ageing process with regular usage. Using aloe vera gel regularly helps in boosting the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity within three months of regular usage.
- Lowers down blood sugar levels: There was a time when aloe vera was used as a conventional remedy for diabetes. Aloe vera helps in enhancing insulin sensitivity as well as managing blood sugar levels. It has been used in numerous animals and humans affected with type 2 diabetes and the results are impressive enough to regard it as an alternative treatment option.
Along with these benefits, aloe vera juice is regarded as a sustainable way of weight management which has made it a well-favoured choice of overweight people all over the world.
Can we have paneer doda in pregnancy first trimester. I am suffering from diabetics. Can I have in pregnancy.
I am 27 years old. I got married 4 years ago. Am trying to conceive. My doctor gave me MyChiro tablet which will help to conceive. But after taking that tablet twice I discharge red urine. Is it any side effect or anything else. Please help am scared.
I was having periods on regular basis but since last month i. E; from January I missed my periods. I also got a sprain last month for which the doc's gave me medicine and it was during my date of monthly cycle when I was having those medicines after that I didn't get periods. I am even having back pain. Please help.
Mentioned throughout history as a curse, leprosy was considered as a punishment of sins by many cultures as it was widespread and common. However, modern science demystified it and de-stigmatized it to the point where the occurrence of leprosy within the population has gone down to very low levels, although it is still prevalent among certain populations.
Prevention of leprosy: Leprosy is caused by the bacterial infection of Mycobacterium leprae and it is classified into multiple types. Leprosy is communicable through contact with common objects or a person by infected droplets within their nose. It primarily affects mucous membranes and the skin and the nerves on the hands, feet, and in extreme cases may cause disfigurement as well. There are no specific ways to prevent leprosy as no specific correlation between transmission and development has been found so far. Leprosy can happen through one time contact or through contact over extended period of time within the same household. Thus preventive measures will primarily include the following:
- Regular checkups by going to the doctor
- Ensuring that surfaces are kept clean if you share a household with a leprosy patient
- Skin biopsies at regular intervals just to check if you may have contracted the bacteria
- If a rash has developed, then it is urgent that you visit the doctor. Earlier the leprosy is detected, quickly it can treated and resolved
Incidences of leprosy have reduced over the last few decades due to improvements in medicine and early detection. This has allowed people to nip the problem in the bud and does not allow it to spread within their bodies or to other people.
Treatment of leprosy: The primary weapon that modern medicine has against leprosy is known as MDT or multidrug therapy. Multidrug therapy is the combination of multiple drugs, which attack the various aspects of leprosy, such as skin problems, nerve damage, loss of sensation, deterioration of skin conditions etc. This is the proven way to not only reduce symptoms, but also cure the problems in the long run.
Some of the drugs in the MDT used are as follows:
- Rifampicin and dapsone
- Rifampicin and clofazimine and dapsone
- Rifampicin, minocycline and ofloxacin
However, the combination will depend on the type of leprosy the person is affected with, such as paucibacillary leprosy or multibacillary leprosy and thus can only be prescribed by the doctor after thorough and detailed examination.