Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
I am suffering from fever for last 3 month and I fell weakness every time and I feel not batter so please suggest me.
Dear doc. From last 1 week I have seen my urine is yellowish and slightly continues pain in left side of abdomen and also I go frequently in toilet. I just test my esr which is extremely high that is 135.5. What I do please suggest? my age is 34 and I am neither dibitic nor chain smoker or drinker.
I am 29 years old, I have big black spot on my cheek, I am taking treatment for the last 15 months but its not working, I have Insulin problem, My insulin level is very high, Please suggest.
I am having a problem in my teeth's my teeth's are unhealthy they are yellowish and blood comes out every time I brushed my teeth.
Different types of berries like strawberries, blueberries, mulberries, blackberries, cranberries, raspberries, cherries and boysenberries are considered great skin foods due to their high antioxidant content.
In fact, a 2012 study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that berries have potent antioxidant capacity.
Antioxidants combat free radicals and slow down the aging process by reducing oxidative damage to cells. Along with antioxidants, berries have anti-inflammatory properties.
Berries are easy to eat as a snack and you can add some to your cereal, smoothies or yogurt everyday to enjoy healthy and beautiful skin.
2. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a good source of polyphenols, antioxidants like vitamin E, and essential fatty acids, which can actually help delay the aging process in a beautiful way.
It is also rich in squalane, a natural emollient that is great for your skin as well as nails, lips and hair. The high amount of vitamin E in olive oil helps protect cell membranes and guards your skin against damage from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays.
You can apply olive oil directly on damp skin as a great moisturizer after taking a shower. It also makes a great hand moisturizer and can be used as a makeup remover.
To enjoy the health as well as beauty benefits of olive oil, sprinkle it on your salad and use it for cooking your meal.
3. Wild Salmon
Wild salmon is one of the best food sources for omega-3 fatty acids, which help maintain cell membranes to allow water and nutrients in while keeping harmful toxins out.
These healthy fats also reduce inflammation in the body and lower the risk of skin cancer. Salmon also contains selenium, a mineral that protects the skin from harmful UV rays.
Aim to eat at least two servings of this fatty fish each week. One serving equals two to three ounces. You can enjoy salmon grilled or baked, in pasta or salad, or as a side dish. Along with wild salmon, herring, mackerel and sardines will help promote smooth, clear and glowing skin.
This leafy green vegetable is rich in antioxidants along with vitamins B, C, and E, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for the overall health of your skin.
In a study published in the International Journal of Cancer, people who ate more spinach suffered less from different types of skin tumors compared with those who ate the least amount of spinach.
This is possible due to the high amount of folate in spinach that helps repair and maintain DNA, prevents cell damage and slows down the aging process. Also, the water content in spinach penetrates cell membranes and can give you plumper and less wrinkled skin.
Tomatoes are the best source of the anti-aging antioxidant lycopene. Lycopene helps reduce inflammatory response to harmful UV damage, thus protecting the skin from the damage due to sun’s rays. To enjoy the skin benefits of lycopene, you need to cook the tomatoes rather than eating them raw.
Tomatoes also contain a good amount of vitamin C, which helps in collagen production and protects cells from damage caused by free radicals.
6. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes contain a good amount of vitamin C, which helps in the production of collagen, a protein that reduces wrinkles and helps keep your skin nice and smooth. In addition, the vitamin A in sweet potatoes gives you a brighter complexion.
You can include sweet potatoes in your diet by adding them to casseroles, soups or salads. You can even try them baked as a side dish.
CONSULT ONLINE FOR MORE HERBAL BEAUTY TIPS AND AYURVEDA TREATMENT.
DR. KOMAL GUPTA
Hi doctor. From last month I am having hairfall that makes my hair look very thin in volume. I have a oily scalp if I apply oil hairfall is more severe. Jst let me know what should I do to prevent this and my hair look voluminous.
Sleep deprivation can lead to mood swings, along with decreased levels of concentration; and a person lacking sleep may easily feel annoyed or irritated. Apart from affecting your memory, health and looks, sleep deprivation can lead to decreased sex function as well. People who have trouble sleeping have a difficult time coping with their relationships as with almost all aspects of their lives.
The following are some of the ways chronic sleep disorders may affect your sex life.
1) Reduced energy levels - Lack of sleep can lead to reduced levels of energy and fatigue. Depletion of energy, in turn, can lead to perpetual tiredness, which may ultimately cause a person to have lower libido and interest in sexual intercourse. Some men suffer from sleep apnea, which is a respiratory problem that interrupts sleep. A 2002 study showed that sleep apnea causes lower levels of testosterone in men.
2) Mood swings - Sleep disorders often lead to perpetual mood swings. It can make a person grumpy and quarrelsome. If you're sleep deprived, you may get very agitated even by minor stress. This can hurt interaction between you and your partner, leading to a disruptive relationship in the bedroom.
3) Decreased social activity - Lack of sleep may decrease your likelihood of engaging in social interactions. People with sleep disorders usually avoid social engagements, as they believe it may disrupt their sleep patterns. They rearrange their sleeping patterns by avoiding social interactions, which leaves them with lesser opportunities to meet with people of the opposite sex, thereby affecting their sex lives.
4) Anxiety - Increased levels of anxiety and stress attributed to lack of sleep can lead to loss of sexual function and even sexual disorders at times. Lack of sleep generally decreases your experience of positive emotions, which may lead to pessimism and subsequently lack of sexual interest.
How to remove dark circles from eyes and the marks of tears which blacken the area near eyes? Suggest home remedies.
Walking has been considered the most easy form of exercise. An average person walks about 3000-4000 steps in a day but it would be really good for your health if you can increase the number of steps up to 10,000, that’s is what every doctor advices people who want to stay active and fit.
Here’s the plethora of health benefits if you are able to walk 10,000 steps in a day.
1. You burn as much as 400 calories by walking 10,000 steps in a day
2. Helps prevent brain-shrinkage
3. Prevents osteoporosis
4. Boosts vitamin D level by exposure to sunlight
5. Tones up your muscles, legs and arms
6. Keeps your heart healthy and strengthens it
7. Keeps us mentally and physically strong
8. Reduces risk of stroke, diabetes and cancer
9. Reduces risk of early death by 30%
10. It makes your immunity grow stronger
11. It lowers disease-risk drastically
12. More beneficial for those who want to reduce weight
13. It is a good substitute for exercise
14. It helps in keeping your memory sharp
15. Increases your stamina of walking thereby increasing stamina required for physical work
16. Keeps your energy level high
17. Keeps you happy and healthy
18. It improves blood circulation
19. It lightens up your mood
20. Walking 10,000 steps also improves your sleep
You do get more or less similar benefit if do a 30-minute walk daily but walking 10,000 steps in a day is the best! As far as counting 10,000 steps is concerned various mobile apps and devices can be helpful.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.