Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vasavi MathurYour feedback matters!
I had a filling done in my right bottom last corner teeth. Off late, when I eat anything sweet, it pains in that teeth. My gut feel says that most likely some part of the filling has come out. Let me know if that is true and what is the remedy.
One of my friend canine teeth are improper. At canine location two adjacent teeth are there. Can the teeth made to a proper position. What is d treatment should undergo? And how much time it will take for a treatment? And what can b the cost for treatment?
My teeth suddenly started decaying inspite of I am not having any sodas and sweets and also I have one milk tooth I am 17 still it has not gone and also I have cross bite what is the solution.
Sir my front two big teeth had been changing slightly dull black in colour in between two. How to correct that sir please guide me.
Dental anxiety or the fear of dentistry has been a buzz word for many to ignore and avoid trips to the dental chair unless there's a very strong pain related stimulus to do so.
While going to the dentist has never been perceived as a pleasant predicament to be in, the levels or degree to which they feel this unpleasantness, can vary widely from person to person.
There are those of us who just feel like procrastinating the appointment and then there are those of us who cannot sleep the previous night and pass out or throw up when we actually make it to the appointment.
Scientific basis underlying this is the degree of fear that you associate with the experience, so no matter whether you are just anxious or downright phobic here are a few things that'll help you keep your emotions and fear in check.
All talk no work -discussion based appointment.
If you're anxious or phobic it helps to ensure that you have all your concerns addressed before you jump on to the chair. (and so to speak the unknown)
Help your dentist identify the things that maybe difficult for you. People are usually scared of particular things like for some of maybe the sound of the drill, for others the water in their mouth so ensure you identify and communicate what's most unacceptable to you so that the dentist can be cautious and customize your treatment.
Timing is key
Fix your appointment before pain hits.
Communicate the degree of fear while making the appointment or request a tele consult to discuss your particular concerns.
Try and schedule a time when you can ensure the doctor is expecting you and won't keep you waiting so your anxiety doesn't grow.
Do your research
When choosing a practice ensure you know what their philosophy is in general and how do they manage dental pain, anxiety and phobias.
It would be advisable to ensure you are going to a practice trained and geared to manage your specific issues.
Besides being a great dental clinic with the right team and technology -the doctor needs to empathise with the reality of dental fear and should be trained to treat you in a different way then regular patients who can
Check in advance if the practice is painfree.
If you do end up doing the procedure,
Break your fear into bite sized chunks
Then ensure you choose to start with a smaller treatment and a shorter session like a cleaning or something that you don't attach fear to.
Once you have a rapport with the doctor you tend to build trust and get comfortable you can start coming in more regularly.
Do not do an internet search on your problem or talk to friends or relatives
The worst thing an anxious patient can do is tap the wrong resource for information. Please ensure that you are not self diagnosing and finding things that match your symptoms online. Things appear way more gory than they actually are on the internet! another mistake that people make often is discussing their dental problem with friends and family who further scare you with their bad experiences and your fear is compounded to a point where you now think all their cumulative dental mishaps are sure to happen to you.
Our advice is follow the above steps find the right doctor and then just sit back relax and enjoy your smile!
I am suffering from sore mouth since 10 days and My stomach is also upset because of that what should I do for that.
Hi. I am 25 year old male. I had frequent mouth ulcers, that's why I can not able to eat properly. These ulcers are comes in frequent way. What should I do to stop these pain full mouth ulcers. please suggest me what type of food I have to take and give me some precautions.
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need to water. What should I do?
Hii I am 22 years old I am suffering from mouth ulcers can I eat honey and dates or not weather it is heat for body or not.
Sir My name is arun. I am suffering to tooth pain that called it akkaldaadh. So pls tell me medicine this pain.
I'm 20 years old and sometimes blood will come from my teeth but rarely .so what can I do to stop these kind of activity.
Dentures are prosthetic devices and their purpose is to replace missing teeth. Dentures are basically false teeth, which are supported by the tissues of the oral cavity. Most dentures are removable, while some are permanently fixed. Dentures are widely used by people all over the world, who have missing teeth.
Here are the ways in which dentures can improve a person's life:
- Speaking becomes clearer: Missing teeth make it difficult for a person to speak clearly. Using dentures will fix this problem and you will be able to speak clearly and properly as dentures take place of the natural teeth. It takes some time to get adjusted to dentures and many people practice pronunciation of difficult words in front of the mirror after getting dentures fitted in their mouth.
- You can eat normally again: Missing teeth cause difficulty in eating and you are unable to eat many of your favorite dishes, which require strong teeth. After getting a denture fitted, you can get back to eating all sorts of foods again and biting or chewing won't be difficult anymore. This too takes some time to adjust and in the beginning, you should eat soft foods by cutting them into small pieces. You should abstain from having chewing gums or hard food initially.
- Your self esteem gets improved: Losing teeth makes you look bad and many people feel embarrassed or ashamed because of missing teeth. A denture is a perfect remedy for this. After getting dentures, your teeth will be back and will look and feel natural. There is usually no worry about the dentures falling off or slipping out as they are fitted properly in the gums. You will look good, and the lost confidence will be back.
- You will have improved oral health: Missing teeth cause health problems, such as bone loss in the jaw area. To avoid this from happening, dentures should be used. These teeth implants will replace your old teeth, and bone loss will be prevented.
- You will appear younger: Missing teeth alter the structure of your face. Wrinkles might appear or the face may seem to look collapsed, then dentures can effectively support the structure of your face and make it appear to be more youthful with added fullness.
Dentures improve the quality of a person's life greatly with missing teeth. They should be taken care of properly, cleaned regularly and you should have regular dentist appointments to ensure a proper fit of the denture. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.