Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Varun Gupta
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Varun GuptaYour feedback matters!
Seasonal allergy causes some symptoms sinusitis rashes sneeze during rainy season what should I do to get rid of it.
Tinnitus is a specific kind of ear disease that can occur in patients of all age groups. This is basically an ear disorder where the patient suffers from buzzing, clicking, swishing or any other kinds of noises in the ears. These noises generally seem to originate from the inside of the head or ears and not from any kind of outside source. What one needs to realise is that tinnitus can be a symptom of many other diseases as well such as an ear infection or an ear trauma of some kind. It can also lead to intense hearing problems or Meniere’s disease, brain tumours, pregnancy or even anaemia.
Symptoms of tinnitus
- The most basic symptoms of tinnitus are the problem in hearing that one has to face due to hearing different sounds in the ear. This, in turn, leads to extreme dizziness. As tinnitus may lead to many other problems, it should primarily be diagnosed by a doctor so as to not let the matter intensify.
- Patients with subjective tinnitus exhibit the symptoms of hearing particular and peculiar sounds which no one else can hear.
- The sounds produced in the ears generally follows the rhythm of the heartbeat. In case of objective tinnitus, the doctor who is examining the patient might in certain cases hear the sounds that the patient is hearing while examining them from close quarters.
Causes of tinnitus
Tinnitus is caused by various other diseases. And each of these cases has a different treatment as per various diagnoses. If tinnitus is caused by trauma, then it usually observed in both the ears simultaneously as both the ears get affected by similar kinds of hearing problems and subsequently have to be treated with similar medications.
- On another case, tinnitus can also be caused, by chance with an increase in age. The cochlea is no longer able to send signals to the brain properly then, in that case, the brain gets easily confused with the information that it gets and in turn, it is not able to do its work properly.
- Tinnitus can also be caused due to exposure to certain kinds of medication and drugs for a long period of time by the patient. Certain antibiotics and quinine has extremely adverse effects on one’s hearing system which may in turn lead to tinnitus as the patient might be allergic to these medicines.
- In other cases, constant exposure to very loud music could be a cause for tinnitus. This is a reason why a majority of young adults have been affected by tinnitus.
- Acoustic neuroma is also a major cause of tinnitus.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir I have snoring problem. I am unable to sleep well awake several times in the night. And at that time breathing problem also. please suggest home remedy for it I am very thankful to you.
Hello,I had ulnar surgery on 29apr18 from that day onwards I'm using ceruvin af and acitrom 2 mg daily. 1st one month I was ok but after I am feeling weird I get panic attacks and I'm checking Google symptoms for every reason sometimes I feel like something bad is going to happen and I feel dizzy and lightheaded. I don't know what is happening to me.
I didn't get satisfactory reply to my earlier question of doing walking exercise after my Nasal block polyps FESS surgery. An ENT specialist may please answer my query.
Hi, I'm suffering from infection in the middle ear. And it's chronic, there is pus and blood flowing what should I do?
Sinusitis refers to a common condition characterised by inflammation and swelling of cavities surrounding nasal passages, commonly known as your sinuses. When something interferes with the flow of air into the sinuses and obstructs mucus drainage out of it, sinus infection or sinusitis mainly occurs.
The most common symptoms of this condition include headache or pain in the facial region, nasal congestion and discharge, loss of smell and fever in some cases. To ensure that you opt for the correct treatment it is necessary to identify the causes of blockage. Here are the chief causes responsible for giving you a sinus infection.
In most cases, a sinus infection is triggered by common cold and flu, which are caused by viruses. Swelling of nasal tissues occurs due to cold, in turn creating a blockage for the holes that are meant for draining mucous. In this case, rather than opting for antibiotics, take precautions against flu and cold. You can even consider getting a flu shot.
Certain pollutants and allergens or deviation of septum can be the cause behind sinus infections as they trigger coughing, irritation of the nose and inflammation. Some of these pollutants are dust, smoke and harmful gases present in the air or substances with a strong odour (certain foods, flowers, perfumes etc). To minimize chances of sinusitis, try to stay away from these irritants to the maximum extent possible. Moreover, you can also use an air purifier to reduce the effects of air pollution.
3. Long term use of nasal decongestant sprays
Nasal decongestant sprays may help you get rid of congestion, but on the other hand they are responsible for the constriction of the blood vessels present in your nose. Moreover, if used for a long time, these nasal products may worsen the symptoms of sinusitis, especially if the directions for use are not correctly followed. Also, prolonged use of the sprays can give rise to rebound nasal congestion, which is basically a relapse of congestion. So, try to minimise the use of it and follow directions very carefully if you do need to use it.
Smoke from cigarettes has an effect similar to pollutants on your nose. Cigarette smoke plays a significant role in degrading the natural sinus-cleaning system of your body resulting in more gunk build up in the sinuses, in turn clogging nasal passages. Moreover, smoking also leads to inflammation, triggering sinus infections. So, try to cut down on your smoking if not quit altogether. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.