Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vasundhara Oberoi
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vasundhara OberoiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Cancer can be very devastating, it can tear families apart. The cancer virus generally kills all the healthy cells in your body and starts to destroy your organs one by one. When a person is affected by breast cancer, their breasts have to be removed so that the cancer virus doesn’t affect the rest of the body. In the society which we live in we are fed with the notion that breasts are an integral part of a woman’s body and only voluptuous breasts make a woman look more attractive. Survivors who have won the fight against breast cancer have had to surgically remove their breasts for survival.
They are left with an empty spot in their body as well as their lives. So, in such cases breast reconstructive surgery becomes extremely important. Breast reconstruction surgery implants a mound in place of the actual breast. So that it looks like an actual breast with the nipples and the areola.
How to get ready for a breast reconstruction surgery?
1. You should quit smoking if you are a regular smoker.
2. Avoid certain vitamins or supplements as prescribed by your doctor before the surgery.
3. Take someone with you to stay back during and after the procedure for moral support and to assist you with your stay in a hospital.
1. Infection can occur after the surgery.
2. Hematoma or pooling of blood.
3. The implants can also break through the skin.
4. The implants can rupture and the silicon or saline can leak from the breast tissues.
5. Hard scar tissues can form around the implant.
6. It might not be enough for a woman who has had larger breasts.
7. Implants don’t last life-long. It needs to be replaced after a point of time.
8. Radiation therapy might damage the implants.
9. It can leave a scar from the region where the extra tissue was taken for constructing the breast.
Methods of breast reconstruction surgery:
1. Tissue expander
2. Flap reconstruction
3. Abdominal flaps
4. Mold-assisted reconstruction
5. Direct to implant procedure
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Liposuction is a type of cosmetic surgery that removes excess fat from some parts of the body to improve your overall body contour. Essentially, this cosmetic procedure involves insertion of small, thin but blunt-shaped needles under the skin in those areas that have excess fat. Fat is then suctioned out through these needles by moving them from one place to another under the skin. Also called as “lipo”, this type of cosmetic surgery addresses the following body parts;
- Hips and buttocks
- Fat located on abdomen and waist
- Fat on the upper arms
- Fat on neck, chin and cheek area
- Fat deposited on the back, inner knee, chest, calves and ankles
Liposuction can be performed along with other cosmetic surgeries such as facelift, breast reduction, tummy tuck etc. Please note that liposuction cannot be used to reduce obesity, diabetes and other weight-related disorders.
Types of Liposuction
In recent years, this surgical procedure has been made less painful by developing newer techniques. These are:
- Tumescent Liposuction- This involves applying a local anesthetic on the area where the procedure has to be done. A combination of chemicals e.g. lidocaine and epinephrine is then inserted under the skin. This numbs the precise area where liposuction will be done.
- Ultrasound liposuction: This procedure involves melting of the undesired fat by ultrasound. This form of liposuction is suited for fat deposited on the neck, upper abdomen, sides and the back area.
- Laser liposuction: Low-energy waves are sent under the skin to liquefy the fat that is later removed through the cannulas.
Liposuction is not an elaborate procedure and does not require overnight hospitalization most cases. The patient is administered a local anesthetic so that she does not experience any pain. Overnight hospitalisation may be required if the volume of fat to be removed is large.
Post this surgery, expect your body to swell. The parts of your body where liposuction has been carried out will display swellings, bruises etc. You may even experience pain in those areas. To alleviate discomfort, patients are wrapped up in bandages, support hoses, girdles etc. Some patients may report fluids oozing from the areas affected by liposuction. To prevent infection, doctors prescribe antibiotics to such patients.
Swelling and bruises may continue for the next 7- 10 days post this surgery. Patients may have to wear the bandages, girdles, wraps etc. for the next 3-4 days.
Liposuction results in a better shape if the volume of fat removed is small. If the patient regains weight after liposuction, fat reappears in those areas which have not been treated.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vaser liposuction is a superior sculpting procedure that can significantly eradicate fat, unify the underlying muscle and improve muscle proportion. It is a revolutionary process that can target a specific segment of fat, eliminate it successfully from the body and redefine the shape of the body. Some of the areas where 4D body sculpting or Vaser lipo is extremely effective includes the abdomen, chest, upper legs, upper arm, buttocks and the back area.
Who is an ideal candidate?
4D liposuction can be performed on any individual who is ready to undergo it and has a positive frame of mind towards body shape. It aims to remove fat pockets on a specific portion of the body as mentioned earlier.
Some of the other considerations that should be factored in while undergoing this procedure include the following:
- Young age - People within the age bracket of 20-35 tend to heal quickly compared to higher age groups. Since the skin adapts more favourably towards this age segment, it makes sense to undergo 4D body sculpting at an earlier age.
