Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vatsa Kumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vatsa KumarYour feedback matters!
I want to ask that is breast pressing very tightly and harshly for long time can cause any severe damage to breast? Or not;! Please tell! What r the risk it can cause! As during foreplay my bf presses my breast very tightly and harshly with both hands for long time. I am worry becoz I had listen that breast pressing can cause cancer and it can also damage my mammary glands and breast muscles please tell;! Please tell in detail all risk and damages! So that I can remove this worry!
I had sex with my bf on 2nd (protected) but for once he rubbed his penis near my anus. I got my periods on 11th and soon after than I got food poisoning and I was well again but since last fee days I feel like vomiting just after my meals. Can I be pregnant?
During the natural course of events, a woman's body starts its reproductive phase with menarche and at about 50 years of age, attains menopause. This is when the reproductive function ceases and the ovaries stop producing the hormone estrogen and progesterone. This is medically termed early or premature menopause.
Menopause that occurs before 40 years of age is termed as Premature Menopause; it is due to primary ovarian insufficiency and occurs in 1% of the women. If it occurs between 45 to 50 years, it is termed as early menopause.
Effects: Estrogen and progesterone have a lot of beneficial effects on a woman's body. Reduction in their levels leads to some of the below changes:
- Emotional changes like mood swings, irritability, and in some cases depression, especially in premature menopause.
- Irregular cycles before complete cessation of the menstrual cycles.
- General mucosal dryness leading to vaginal dryness, dry skin, dry eyes.
- There also would be urinary incontinence and reduced sex drive due to reduced hormone levels.
- For women who still would want to have children, infertility would be a big cause for concern. This could lead to other emotional issues, worsening the depression.
- Bones lose their density and get weak and are more prone to fracture. This leads to Osteoporosis.
- Postmenopause, women are more prone to heart attacks and stroke, leading to cardiovascular health issues. Though not fully proven, this is believed to be true as the good role that estrogen plays on blood vessels is negated with menopause.
- Menopause leads to accelerated damage of genetic structures, thereby leading to faster ageing. This also leaves a feeling in the women of being less attractive and less desirable.
There is also a good news, that after menopause women are at lesser risk of cancer especially, breast and ovarian.
However, it is not easy for women to handle premature menopause. The body undergoes some changes much earlier than expected, and it requires a lot of support and caring and comforting to come to terms with it especially, if associated with infertility or chemotherapy for cancer. Emotional issues of not being able to have children and feeling less attractive require frank talks to boost the person's confidence and increase self-worthiness.
It is easier said than done, but one of the key ways to handle premature menopause is an open discussion.
Related Tip: "7 Ways To Deal With PMS"