Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vede Surender Singh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Vede Surender SinghYour feedback matters!
Seborrheic dermatitis is a dermatological disorder that is characterized by the appearance of itchy, red rashes and flaky scales. The symptoms are similar to those of eczema, psoriasis or an allergic reaction. The disease usually affects the scalp and the body. It is not a serious disorder, but it can end up being a cosmetic concern.
The symptoms of this disorder include appearance of skin flakes on the scalp (dandruff), redness of the skin, an itchy skin and crusting of the eyelids. It can affect one’s daily activities because of the irritation that it entails. In case of babies, it is often mistaken for diaper rashes.
The exact cause of this disorder is not known. Certain factors are known to trigger the symptoms of this disorder; them being:
- Yeast infection
- Genetic structure
- Medical conditions
The treatments for seborrheic dermatitis include using medicated shampoos, lotions and creams. The various treatment options that are available for seborrheic dermatitis have been listed below:
- Antifungal medications: Antifungal medicated pills such as ‘terbinafine’ are prescribed to treat this disorder. They may also be used as an ingredient in shampoos.
- Inflammation controlling creams and shampoos: Corticosteroids such as ‘desonide’, ‘hydrocortisone’ and ‘fluocinolone’ are often prescribed to treat seborrheic dermatitis. However, a prolonged usage of these topical creams and shampoos might cause skin thinning.
- Antibacterial medications: Certain antibacterial gels or creams can be used such as ‘metronidazole’.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have concerns with my hair fall. They are getting grey as well. I have tried one or two doctors and all they suggested is to go for a Hair transplant, something I don't want to go for. Need help and support to strengthen may hair and prevent baldness. Thank you.
A new exercise series for enhanced dynamic shoulder control in the overhead throwing athlete.
- Why should overhead athletes use the thrower’s ten program? the answer is very simple. Overhead athletes should use the thrower’s ten program because the program works! this comprehensive program, encompasses exercises for the entire throwing arm as well as the body. The exercises in the program have been carefully chosen because when performed in combination they improve muscular strength and decrease arm fatigue thus reducing the risk of injury. We have shown the single greatest predisposing factor to shoulder and elbow injury in youth baseball players to be fatigue. 6, 8 improvement in muscular strength and power results in increased ball velocity. The thrower’s ten program has been scientifically studied and showed to significantly increase throwing velocity in high school baseball players. 1, 2 the thrower’s ten program has been published numerous times in scientific journals articles3-5.
- The thrower’s ten program was developed by kevin wilk, dpt and Dr. James andrews in birmingham, al. These visionaries in throwing injury prevention and rehabilitation assembled a group of experts with over a 100 years of combined baseball sports medicine experience to assist them in creating the thrower’s ten program. Using data from emg studies at the american sports medicine institute (asmi) and research centers across the country, they determined the best rehabilitation exercises and movements to isolate and strengthen the muscle groups responsible for the act of throwing. 7, 9, 10, 11 collectively, we have successfully used this program over the past 27 years in the rehabilitation of thousands of injured throwing athletes and in preventative programs for countless other baseball players. The thrower’s ten program has been constantly revised and adjusted through the years to ensure that it remains the single best exercise program available for every throwing athlete.
- Not only is the thrower’s ten program effective – it is also simple to perform. The program has been designed so that it does not require a lot of equipment or even dumbbells to successfully complete. In fact, it can be properly performed using just resistance tubing or bands. The thrower’s ten program is ideally matched with theraband’s clx consecutive loop resistance band allowing easy performance regardless of where an athlete is, without any other equipment. The thrower’s ten program can be done before throwing or play as an effective pre-performance dynamic warm-up. It can be performed in-season to maintain arm strength and flexibility; as well as after injury as part of a rehabilitation program and even prior to the season for arm development.
- The thrower’s ten program has been shown to address the three most significant causes of shoulder and elbow problems in throwing – decreased arm strength, increased fatigue and a lack of flexibility. The bottom line is that overhead throwing athletes should use the thrower’s ten program as a safe, simple, and effective way to help them prevent shoulder and elbow injuries and enhance throwing performance.
- The link below provides you with a video which demonstrates all the exercises in the thrower’s ten program. Perform the program pain-free and enjoy the best and healthiest season of your career.