- Good health - An overall good health index significantly increases the chances of a successful procedure. This essentially means a person who has not undergone any major procedure in the recent past, has no history of heart or blood pressure related disorders.
- No underlying disease - A person going through any major diseases should not sign up for procedures such as these, as they can seriously undermine the overall health. A prior consultation with a medical practitioner is necessary in such as case.
- Lifestyle changes - Vaser lipo or 4D body sculpting requires a person to undergo minor lifestyle changes such as timely eating, eating in small portions, refraining from alcohol, drug abuse, smoking, ready to spend at least 15-20 minutes every day working out etc.
How is the procedure performed?
This procedure requires an anaesthetist to administer local anaesthesia so that the surgical site could be numbed. This ensures that no pain or uncomfortable feeling is felt while the procedure is underway. The doctors then use a marker to mark the fat pockets in the body. This is followed by the use of ultrasonic sound to make the fat cells go loose and ensure that the fat cells reduce their adhesion. This is achieved by inserting a small incision, which is no more than 2-4 mm. This technique ensures zero to no damage to the surrounding tissues. The underlying fat deposits are carefully removed, keeping in mind the body posture and naturals contours. The best part of this type of surgery is the fact that it does not leave any mark in the body. After a week or two, it is difficult to spot the incision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
Gynecomastia is a condition characterized by enlargement of the breast tissue in men. It occurs when there is an imbalance of the testosterone (male sex hormone) and estrogen (female sex hormone) in the body. It may a cause of embarrassment in men.
The primary cause for this condition is an increase in the level of estrogen in comparison with testosterone in the male body. Testosterone controls male characteristics such as body hair and muscle mass. Estrogen is responsible for controlling female characteristics such as breast enlargement.
Men usually produce small quantities of estrogen in their body to maintain certain sexual functions. Complications occur when estrogen levels in the male body increase too much in proportion to testosterone. The condition can be classified as follows:
- Gynecomastia in infants: Half of the infants are usually born with large breasts due to their mother's estrogen. The effect tends to wear off in a few weeks.
- Gynecomastia during puberty: Gynecomastia occurs during puberty due to changes in hormones. The condition goes away without any treatment in six months to 1 year.
- Gynecomastia in men: This condition may peak in men during the age of 50-80. Statistics show that at least 1 out of 4 men in this age group has this condition.
Some other causes for this condition in middle-aged men are as follows:
- Heart medications
- Anti-anxiety drugs
- Antibiotics Chemotherapy Medications that are used to treat heartburn
- Smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol
If the cause of the condition is medications, then discontinuing the medicines should stop the effects. It can also be treated by taking medicines to reduce estrogen levels in the body.
Post-surgery, you should stick to a proper and healthy lifestyle to retain the new shape of the chest area. Weight gain or taking steroids can cause the symptoms of this condition to reappear.
Surgery is another option where an incision is made in the chest area and the extra breast tissues are removed from the area. This also requires repositioning of the nipple in the chest.
In today’s world, females have advance techniques available for shaping up their breasts. It is a part of their overall persona and beauty. Breast augmentation is one of the greatest plastic surgery operations that is done in hospitals across the globe.
Gone are the days, when you would sit back at home and blame nature for your saggy breasts. You have the gift of plastic surgery at your rescue. Breast augmentation can enhance the beauty of your breast and uplift its features. In this process, the implant is put under the pectoral muscle so that you can still breastfeed your infant if needed.
The process is executed with the help of a small 4 cm incision. The recovery process takes a week’s time. Breast augmentation can be carried out in a surgical centre or in any hospital’s outpatient facility. It doesn’t require a hospital stay in most cases. In some selected cases only, the procedure is done using local anaesthesia. In those cases, the patient stays awake. The breast region is made numb.
What to expect during the procedure?
The woman opting this must know what all are expected to happen during the procedure. The surgeon will insert the breast implant by making a single cut in one of the following three areas:
1. In the crease under breast
2. Underarm (axillary)
3. Around the nipple (periareolar)
After the incision is done, the surgeon will try and separate the breast tissue from the patient’s muscles and connective tissue. This will lead to the creation of a pocket either behind or in front of the pectoral muscle. After this, the surgeon will put the implant into the newly-created pocket. It will be centred behind the nipple.
Saline implants are put in an empty form and then filled with sterile salt water. Silicone implants are, however, pre-filled with silicone gel. After the implant is over, the cut is stitched with sutures and the skin is bandaged with adhesive and tape.
What to expect after the procedure?
For a few weeks, the patient might experience Soreness and swelling. It is also possible to develop bruises. Your scars will fade away with time. It is quite possible that the scars will not vanish permanently ever in your lifetime. You must wear a compression or sports bra at the time of healing. You might be required to take painkillers, as advised by the surgeon.